Tournament I Can't Believe It's Not the PU Open II - Won by Sam I Yam!

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
everyone else needs an extension so bop I can call the round

extensions:
Ares vs. Beksel
Abyssal Ruins vs. GenZeon
Optical Real vs. LuckOverSkill - you better get this done. no one is getting to round 4 without playing a game >.>
coolio1223 vs. HJAD

and because no activity calls I'll do pairings in this post :D

Round 4
DEADLINE IS NEXT SUNDAY BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE COMPLAINED ABOUT SATURDAY DLS BUT TRY TO GET THEM DONE SOONER RATHER THAN LATER. EXTENSION DEADLINE IS TUESDAY.
NEW DROPS AND RISES APPLY NOW - NO SCYTHER, QUAG & YES ARCHEOPS, MESPRIT, QWILFISH. MEDICHAM IS BANNED. IF ANYTHING IS BANNED DURING THIS ROUND, IT DOES NOT APPLY UNTIL THE END OF THE ROUND.

and here are the pairings :D

GeneralAnnoyance vs (coolio1223 vs. HJAD)
Megazard vs TSR
RawMelon vs CB Weedle
(Ares vs. Beksel) vs snagaa
Twix vs Dundies
(Optical Real vs. LuckOverSkill) vs Sam I Yam
TJ vs (Abyssal Ruins vs. GenZeon)
Has Tattoos vs Dibs The Dreamer

highlights: Twix vs. Dundies
GeneralAnnoyance vs. HJAD
Megazard vs. TSR

have fun :D

Last edited:

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
Predictions for Round 4

GeneralAnnoyance vs (coolio1223 vs. HJAD) HJAD has already proven himself by beating great players early on such as Haund and SpecsMegaBeedrill, but I find GeneralAnnoyance more innovative and more consistent overall. A tough call, but not nearly as much as...
Megazard vs TSR TSR is an extremely good player, but Megazard is one of the best PU players ever. Toughest of the matchups to call, with a 60/40 in Megazard's favor.
RawMelon vs CB Weedle RawMelon is also up there in the realm of the best of the best PU players ever. No further comments.
(Ares vs. Beksel) vs snagaa I believe Ares is more knowledgable on the current metagame than Beksel or Snagaa.
Twix vs Dundies Have you met my friend Dundies?
(Optical Real vs. LuckOverSkill) vs Sam I Yam How did he win two coinflips, smh? Anyways, OpticalReal is actually a consistently good PU player.
TJ vs (Abyssal Ruins vs. GenZeon) PokemonMoosterTJ lets gooooo!
Has Tattoos vs Dibs The Dreamer Dibs can bring of variety of different styles of teams, and play them well.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
GeneralAnnoyance vs (coolio1223 vs. HJAD) HJAD is a beast. Even though he hasn't played tons of matches this meta, he's a lot more comfortable with the NU mons that dropped down. GA is nice too so should be a cool matchup to watch

Megazard vs TSR Zard will win if he finds the motivation to build and test good teams. He's a proven player but hasn't really built much for SM, which may hold him back against another seasoned player in TSR.

RawMelon vs CB Weedle Both players are pretty good but i think that the underdog is going to pull through for some reason. as aaron said, rawmelon is a great PU player, but CB Weedle already pulled a surprise win against Teddeh and I think he has a chance to do it again.

(Ares vs. Beksel) vs snagaa This is a pretty good matchup all around. You have the old school player in Ares who recently made his return, and newer players in Beksel and snagaa. Although Beksel is solid for being new to the tier, I feel like if Ares builds good teams he can win as he is a really competent player. I think snagaa might even pull out a surprise win as he has been doing really well thus far.

Twix vs [BAN ME PLEASE] I'm dogshit lol

(Optical Real vs. LuckOverSkill) vs Sam I Yam I understand that Optical Real is a pretty seasoned player but i haven't seen him play at all this meta and he's only at this point by luck (coinflips). Speaking of Luck, I think he's going to come out with both wins for some reason haha.

TJ vs (Abyssal Ruins vs. GenZeon) TJ is good.

Has Tattoos vs Dibs The Dreamer This is a really really good matchup in my opinion. Dibs is a pretty seasoned player and very good, however in my opinion Has Tattoos is the Dark Horse in this tour and I really think he can win the whole thing if he plays well.

GeneralAnnoyance vs(coolio1223 vs. HJAD) - Overall he has 4 letters in his name, which is the same as FLCL, so if by trend of 4 letter name continues, HJAD should have this by a large margin.

Megazard vs TSR - This tournament isn't PUPL, so megazard knows how to win games. No disrespect to TSR, but if he had 1 more letter in his name, then he would have had this.

RawMelon vs CB Weedle - Rawmelon is one of the better players in this tier. If he brings something reliable and wears his 4 leaf clover coupled by a lucky rabbits foot, he should be all gucci. Although, CB Weedle did take down the best player to ever live last round, he's certainly a giant killer and I wouldn't be surprised if he takes this one too.

(Ares vs. Beksel) vs snagaa - The 4 letter name rule only applies if they are all caps, sadly for Ares, this is not the case and Snagaa is a really good player.

Twix vs Dundies - He's a PU main, what else can I say?

(Optical Real vs. LuckOverSkill) vs Sam I Yam - He's going to win the activity call vs Optical Real who apparently signs up for tournaments not to play matches, sadly this has been a running trend. Luck is also lucky, so luck lucks the unlucky.

TJ vs (Abyssal Ruins vs. GenZeon) - If he varies his team choices, since he openly told everyone how broken lilligant was, I think he can take this. Underrated player.

Has Tattoos vs Dibs The Dreamer - By far the cutest user in the tier, so naturally you have to predict him to win games. Let's hope Morrisons gives him the time off to get these games done a quick manner, I can't wait to see some attackless miltank action once more.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
so far it is 1-1 between dundies and i am going to john the last game though

edit: won gg

fun sets I used since dundies made rooms hidden: Z Hail Glaceon, Scarf Aggron (actually pretty ass), Earth Plate Toxic Mudsdale, Farium Z Mesprit, Nasty Plot HP Ground Shiftry, Specs Chatot, Sub Toxic Pom Pom, Whirlpool Kanga, Vibrava

Last edited:

dibs

double iron bashes
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
so far it is 1-1 between dundies and i am going to john the last game though

edit: won gg

fun sets I used since dundies made rooms hidden: Z Hail Glaceon, Scarf Aggron (actually pretty ass), Earth Plate Toxic Mudsdale, Farium Z Mesprit, Nasty Plot HP Ground Shiftry, Specs Chatot, Sub Toxic Pom Pom, Whirlpool Kanga, Vibrava
The evil is defeated

anyways, my go:

GeneralAnnoyance vs (coolio1223 vs. HJAD) The HL game of HL games
Megazard vs TSR
RawMelon vs CB Weedle
(Ares vs. Beksel) vs snagaa
(Optical Real vs. LuckOverSkill) vs Sam I Yam
TJ vs (Abyssal Ruins vs. GenZeon)

Also contacted, playing Friday cos I'm a john

Last edited:
Sorry for man want see Ares vs Me but i don't have many time for play SM and i need build Oras for PUPL so give the win to Ares Gg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)