Votes: 4 14.3%
  • No doubt

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Pls dont tell anyone

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters
Team Preview

(outdated) Process

Mega Heracross looked like a fairly interesting mon to me to build around. Fighting stab in this meta is pretty good, with its coverage moves and SD skyrocketing its attack stat it can claim a kill really easily.

I added Tyranitar because it's able to pursuit trap most mons that can annoy Mega Heracross such as Mega Alakazam, Specs Gengar, Alolan Marowak, Latios and Latias, Tyranitar can also threaten flying types that can threaten out Mega Heracross easily. Tyranitar is also able to annoy bulky orriented teams due to its insane attack stat with Choice Band and its fantastic STAB moves.

Magearna looked like a good addition due to being able to eat any special psychic/fairy type attack that threaten Mega Heracross and Tyranitar it also gives a slow volt switch to bring in Mega Heracross.

Still in love with the S rank core lol, Defensive Landorus-Therian and AV Magearna are great partners due to Landorus-Therian being able to eat hits from some of the mons that annoy Magearna, same goes for Magearna eating hits for Landorus-Therian, it also makes for a good volt-turn core that can bring in Mega Heracross and Tyranitar.

S/o to The Hunters Prowl for this suggestion, first i had Latias in this place but he told me how weak i was to Mega Medicham as my scarfer; Latias wasn't able to actually kill it so why not add something that actually walls it and also defogs away hazards so my defensive core doesnt get worn down. Mew adds a good defensive mon to this team not leaving me swept by mons such as Mega Medicham, Mega Lopunny, Sub DD Zygarde and Flyinium Z Landorus-Therian.

I chose Heatran as my last member because it's able to beat mons that my team heavily struggled against such as Mega Scizor, Celesteela, Magearna (depending on its set) and Mega Mawile (4 attacks) it also takes care of Toxapex with Groundium Z. Heatran can also absorb Will-O-Wisps for Tyranitar and Mega Heracross if it mega evolved already.

(outdated) Sets

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-
Swords Dance
-
Pin Missile
-
Bullet Seed
-
Close Combat​

Mega Heracross is the main breaker of this team Swords Dance is able to boost this mons attacks to a great power it reaches an attack stat of 1030 and not much is actually walling that unless ur called Clefable or Toxapex. Pin Missile enables Mega Heracross to deal great damage to a target that doesn't resist it this is also one of its 2 STAB moves. Bullet Seed can beat Clefable at +2 also hitting fat waters that my team does really get annoyed by such as Suicune and Tapu Fini, also being able to hit Keldeo. Close Combat is Mega Heracross' most hard hitting move and can be really annoying to fatter teams.

+2 252+ Atk Heracross-Mega Bullet Seed (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 345-410 (87.5 - 104%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Heracross-Mega Bullet Seed (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 8 Def Toxapex: 275-325 (90.4 - 106.9%) -- approx. 31.3% chance to OHKO

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-
Stone Edge
-
Crunch
-
Pursuit
-
Earthquake​

Tyranitar can support Mega Heracross really well because it can take on most of Mega Heracross's checks, Stone Edge hits everything that doesn't resist very hard and makes Tyranitar able to wall break rather easily. Crunch is a good STAB move that covers most things that Stone Edge doesn't hit. Pursuit is able to effectively trap mons it normally forces out such as Latios and Latias for example. EQ is to hit things hard that it could otherwise be setup bait to such as SG Magearna.

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
-
Fleur Cannon
-
Iron Head
-
Hidden Power [Fire]
-
Volt Switch
AV Magearna is able to comfortably wall opposing offensive Magearna, Specs Ash-Greninja, Mega Diancie, Tapu Lele etc. Fleur Cannon is a good STAB move that hits very hard to anything that does not resist. I am using Iron Head > Flash Cannon because Iron Head is able to beat dual dance Magearna while Flash Cannon doesn't. Hidden Power Fire means that u are not complete bait for Ferrothorn and SD Scizor. Volt Switch makes Magearna a great pivot due to it not being a complete momentum sack.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
-
Stealth Rock
-
Earthquake
-
Hidden Power [Ice]
-
U-turn
Defensive Landorus-Therian is great due to its access to Stealth Rocks and U-Turn, Stealth Rock is one of the best moves in the game giving certain mons very important roles and wearing down ur opponent consistently. Earthquake is good STAB and still hits very hard even without any Attack investment. Hidden Power Ice is used to check certain opposing Landorus-Therians, Zygarde and Garchomp. U-Turn again makes Landorus-Therian a great pivot because it isn't a complete momentum sap.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 84 Def / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
-
Roost
-
Defog
-
Ice Beam
-
Will-O-Wisp
Roost is able to keep Mew healthy at any time making it very sustainable. Defog keeps hazards off the field which my team greatly appreciates. Ice Beam enables Mew to beat Landorus-Therian and Zygarde. Will-O-Wisp cripples many mons that can try to switch in and get worthless. The given EV spread enables Mew to outspeed max speed Jolly Landorus-Therian while being as bulky as possible.

Heatran @ Groundium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-
Magma Storm
-
Earth Power
-
Toxic
-
Taunt
Magma Storm has great power, traps the foe and can wrack up residual damage. Earth Power in conjunction with Groundium Z enables for a good lure to beat Toxapex which likes to come in on Heatran any day, Earth Power also doesn't leave you walled by opposing Heatran. Toxic is able to greatly cripple common switch ins to Heatran such as Keldeo and Zygarde. Taunt with Toxic is able to beat stall as long as u actually hit ur Magma Storms.

(outdated) Threats
Threat level
High
Medium
Low
Rain- My only way of actually dealing with these 3 mons is burning Mega Swampert with Mew and keeping Magearna very safe so it doesn't lose too much health so it can actually afford to try and wall Kingdra.
Tyranitar- If the opposing Tyranitar user predicts very well vs me Tyranitar should be able to break my whole team in half.
Specs Tapu Koko- This mon, again is a very big threat due to it having to click hp ice once predicting the Landorus-Therian and then it just clicks Volt Switch/Thunderbolt and almost everything dies.
HP Ground Volcarona- Volcarona is able to run through most of my mons as i dont have a good resist to Volcarona's coverage options.
Heatran- This mon can be decently annoying especially with rocks up but i do have ways around it.
Kartana- Kartana can muscle through my whole team if it's timed right, especially if its Z-Sacred Sword.
Charizard-X- Charizard-X is able to completely destroy my team once Landorus-Therian and Tyranitar get worn down.

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 84 Def / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp

Heatran @ Groundium Z
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Taunt

Heracross @ Heracronite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Explosion

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Heatran @ Groundium Z
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Taunt

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
So is Keldeo not a thing? It looks like Keldeo eats this team alive and just wittles away at mag for a couple turns then its game over. You might as well put all relevant waters as a threat, suicune sets up and scalds away and I think you're overestimating magearnas ability to handle both greninja forms in the long run.

I would be interested to see how far you got on ladder with this or in small tour settings. The lack of good counterplays to waters and lack of speed control especially against offense is worrisome to say the least.

Edit: add hp ground volcarona in there as well to for threats that 6-0s.

Last edited:
So is Keldeo not a thing? It looks like Keldeo eats this team alive and just wittles away at mag for a couple turns then its game over. You might as well put all relevant waters as a threat, suicune sets up and scalds away and I think you're overestimating magearnas ability to handle both greninja forms in the long run.

I would be interested to see how far you got on ladder with this or in small tour settings. The lack of good counterplays to waters and lack of speed control especially against offense is worrisome to say the least.
u could also make a rate and help me improve the team you know

edit: thanks for pointing out volcarona, missed that one.

Last edited:
Hey there, cool team you have here! I like M-heracross which I think is an underrated mon. The main downside of your team is a strong lack of speed and I feel some mons could fit your team better.

I feel like the role of your Tyranitar is quite redundant with M-Heracross and your defensive core already brings good answers to mons Tyranitar is supposed to check for M-Heracross like flying or psyschic types.

My suggestion is to use a scarfed Serperior instead: it can outspeed almost any mon in OU and is quite unexpected. It is a very powerful winning condition, especially if M-Heracross was able to weaken mons you can just spam leaf storm and see the result. It will greatly help you vs rain team as it outspeeds and OHKO M-Swampert under rain and counter Keldeo. Last but not least, Glare is a very interesting move that can weaken a fast mon that would otherwise threaten your team (e.g. Volcarona).

Hope this can help you

Serperior @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare

Hey, nice team. The team uses a vastly underrated wallbreaker in Mega Heracross which basically blasts everything not named Unaware Clefable into pieces. In addition, Tyranitar gives an incredibly solid wallbreaking core with Heracross trapping Pokémon such as the Lati Twins. However, I noticed that the team does not have a form of speed control, where Heatran is the fastest Pokemon in the team. To add to this, offensive fires such as Heatran and Volcarona are threats in addition to wallbreakers like Kartana, and waters like a Greninja-Ash and Suicune. The team also lacks a solid Tapu Koko switchin, and rain offense utterly decimates the team. On top of this, Mega Pinsir is a massive threat to the team.

My first suggestion is to run Choice Scarf > Defensive Landorus-T. This gives the team a solid form of speed control and is no longer complete fodder for wallbreakers such as SD Kartana, CB Hoopa-U, Icium KyuB, and also helps vs Pokémon such as Mega Pinsir. Choice Scarf Landorus-T also appreciates Mega Heracross and CB Tyranitar weakening ground type Pokémon for Scarf Landorus-T. Choice Scarf Landorus-T still supplies U-Turn to Heracross, and does not give Greninja-Ash another opportunity to come in. On the set, Rock Slide is a more reliable move than Stone Edge, with a amazing 30% flinch chance. However, this does remove the Stealth Rock support in the team. In addition to that, the loss of defensive Landorus-T only weakens your Mega Charizard X matchup. In addition, defensive Landorus-T was a much solidder ground resist than Choice Scarf Landorus, forcing you to rely more on Mew.

My next recommendation is to run Rock Blast > Bullet Seed on Heracross, and Jolly > Adamant on Heracross. Rock Blast allows
Heracross to deal far more damage to Pokémon such as Latios and to Fire types such as the Charizards and even Pokémon such as Gengar. Heracross can beat Magic Guard Clefable, and you mentioned Bullet Seed is for Bulky Waters that threaten the team. However, Pin Missile can deal heavy damage to Suicune even behind a Subsitute, and Rock Blast severely weakens Tapu Fini. Jolly Heracross can outspeeds an unboosted Shift Gear Magearna, and anything that tries to creep it like Mew, while speed tying Jolly Tapu Bulu and outspending Adamant variants. This does comes at the cost of some considerable amount of power.

Now, we head into the major Pokémon changes. My first suggestion is to run SpD Ferrothorn > AV Magearna. Specially Defensive Ferrothorn is a little bit
solider check to Ash-Greninja, and water types in general. It is also better for Pokémon such as Tapu Koko. To top this off, Ferrothorn is far solidder for Mega Swampert than Magearna, helping the rain matchup by a decent chunk. Ferrothorn also gives you the much needed Stealth Rock support back. Maximum special defense allows Ferrothorn to check Magearna and Ash Greninja better, with Thunder Wave to improve speed control and catch Pokémon such as Volcarona on the switch in. You mentioned that AV Magearna helped against Tapu Lele but the combination of Ferrothorn, Mew and Tyranitar beats every Tapu Lele set. Ferrothorn fits very well with Mew. However, the lack of Magearna can take out Volt Switch support. The change also severely weakens the matchup against Hidden Power Fire Protean Greninja.

My last suggestion is to run Thunder Wave Rotom-W > Heatran. Rotom-W supplies
VoltSwitch support, which was lost by replacing AV Magearna. While Rotom is not the Pokémon that it was last gen, it has seen a little influx in popularity as it can be a good Pokémon to pivot in strong wallbreakers with, being a massive momentum generator. It can help the matchup against Pokémon such as Charizard-Mega-X and Hidden a Power Ground Volcarona. Rotom synergizes well with Tyranitar, as Tyranitar can trap and remove the Lati twins. It pressures opponents to go into their grasses, and allows Heracross to beat them. Thunder Wave can help to cripple Volcarona after living most of what Volcarona throws at it, and is an additional way to add speed control. Pain Split is another option to help against SD Scizor. You mention Heatran helps vs Mega Mawile, but the combination of Mew and Earthquake Tyranitar can deal with Mawile just fine. Magearna is not a huge issue as Ferrothorn + Tyranitar can easily beat SG CM Magearna and Mew + Ferrothorn will beat Fightinium Z in the long run. Still, Fairum Z sets are a pain. The loss of Heatran weakens the Tapu Lele Matchup. In addition, you rely solely on Mega Heracross and Tyranitar to deal with stall. Losing Heatran also sacrifices a super solid Mega Scizor check.
All in all, I tried to keep the goal of the team - pivoting into one of two of Tyranitar and Heracross, and gradually weaken the opponents team. With a cleaner in hand, the opponent can no longer mindlessly waste the hit points of their Landorus-T. However, I did make the team weaker to Pokémon such as Tyranitar, but my changes helped with everything else on the threat list, and on issues I saw myself.

Edit : forgot to add importable
Heracross @ Heracronite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Slide

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split / Thunder Wave

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp

Last edited:
Hey, nice team. The team uses a vastly underrated wallbreaker in Mega Medicham which basically blasts everything not named Unaware Clefable into pieces. In addition, Tyranitar gives an incredibly solid wallbreaking core with Heracross trapping Pokémon such as the Lati Twins. However, I noticed that the team does not have a form of speed control, where Heatran is the fastest Pokemon in the team. To add to this, offensive fires such as Heatran and Volcarona are threats in addition to wallbreakers like Kartana, and waters like a Greninja-Ash and Suicune. The team also lacks a solid Tapu Koko switchin, and rain offense utterly decimates the team. On top of this, Mega Pinsir is a massive threat to the team.

My first suggestion is to run Choice Scarf > Defensive Landorus-T. This gives the team a solid form of speed control and is no longer complete fodder for wallbreakers such as SD Kartana, CB Hoopa-U, Icium KyuB, and also helps vs Pokémon such as Mega Pinsir. Choice Scarf Landorus-T also appreciates Mega Heracross and CB Tyranitar weakening ground type Pokémon for Scarf Landorus-T. Choice Scarf Landorus-T still supplies U-Turn to Heracross, and does not give Greninja-Ash another opportunity to come in. On the set, Rock Slide is a more reliable move than Stone Edge, with a amazing 30% flinch chance. However, this does remove the Stealth Rock support in the team. In addition to that, the loss of defensive Landorus-T only weakens your Mega Charizard X matchup. In addition, defensive Landorus-T was a much solidder ground resist than Choice Scarf Landorus, forcing you to rely more on Mew.

My next recommendation is to run Rock Blast > Bullet Seed on Heracross, and Jolly > Adamant on Heracross. Rock Blast allows
Heracross to deal far more damage to Pokémon such as Latios and to Fire types such as the Charizards and even Pokémon such as Gengar. Heracross can beat Magic Guard Clefable, and you mentioned Bullet Seed is for Bulky Waters that threaten the team. However, Pin Missile can deal heavy damage to Suicune even behind a Subsitute, and Rock Blast severely weakens Tapu Fini. Jolly Heracross can outspeeds an unboosted Shift Gear Magearna, and anything that tries to creep it like Mew, while speed tying Jolly Tapu Bulu and outspending Adamant variants. This does comes at the cost of some considerable amount of power.

Now, we head into the major Pokémon changes. My first suggestion is to run SpD Ferrothorn > AV Magearna. Specially Defensive Ferrothorn is a little bit
solider check to Ash-Greninja, and water types in general. It is also better for Pokémon such as Tapu Koko. To top this off, Ferrothorn is far solidder for Mega Swampert than Magearna, helping the rain matchup by a decent chunk. Ferrothorn also gives you the much needed Stealth Rock support back. Maximum special defense allows Ferrothorn to check Magearna and Ash Greninja better, with Thunder Wave to improve speed control and catch Pokémon such as Volcarona on the switch in. You mentioned that AV Magearna helped against Tapu Lele but the combination of Ferrothorn, Mew and Tyranitar beats every Tapu Lele set. Ferrothorn fits very well with Mew. However, the lack of Magearna can take out Volt Switch support. The change also severely weakens the matchup against Hidden Power Fire Protean Greninja.

My last suggestion is to run Thunder Wave Rotom-W > Heatran. Rotom-W supplies
VoltSwitch support, which was lost by replacing AV Magearna. While Rotom is not the Pokémon that it was last gen, it has seen a little influx in popularity as it can be a good Pokémon to pivot in strong wallbreakers with, being a massive momentum generator. It can help the matchup against Pokémon such as Charizard-Mega-X and Hidden a Power Ground Volcarona. Thunder Wave can help to cripple Volcarona after living most of what Volcarona throws at it, and is an additional way to add speed control. Pain Split is another option to help against SD Scizor. You mention Heatran helps vs Mega Mawile, but the combination of Mew and Earthquake Tyranitar can deal with Mawile just fine. Magearna is not a huge issue as Ferrothorn + Tyranitar can easily beat SG CM Magearna and Mew + Ferrothorn will beat Fightinium Z in the long run. Still, Fairum Z sets are a pain. The loss of Heatran weakens the Tapu Lele Matchup. In addition, you rely solely on Mega Heracross and Tyranitar to deal with stall. Losing Heatran also sacrifices a super solid Mega Scizor check.

All in all, I tried to keep the goal of the team - pivoting into one of two of Tyranitar and Heracross, and gradually weaken the opponents team. With a cleaner in hand, the opponent can no longer mindlessly waste the hit points of their Landorus-T. However, I did make the team weaker to Pokémon such as Tyranitar, but my changes helped with everything else on the threat list, and on issues I saw myself.

Thanks for the team rate, i really appreciate it and will be sure to test it out :]

Reactions: vso

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)