Hyunation's Graphics (Gallery & Requests)

(+1 for creative thread name)

Hi, I'm Hyunation and I've been enrolled in a Graphics Designs course at University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign for almost 2 years. Before this and during this, I've designed graphics, primarily banners, for various Youtubers and Smogon users hosting tournaments, or simply in need for a banner to make their thread look pretty. One of my personal favorite graphics to make were the side banners on Youtube channels back when they actually allowed customization.

That's basically a background of what I've accomplished thus far, and I'm welcoming anyone who is in need for graphics, be it on a thread on here, or for any site, to post on here saying such.

I'd like to say I work at a reasonable pace and can possibly have your request done within a day or two, if not sooner depending on the complicity/simplicity of said request.

One last thing I want to mention is that I cannot draw all that well. When designing, I will look for third-party graphics to help my overall piece come together. (Credited of course.)

To wrap it all off, I will be adding past works of mine onto this thread, and doing my best to regularly update this with graphics that I make out of request.

Thank you for the time. [:
~Hyunation

Youtube Banner for Raseri

Banner for my team in "The Ghosting Tournament"

Banners I used for a tournament I held

Banner for NU Viability Thread

New PU Sample Teams Thread Banner

New Banner for NU League Thread

Sparkl3y's YouTube Banner

Requested Facebook banner for Scarf Buck

Template for Raseri's Pokemon Insurgence Playthrough

"UUnleashed" banner requested by SwedishBiscuit

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Moved this to Smeargle's Laptop, as your work is more centered around using renders and pre-existing images to create new work using software effects and tools. Nonetheless, really digging that background in your first banner. Might wanna look into adding some inner glow or other texture to the text, since it takes up so much space even though it's not that detailed.

Hey!, I'm requesting a facebook cover photo (dimensions: 851 pixels wide by 315 pixels tall)

I would like an image of a simple gates to hell, something along the lines of a black metal fence with fire around the base also some fire and general redness around the gates would be cool too, and this image at the center of the gate
http://goo.gl/7FaKnG

hope I made this fairly easy too do. i eagerly await the finished project

Thanks in advance!

Hey!, I'm requesting a facebook cover photo (dimensions: 851 pixels wide by 315 pixels tall)

I would like an image of a simple gates to hell, something along the lines of a black metal fence with fire around the base also some fire and general redness around the gates would be cool too, and this image at the center of the gate
http://goo.gl/7FaKnG

hope I made this fairly easy too do. i eagerly await the finished project

Thanks in advance!
just seeing this now because for whatever reason i didn't get a notification! i'll begin working on it tonight and hopefully have it done tomorrow.

Nice works, was wondering where that NU Viability banner came from.

I'd like to request a 760x280 pixel banner with a Hawlucha, Victini, and Staraptor from left to right (all Ken Sugimori art style - the official art). Hawlucha should be flipped horizontally so it's facing the right. The words UUnleashed should be featured near the bottom of the banner, and the tops of the letters should overlap the Pokemon (similar to your PU Sample Teams Thread Banner).

Those are the only requirements I have, so feel free to get however creative you would like!

Nice works, was wondering where that NU Viability banner came from.

I'd like to request a 760x280 pixel banner with a Hawlucha, Victini, and Staraptor from left to right (all Ken Sugimori art style - the official art). Hawlucha should be flipped horizontally so it's facing the right. The words UUnleashed should be featured near the bottom of the banner, and the tops of the letters should overlap the Pokemon (similar to your PU Sample Teams Thread Banner).

Those are the only requirements I have, so feel free to get however creative you would like!
Okay, so this is what I have so far; http://puu.sh/izbRk/757e4c6095.jpg
What I have to comment on before proceeding is that I would suggest moving Victini to the right, and Staraptor to the middle. Reason being; Victini's awkwardly long right ear makes the spacing look noticably off, and then I have a quite well fitting background design that would love to have Staraptor in the center to fit the gray area in the center of the design, and to have Victini match the red area to the right, just like Hawlucha.

Okay, so this is what I have so far; http://puu.sh/izbRk/757e4c6095.jpg
What I have to comment on before proceeding is that I would suggest moving Victini to the right, and Staraptor to the middle. Reason being; Victini's awkwardly long right ear makes the spacing look noticably off, and then I have a quite well fitting background design that would love to have Staraptor in the center to fit the gray area in the center of the design, and to have Victini match the red area to the right, just like Hawlucha.
Go on right ahead with those adjustments.

complete[:
It's wonderful, I really enjoy the background you choose for it along with the text font/color. By any chance, could you lessen or remove the bright "lighting" on the edges of the Pokemon designs? It looks a bit too distracting for my taste, but if there isn't anything you can do about it, it's quite alright!

It's wonderful, I really enjoy the background you choose for it along with the text font/color. By any chance, could you lessen or remove the bright "lighting" on the edges of the Pokemon designs? It looks a bit too distracting for my taste, but if there isn't anything you can do about it, it's quite alright!
Unfortunately I've already closed Photoshop without saving a .psd of the project. The lighting you see is the Bevel and Embross layer style by the way. It contrasts with making the bottom of the Pokemon's gradiant darker, it just can't be seen too well with the font covering the bottom up.

Unfortunately I've already closed Photoshop without saving a .psd of the project. The lighting you see is the Bevel and Embross layer style by the way. It contrasts with making the bottom of the Pokemon's gradiant darker, it just can't be seen too well with the font covering the bottom up.
That's no problem at all, thanks for the awesome banner!

Deej Dy

Verified Ladder Scurb 乁( ◔ ౪◔)ㄏ
Yo Hyu, could you do me a favor and make me a Youtube banner/ maybe even a vid thumbnail for "Laddering with Deej"?
Greatly appreciated my brotha, and no rush so take w/e time you need.

If you can do it, ill provide more details n stuff

Yo Hyu, could you do me a favor and make me a Youtube banner/ maybe even a vid thumbnail for "Laddering with Deej"?
Greatly appreciated my brotha, and no rush so take w/e time you need.

If you can do it, ill provide more details n stuff
sure i'm open to work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)