Inheritance Inheritance (Tier survey in post #313)

:scream tail: I'm not sure if Scream Tail is broken, but it's a damn fine replacement for Cresselia and in some departments it's arguably better due to its Fairy type. Namely, it's a Dragon Tail immunity which means Cyclizar regenvesters can't phase it out. In fact, aside from Gigaton Hammer Kingambit I'm not sure what the counterplay to Magic Bounce Stored Power even is.

Hi everyone, I'm new around here and I wanna share some nice sets!

102px-Menu_HOME_0248.png
+
102px-Menu_HOME_0962.png

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Rocky Payload
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock / Parting Shot
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Roost

I'm not exactly sure about the EV spread but anyway we have an opportunity to finally give T-Tar Knock Off and some recovery. Rocky Payload works nicely with its huge atk and STABed Stone Edge.

102px-Menu_HOME_0094.png
+
102px-Menu_HOME_0128.png

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute / Work Up / X

Dragapult and Iron Bundle being gone, I've decided to use Gengar. Sub may work against a passive check I guess.

102px-Menu_HOME_1006.png
+
102px-Menu_HOME_0863.png

Iron Valiant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Iron Head

Tough Claws will give you additional power to your STABs + you can abuse U-Turn. Iron Head can work against other Iron Valiants if you don't wanna miss Play Rough. Lycanroc-Dusk gives you almost the same benefits except you can't pivot but you gain SD, Drill Run or Sucker Punch.

102px-Menu_HOME_0823.png
+
102px-Menu_HOME_0663.png

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost

It punishes physical attackers with Flame Body + Rocky Helmet - you basically just change the ability here.

102px-Menu_HOME_0992.png
+
102px-Menu_HOME_0604.png

Iron Hands @ Punching Glove
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Volt Switch / U-Turn
- Thunder Punch
- Drain Punch
- Coil

Using Volt Switch + Coil may be strange but I think Fighting/Electric is enough as coverage. Rocky Helmet won't chip you + you gain a nice immunity to Ground types.

Thanks for reviewing me!

Does anyone have a way to KO this set? I've been swept by this as soon as the opponent sets up a pair of screens and swaps to it. Absolutely no way to get rid of this with it being so bulky and setting up so easily.
screamtail.png
Scream Tail @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Draining Kiss
- Wish

Don Vascus

Certified Wednesday Poster
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Does anyone have a way to KO this set? I've been swept by this as soon as the opponent sets up a pair of screens and swaps to it. Absolutely no way to get rid of this with it being so bulky and setting up so easily.
screamtail.png
Scream Tail @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Psychic
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Draining Kiss
- Wish
:sneasler:

Sneeze (Sneasler) @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

Invest in sneeze ler stocks

Its like future gallade but trades in some matchups (big donphan, metal hari) for others (big Jigglypuff, moltres) and its a bit faster

Hi everyone, I'm top 3 in ladder and wanted to share my team (spoilers: it's a rain team).
1693022346417.png

1693022638737.png

Corviknight @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Roost
Everyone already knows the Corvyknight with drizzle, U turn, Brave Bird, Knock Off and Roost. After Iron Bundle Ban, I think there is no better option for a Drizzle mon.
1693023103873.png

Walking Wake @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
Tera Type: Water
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
Before I had an Iron Bundle, but after the ban I remembered that Dragalge had adaptability and dragon and water attacks... and to add it has almost the same special attack as Bundle, but with less speed, but it doesn't matter. A Draco Meteor hits so hard that it can press Goodra H with regeneration, and without AV or some pokemon with Water Absorb and fairy type is 2 or 1HKO. Even Chancey with a Hydro Pump in rain is forced to use a recovery move, and in those cases Urshifu enters.
1693023598337.png

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
Unless you have another faster Swift Swim, you will have a lot of problems with Urshifu. With SD + STABS + Earthquake for Toxapex, you are in serious trouble. The only pokemon that managed to resist my attacks with SD was Iron Hands with Unaware, but even then I managed to force it to use Recover.
1693023961189.png

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
Can you imagine having hurricane and thunder with 60% confusing and paralyzing? and that has 100% accuracy in rain? That's Zapdos. You confuse, paralyze, take advantage of the situation and make the rival salty.
1693024362800.png

Goodra-Hisui @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Dragon Tail
- Rapid Spin
I've always liked Goodra, and having one that is competitive is like a dream come true. Everyone already knows the set with regeneration so let's continue with the next pokemon.

1693024503400.png

Toxapex @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Revival Blessing
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
Did one of your key pokemon like Walking Wake, Urshifu RS or Corvy die? No problem, Toxapex with Revival Blessing is coming to save us! With Body Press you can exert offensive pressure and with Volt Absorb you are immune to the electric type! What else do I need if I already have everything? right, Revival Blessing, that's why he has Ieppa berry. Is the PP of Revival Blessing over? Rest + Sleep Talk + Pray that you get Revival Blessing even if you don't have PP!.

I felt bad for creating this team, it conditions the teambuilder a lot. It's true that Water Absorb users conditioned me, but unless they're the fairy type, I don't think you can do much, and that's the problem. I always create climate equipment, use Drought before ban, rain, sand stream and even hail, and it is more than obvious that Rain is the best. To finish the counter of this team was Iron Hands being Breelom SD

Hi everyone, I'm top 3 in ladder and wanted to share my team (spoilers: it's a rain team).
View attachment 545550
View attachment 545552
Corviknight @ Damp Rock
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Roost
Everyone already knows the Corvyknight with drizzle, U turn, Brave Bird, Knock Off and Roost. After Iron Bundle Ban, I think there is no better option for a Drizzle mon.
View attachment 545553
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
Before I had an Iron Bundle, but after the ban I remembered that Dragalge had adaptability and dragon and water attacks... and to add it has almost the same special attack as Bundle, but with less speed, but it doesn't matter. A Draco Meteor hits so hard that it can press Goodra H with regeneration, and without AV or some pokemon with Water Absorb and fairy type is 2 or 1HKO. Even Chancey with a Hydro Pump in rain is forced to use a recovery move, and in those cases Urshifu enters.
View attachment 545558
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
Unless you have another faster Swift Swim, you will have a lot of problems with Urshifu. With SD + STABS + Earthquake for Toxapex, you are in serious trouble. The only pokemon that managed to resist my attacks with SD was Iron Hands with Unaware, but even then I managed to force it to use Recover.
View attachment 545561
Bold Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
Can you imagine having hurricane and thunder with 60% confusing and paralyzing? and that has 100% accuracy in rain? That's Zapdos. You confuse, paralyze, take advantage of the situation and make the rival salty.
View attachment 545563
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Dragon Tail
- Rapid Spin
I've always liked Goodra, and having one that is competitive is like a dream come true. Everyone already knows the set with regeneration so let's continue with the next pokemon.

View attachment 545565
Toxapex @ Leppa Berry
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Revival Blessing
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
Did one of your key pokemon like Walking Wake, Urshifu RS or Corvy die? No problem, Toxapex with Revival Blessing is coming to save us! With Body Press you can exert offensive pressure and with Volt Absorb you are immune to the electric type! What else do I need if I already have everything? right, Revival Blessing, that's why he has Ieppa berry. Is the PP of Revival Blessing over? Rest + Sleep Talk + Pray that you get Revival Blessing even if you don't have PP!.

I felt bad for creating this team, it conditions the teambuilder a lot. It's true that Water Absorb users conditioned me, but unless they're the fairy type, I don't think you can do much, and that's the problem. I always create climate equipment, use Drought before ban, rain, sand stream and even hail, and it is more than obvious that Rain is the best. To finish the counter of this team was Iron Hands being Breelom SD
Not gonna give me any credit lol, you stole my team after I beat you with it on the ladder.

Not gonna give me any credit lol, you stole my team after I beat you with it on the ladder.
Although your team had Magnet Pull Great Tusk and Iron Hands as a revival blessing mon and I didn't know the evs of Zapdos. And there is no Iron Bundle, so I think that with the exception of Urshifu Zapdos Corvy, it is a different team. inspired by yours. This is assuming that you are the one who defeated me that time with a variant of this team before the ban of Iron Bundle and Great Tusk Magnet Pull.

Although your team had Magnet Pull Great Tusk and Iron Hands as a revival blessing mon and I didn't know the evs of Zapdos. And there is no Iron Bundle, so I think that with the exception of Urshifu Zapdos Corvy, it is a different team. inspired by yours. This is assuming that you are the one who defeated me that time with a variant of this team before the ban of Iron Bundle and Great Tusk Magnet Pull.
Yup, that's me. But I had H-Goodra for rapid spin, not Iron Hands... You currently have 4/6 mons the same. Before the Bundle ban it sounds like you had 5/6 the exact same. Imitation is the best form of flattery I guess.

Last edited:
Hey guys, what's up? Can we talk about Garganacl? I've played some games and it's absolutely everywhere; any bulky mons take advantage of Garganacl and the combination of Covert Cloak + Knock Off absorber is hard to deal with. It's certainly one of the top doner in SV, and while I don't consider it's broken by itself, I would say it's quite centralizing somehow. I think building will be healthier without Garga.

Also, a couple of sets I would like to share:

102px-Menu_HOME_0445.png
+
102px-Menu_HOME_0612.png

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Dragon
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Substitute

DD Chomp has always been a fantasy. Unaware users won't stop you anymore.

102px-Menu_HOME_1010.png
+
102px-Menu_HOME_0475.png

Iron Leaves @ Life Orb
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Grass
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Psycho Cut
- Sacred Sword
- Agility / Knock Off

I've met this set and it looks really cool. Gholdengo will completely wall you unless you run Knock Off.

See ya!

Last edited:
Hey guys, what's up? Can we talk about Garganacl? I've played some games and it's absolutely everywhere; any bulky mons take advantage of Garganacl and the combination of Covert Cloak + Knock Off absorber is hard to deal with. It's certainly one of the top doner in SV, and while I don't consider it's broken by itself, I would say it's quite centralizing somehow. I think building will be healthier without Garga.

Also, a couple of sets I would like to share:

View attachment 546312 + View attachment 546313

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Dragon
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Substitute

DD Chomp has always been a fantasy. Unaware users won't stop you anymore.

View attachment 546314 + View attachment 546315

Iron Leaves @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Tera Type: Grass
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Psycho Cut
- Sacred Sword
- Agility / Knock Off

I've met this set and it looks really cool. Gholdengo will completely wall you unless you run Knock Off.

See ya!
I've been running that Gallade set with Agility and an Adamant nature, you've got Justified listed instead of Sharpness, though. Knock Off is an interesting option over Night Slash's consistent and higher power.

Without Dark coverage, you smoke just about everything except Gholdengo. It's very powerful but its coverage in 3 moves does leave just a little to be desired, and if it were just a little faster I'd happily run 4 attacks. The Knock Off weakness doesn't help when trying to scare out Cyclizar inheritors.

I’ve been experimenting on the builder and this meta is really fun! It’s kinda like Balanced Hackmons except there’s a bit more structure and not everything is maxed out bulk. The ladder does take a minute to find games though.

Even with all the potent offensive threats, stall seems pretty dominant. I built a pretty damn solid stall team I have yet to lose with.

I was trying to build a TR team, since TR is my go to style. Anyone know why this set isn’t working? Medicham isn’t banned in the builder as a donner as far as I can tell.

Iron Hands @ Life Orb
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick Room

View attachment 545550
View attachment 545552
Corviknight @ Damp Rock
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Roost
View attachment 545553
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
View attachment 545558
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
View attachment 545561
Bold Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
View attachment 545563
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Dragon Tail
- Rapid Spin

View attachment 545565
Toxapex @ Leppa Berry
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Revival Blessing
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Has anyone found any good counters to this team? Been seeing this team frequently on the ladder, and I have yet to find anything that works.

Has anyone found any good counters to this team? Been seeing this team frequently on the ladder, and I have yet to find anything that works.
I was experimenting with Snow Warning Avalugg to vex rain teams, and it IS monumentally physically bulky, but its lack of sustainability and fighting weakness really let it down. It also wants to hold all of Icy Rock, Light Clay and HDBs, but can only hold one.

I have had some success against this team with stall and balance structures using Amoongus, Chesnaught and water immunity sets doing the best work to counter to rain. In theory a Levitate Toxapex or Gyarados set with an electric immunity could also work.

Offensively, there’s um….there’s Quick Draw Iron Hands? And Trace on Fairy types to swipe Swift Swim and counter sweep, heh. Trick Room?

TBH, these are all pretty niche. Drizzle is pretty broken. If it had to set up manually as sun does, it would be much more fair.

Last edited:

Don Vascus

bane (Iron Hands) @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Encore

This guy + a standard goodra set might be able to buy you enough turns to exploit the somewhat lacking defensive core. Also its important that you send some explosive setup every time pex is on the field. You have to make sure they lose something every time they revive it

Last edited:
I think that a fairy guy with a lot of bulk and with the ability Water Absorb nullifies two of the most dangerous pokemon of the team. A Scream Tail would be an answer to that. Knock Off affects the team a lot. Without Life Orb, Choice Specs or Damp rock it won't be able to do you the same damage.

I'm hosting a Gen 9 Inheritance tournament and one of my players reported an issue with Walking Wake as a host. When trying to make WW inherit its own moveset, the teambuilder is very inconsistent with legality on the validate button. Sometimes WW's set shows as illegal despite being fully comprised of moves it normally learns. Some other times it validates just fine for some reason. It's also fine as a donator most of the time.

We're very confused about it, but our theory on why this is happening is there's probably some other Pokémon with a similar moveset that can't have Protosynthesis as an ability (Mew is the only one who fits that criteria apparently)

Teambuilder Screenshots:

1694197167140.png

Walking Wake's "illegal" moveset

1694197194501.png

Walking Wake's moveset being just fine

1694197290247.png

Walking Wake being just fine as a donator

1694197385727.png

Why Mew might be the issue

Don Vascus

Hello! a small update for DLC Release​
ClefableGreybaumThe Number ManDon VascusResult
Shaymin-SkyDNBBANBANBAN3-1 BAN
DarkraiDNBDNBABSBAN1-2-1 DNB
DrizzleDNBDNBDNBBAN1-3 DNB

After a council vote, Shaymin-Sky will not be allowed in the tier, while Darkrai and Drizzle stay!

Skymin is a notable abuser of Serene Grace Air Slash, when on top of its amazing stats would make it quite uncompetitive. Darkrai has a statline not too dissimilar to pokemon already in the tier, so we decided to give it a shot to stay.

Also, Ursaluna-Blood-Moon is freed. Unlike its regular counterpart it lacks sets with the insane power of guts facade, while also not having any priority like Extreme Speed.

Tagging Kris to implement

Don Vascus

Ursaluna-Blood-Moon having Vacuum Wave.
View attachment 551949\
What is love, baby don't hurt me
Its neither stab nor 80 bp, a weak wind vs most mons

Dudunsparce (Ursaluna-Bloodmoon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rattled
Tera Type: Normal
Bold Nature
- Boomburst
- Earth Power
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Its mostly the set id regularly run in ou, but it still might have potential

DLC additions:

:chimecho: Cresselia's sins have been atoned for and no more will there be headaches in the teambuilder over Levitate + Recovery. Previously, Cryogonal was the only one with Levitate + Recovery, now we have a second option with an arguably better movepool: Wish, Heal Bell, Calm Mind, Knock Off, Shadow Ball, Taunt

:crawdaunt: This was a great donor last gen, mainly on watershifu with a set of Adapt + dual-STAB + DD/SD + Filler

:clefable: Magic Guard duh

:manaphy: Likely a good receiver with pure water + all 100s, as a donor it has Tail Glow + Scald but Hydration kinda sucks

:darkrai: Probably the most busted new addition to the meta, will likely inherit from Clawitzer with Mega Launcher + Dark Pulse + Aura Sphere, Stakeout's an option too but without Thievul you're literally just a Dark Pulse button and have no other special moves

:ribombee: QD for fairy types, Sticky Web

:mienshao: Was probably the best donor last gen due to the ubiquity of Regen and it being the best donor for it, unfortunately Cyclizar has stolen its niche

:gliscor: With Poison Heal banned and no Roost, this has zero shot at being a donor, and as a base it's stuck in Landorus's shadow

:torterra: Shell Smash restricted, boring

:infernape: Came across this while looking for a donor for Iron Hands, of all the mons with Drain Punch + Thunder Punch + Recovery, this had one of the better abilities imo

:empoleon: Lacks a donor for Scald + Flash Cannon + Good ability, no idea what it's gonna run

:ninetales: Drought

:mamoswine: Has lots of donors for dual STAB, none of which are clearly the best, interesting to see how this develops

:rillaboom: Flagship pokemon for Grassy Glide, was used a lot on Zarude last gen, even with the nerf I'd be surprised if it doesn't see decent usage

:conkeldurr: Kinda already has everything it wants and it's the best receiver for itself

:chandelure: Faces very strong competition as a Fire/Ghost type, maybe could work as a cleaner with Scarf Torch Song

:mandibuzz: Bad abilities but only mon with Roost + Toxic + Knock Off/Foul Play, as a receiver I don't see much reason to use it over Ting-Lu

:swanna::leavanny::probopass: Do I even need to say anything?

:dusclops::dusknoir: Knock Off is everywhere and stat spread seems like just a worse version of Toxapex

:ambipom: If I want a fast Population Bomb normal-type, I'd go with Cyclizar's superior speed tier to get the jump on Valiant, Sneasler, Cinderace, Meowscarda, Roaring Moon, etc

:milotic: As a base, faces too much competition from Manaphy, as a donor, it's got Scald + Haze + Recover but not much else

:volbeat: Tail Glow + Recovery is cool but a shallow special movepool doesn't help

:ludicolo: Use Ogerpon Wellspring

:snorlax: No Poison Heal, but it's a regenvest with STAB, honestly no idea what it'll do or if it'll be good

:mightyena: Worse version of Mabosstiff

:ninetales-alola: Veil

:ursaluna-bloodmoon: Already being discussed

:ogerpon-hearthflame: Really annoying to find donors with dual STAB, usually you have to settle for either a weaker secondary STAB or a worse ability, for example you've got Sudowoodo with Wood Hammer + Rock Head but your fire STAB is Fire Punch, you've got Mew/Skeledirge with Flare Blitz + Seed Bomb but a subpar ability, you've got Ninetales with Drought + Flare Blitz but now you have no physical grass STAB

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)