Gen 6 Hope - ORAS UU ( Entei Celebi and Mega Swampert offense)

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Introduction

Hello! I'm Sun, and this is my first ORAS UU RMT. The metagame is probably the best I've ever played during my time on Smogon. Gen 6 ended a year ago, but I really miss the tier, its peculiarities and its competitiveness. Today I'd like to share one of the best teams I've built. It features Entei, Celebi and Mega Swampert, and I achieved decent success with it in UU Majors I and on the ladder.

Teambuilding Process

I chose to build around this trio because I believe that a core CB Entei, Nasty Plot Celebi and RD Mega Swampert with the right support can be extremely effective in a metagame where Sylveon, Krookodile, Mega Aerodactyl, Celebi, Gyarados, Conkeldurr and Tentacruel are everywhere. They pack a ton of firepower and can threaten bulky and offensive teams alike.

I chose Crobat because I needed a solid pivot that could handle Fairies, Mega Beedrill and Conkeldurr. U-turn also allows me to safely bring in my wallbreakers and take advantage of Steel types like Registeel, Empoleon, Bronzong and Mega Aggron that typically switch into Crobat.

The team lacked countermeasures against Mega Sharpedo and Mega Aerodactyl, and also needed a Stealth Rock setter. Shuca Berry Cobalion is fantastic in ORAS UU, and the berry allows it to check Krookodile and Mega Aerodactyl in a pinch. Cobalion also provides a secondary check to Mega Beedrill and Hydreigon. Its forms a nice VoltTurn core with Crobat as well that offers more opportunities to get in my wallbreakers safely.

Choice Specs Sylveon rounds off the team as an additional Hydreigon check and fearsome wallbreaker against both offensive and defensive teams with its powerful Hyper Voice and decent coverage. It also takes full advantage of Crobat's and Cobalion's ability to pivot and bring Sylveon in safely.

The Team

@

Ability- Pressure
EVs- 252 Atk | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
Nature- Adamant
Sacred Fire | Extreme Speed | Stone Edge | Flare Blitz
Choice Band Entei is one of the scariest wallbreakers in the tier, dealing a ton of damage while threatening its common switch-ins with a burn. Stone Edge is helpful to hit Pokemon that are capable of absorbing Sacred Fire, such as Chandelure, Mega Aerodactyl, opposing Entei and defensive Arcanine. I found Extreme Speed to be the most useful move after Sacred Fire, giving me a powerful priority move to revenge kill weakened threats like Gyarados, Hydreigon, Infernape, Mega Sceptile, Mega Beedrill, Crawdaunt, Feraligatr and Mega Sharpedo. I've used Flare Blitz only in certain cases, such as if I have to play safe without risking a miss or I need the extra power to guarantee a KO.

@

Ability- Natural Cure
EVs- 4 Def | 252 SpA | 252 Spe
IVs- 0 Atk
Nature- Timid
Giga Drain | Psychic | Nasty Plot | Shadow Ball / Dazzling Gleam / Leech Seed
Celebi has been a fantastic addition to the tier and provides me with a Grass-type that completely dominates CroCune and is extremely difficult to handle for balanced and defensive teams. Celebi's coverage allows it to beat Suicune, Reuniclus and Cresselia one-on-one, while also hitting Metagross and Chandelure super effectively. Other options in the last slot are Dazzling Gleam, which can be used to destroy Hydreigon, and Leech Seed, which improves Celebi's matchup against stall teams and Blissey in particular.

@

Ability- Torrent
Nature- Adamant
Rain Dance | Waterfall | Ice Punch | Earthquake
Mega Swampert rounds out my trio of wallbreakers and is very hard to stop if my opponent does not pack a defensive Gyarados, Almomola or Suicune, all three of which Celebi can take advantage of. Rain Dance is self-explanatory to boost Waterfall's power and take advantage of Swift Swim. Ice Punch takes care of Celebi and Hydreigon, while Swampert's STAB moves hit the rest of the tier extremely hard.

@

Ability- Infiltrator
EVs- 248 HP | 8 Atk | 252 Spe
Nature- Jolly
Brave Bird | Roost | U-turn | Defog

Crobat provides the team with an important check to Mega Beedrill, opposing Celebi and Fairy-types. Its U-turn also opens up opportunities to bring Entei and Mega Swampert in safely. Defog is especially useful for this team since I have no Toxic Spikes absorber and two Pokemon weak to Stealth Rock. Crobat also acts as another line of defense against the likes of Heracross, Infernape, Mega Sceptile and Conkeuldurr.

@

Ability- Justified
Nature- Jolly
Volt Switch | Stealth Rock | Iron Head | Close Combat
Shuca Berry Cobalion packs a ton of utility with its multiple roles as a Stealth Rock setter, useful pivot and an excellent check to Mega Sharpedo, Crawdaunt, Mega Aerodactyl and Scarf Krookodile. It can also check Mega Beedrill in a pinch. Volt Switch allows Cobalion to gain momentum against common switch-ins like Suicune, Almomola and Forretress, and puts Gyarados in range of Entei's Extreme Speed.

@

Ability- Pixilate
EVs- 4 Def | 252 SpA | 252 Spe
IVs- 0 Atk
Nature- Modest
Hyper Voice | Psyshock | Shadow Ball | Heal Bell
Choice Specs Sylveon was the last addition to the team and provides me with a reliable Hydreigon switch-in. Specs gives it immense firepower with Hyper Voice destroying most Pokemon that aren't a Steel-type or Blissey, and Psyshock taking care of Poison-types like Roserade and Crobat. It also lands a neutral hit on Fire-types, such as Entei and Arcanine. Shadow Ball provides coverage against Steel-types and hits Metagross, Chandelure and Doublade in particular extremely hard. Heal Bell keeps the team free of status and is especially helpful when Mega Swampert gets burned by an opposing Entei's Sacred Fire.

Threatlist

Offensive Water-types - Dragon Dance Gyarados and Feraligatr in particular are huge threats to this team. They can be played around by smart use of Cobalion's Volt Switch and Entei's Extreme Speed. Crobat can also put Feraligatr within range of Cobalion's Close Combat. Mega Swampert can be kept in check through a combination of Celebi, Shuca Berry Cobalion and priority.

Psychic-types - CM Cresselia and Reuniclus are extremely threatening if they find a way to set up a few boosts, as this would make them increasingly difficult for Celebi to break through. CB Entei and Specs Sylveon can do massive damage with them without much retaliation. Aggressively utilising the powerful wallbreakers is the best way to go about handling them.

Entei and Mega Aerodactyl - Dangerous for any balanced team to face, but fortunately this team has multiple ways to handle them. Mega Swampert is a decent switch-in, and Sylveon's Heal Bell can keep it free of burns. Celebi OHKOs with a +2 Psychic after SR as well. Cobalion, Crobat and my own Entei can all check it in a pinch. Mega Aerodactyl has little hope of getting past a healthy Cobalion or Mega Swampert, but it can be very threatening if they are weakened since it easily deals with the remainder of my team.

Shoutouts

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow ball
- Heal Bell

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)