Hardest Pokémon Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I apologize about my last thread. I didn't read all the rules right, so it went down harder than Talonflame in gen 7.
Anyways, I read the rules carefully this time, so it should be fine.

Pokémon battles throughout the main series were always very diverse, the battles were sometimes hilariously easy (rip falkner), but other times, they were extremely difficult. What were the toughest Pokémon battles in your opinion?

Please stay on track, respect other people's opinions, and have fun!

For me, it was probably Winona in Emerald. My Swampert was my only good Pokemon, and it only knew Water and Ground moves. More than half her team resists Water, and obviously all are immune to Ground. Drake was the second hardest for similar reasons (I was adamant on not changing Swampert's moves) but eventually I got fed up and caught Rayquaza to deal with him.

For me, elesa's bw team was a nightmare. I came in thinking I could sweep her with a ground type, sandile. It turned out that she just happened to have 2 emolgas that were immune to sandile's ground type moves. My servine got obliterated by aerial ace and my pidove...well let's just say pidove wasn't having such a great battle. I eventually won by catching a roggenrola and easily taking out the emolgas. From there, sandile was able to barely faint the zebstrika.

From my experience, the hardest battle in pokemon is probably against Lance in HGSS. My team lacked a strong electric type or any electric moves in general to kill Gyarados, nor did i have an Ice Beam/Blizzard spammer for the Dragonites. Combine this with the fact that my team was severely under leveled because i hadn't done any level grinding whatsoever, and i had a tough battle on my hands. Saved before the battle and it took me around 6 or 7 tries before i came up with a strategy that worked to beat him

Evice in Colosseum and Greevil in XD are utter ballaches of final bosses for completely different reasons.

Evice was a significant difficulty spike level wise from Nascour, and has an insanely good team and strategies for a final boss in a Pokemon game. He has stupid shit like SD Baton Pass Scizor, Dragon Dance Salamence, and Slaking with Skill Swap support, ffs. In a game where you have less than 60 possible options to use and none of them are as strong as half of Evice's team, and you'll almost certainly be underlevelled on top of that. It feels like a ROM hack final boss programmed into an official Pokémon game.

Greevil on the other hand is one of the worst designed bosses I've ever seen programmed into a video game:
"Let's make a villain who looks like the generic baldass Skylanders antagonist, give him an entire team of Shadow Pokemon, 3 of which are Legendaries with 3 catch rates, and 2 of the non Legendaries having recoil moves, force you to catch all of them in 1 sitting to win, and plop him immediately after you catch another Legendary with a 3 catch rate! And if you lose, you have to catch every Shadow Pokemon all over again, no matter how many you caught before! Brilliant!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)