SM OU Good Dogg Uses An Actual Dogg

Next Suspect?

• Total voters

Hey there!
So in PS my name is good dogg (hence snoops face over jake), so I thought I'd use an actual Dogg, Zygarde-10%. This team has been used but is still quite experimental, so any tips/advice from here will be much loved. Lets get right into this:

TEAMBUILDING:

So I started with Zygarde-10%, which was the whole purpose of this team. It is quite fast, and slap a band on it and it hits like a truck. Its not too good alone, however, so I decided to make a typical Dragon/Fairy/Steel core seen so often now. For those who don't know it is a really reliable core offensively as Fairy's weakness, Poison, is blocked by Steel, Dragons weakness, Dragon, is blocked by fairy and the other Dragon/Fairy weaknesses, Fairy, Steel and Ice are all resisted by steel. For this reason a bulky steel is usually run, but I wanted to play a twist on tradition so I add Kartana instead.

So I wanted this core to be very offensive, so I added the super-strong physical attacker Kartana and the f*cking piece of shit magical, mystical being Tapu Lele. Now I had a decent offensive core, so I decided to add a tank that i could switch in on many things, like Phero and Zard X.

Tapu Fini was the answer to my call for help, and it also gave me a great stallbreaker (with access to Taunt+ Nature's Madness) and a defogger along with a reliable switch in. It also made my team more balanced rather than extremely HO, which is generally how I like to build my teams. Now, though, I still had a very big weakness to Mega Pinsir/Mega Zards/Volcarona, so I needed to add a Rock type. I also needed a rock setter too.

After a long, boring debate over whether to use Mega Aerodactyl, Tyranitar or Nihilego, I chose Nihilego as it gave me a rock setter as well as the Rock coverage that I so desperately needed. Also, it gave me another thing to hit Faries with, and with HP Ice a Garchomp counter (If you slap on a sash/scarf). However, my team was quite weak to all ground types with no Ground immunity, and I lacked a mega. So in the end I chose...

Mega Charizard Y. In a debate over it and Lando T, I chose it as it gave me something to hit Grass/Steel types with, and it also gave me some special coverage for water types. The sun also helps defeat rain teams, as my team is quite slow with a lack of priority, and swift swim users destroy me. Overall I liked the team's look so I got to work making the sets.

THE TEAM:

Zygard
e-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

This is the standard set for any Zygarde-10%. Toxic is more of a filler move but can also help I guess. Thousand Arrows is an INCREDIBLE move and can often sweep close to entire teams. Outrage is just for some hard-hitting STAB, great for going against things like non scarf Garchomp, and Extreme Speed is on there to give me some speed control over things like Pheromosa or Greninja. Here are some calcs for thousand arrows to show just how good it is:
252 Atk Choice Band Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Rotom-Wash: 254-302 (83.8 - 99.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Choice Band Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Zapdos: 296-350 (77.2 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Choice Band Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Skarmory: 272-324 (81.4 - 97%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Tapu
Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu Lele is an incredible sweeper. It can easily clean up against anything late game but also can be used to get some mid-game kills. Set is pretty self-explanatory, HP Fire for those annoying Steels, and Psyshock for incredibly specially defensive tanks like Chansey. I don't really think that Psychic will be necessary as I have another hard-hitting STAB move in Moonblast for all of those Def tanks as well. I chose specs for the incredible damage they give, but I guess I could just as easily run scarf, to help with my lack of speedy attackers. Here are some calcs:
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 390-460 (60.7 - 71.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Toxapex: 320-378 (105.2 - 124.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 300-356 (85.2 - 101.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Scizor-Mega: 324-384 (94.4 - 111.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword

Kartana is very, very strong, with 181 base attack and a beast boost for more after every kill, this thing can sweep at any point in the game, and if they don't have a fast counter to this, can easily sweep a team. It took me a while to choose between Fightinium Z, Steelium Z and Grassium Z, but after doing a bit of testing with all of them I soon found that Fightinium Z was best as it allowed me to break heavy steel types the easiest. For the following calcs I will do it for a neutral Kartana, but often it will be at at least +1, maybe even more if a Swords Dance is set up.
252 Atk Kartana All-Out Pummeling (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 328-388 (93.1 - 110.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Kartana All-Out Pummeling (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Celesteela: 238-280 (59.7 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Rotom-Wash: 264-312 (87.1 - 102.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Tapu Fini: 284-336 (82.7 - 97.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 16 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness

Tapu Fini is a great tank, and also probably one of the best stallbreakers in the game. Misty Surge stops all hope of Status Stall, and taunt often forces stall mons to use their attacking moves, ruining them. Also, Natures Madness can severely lower tanky mons like Celesteela, putting them in range of Kartana's Z move. the EVs, however, are not so self-explanatory. It basically has enough bulk to tank a Heatran Bloom Doom nearly all of the time, whilst also completely walling nearly all physical mons. Also, with 180 Defense, it is never 1-shot by a Timid Kartana Leaf Blade .The following calcs are all defensive (obviously).
252 SpA Heatran Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 16+ SpD Tapu Fini: 296-350 (86.2 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 180 Def Tapu Fini: 176-208 (51.3 - 60.6%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Pheromosa Poison Jab vs. 248 HP / 180 Def Tapu Fini: 152-180 (44.3 - 52.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 248 HP / 180 Def Tapu Fini: 288-342 (83.9 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Nihilego @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

So Nihilego is usually my lead, the fact that it is very fast and quite offensive, along with the fact that it can always take a hit, means that it can be great for countering other common leads like Pheromosa or Landorus. However, if I think that rocks won't be necessary for the game (usually against HO teams), then I often save my Nihil for the late game, as with decent coverage and a lifeline, along with decent speed and an offence boost after every kill, this thing is great for cleaning up. CALCS TIME:
252 SpA Nihilego Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 312-368 (97.8 - 115.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO (Offensive)
252 SpA Nihilego Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Landorus-Therian: 304-360 (79.5 - 94.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (Defensive)
252 SpA Nihilego Power Gem vs. +2 0 HP / 4 SpD Volcarona: 252-300 (81 - 96.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (Even at +2 kills Volc)
252 SpA Nihilego Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Lele: 270-320 (96 - 113.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Finally, we come to Charizard Y. This mon is a monster of a sweeper, at any time of the game. Roost is for recovering rocks damage against stall mons that I know I will win against, like Fini or Ferro. Charizard is also my absolute 'f*ck you' to rain teams, with drought being awesome to stop swift swimmers destroying my team, and Solar Beam killing pretty much everything that they could throw at me. HP Ice is to improve my ability to sweep with this thing, as with it I can kill other threats like Salamence and, if it is locked into anything but Rock Slide/Stone Edge, Scarfed Garchomp. I run Flamethrower over Fire Blast on this guy as in the sun, Flamethrower is still very potent, and I also have no chance of missing. Some Calcs for you:
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 352-416 (98.3 - 116.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela in Sun: 368-434 (92.4 - 109%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Solar Beam vs. 248 HP / 64 SpD Pelipper: 187-220 (57.8 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Magearna in Sun: 306-360 (84.2 - 99.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
CONCLUSION:

Finally, I reach the end of what has been probably the best RMT/Team I've ever made. To make a quick threat list, I would say that the main threats to this team are:
  • Lack of Speedy Mons/Scarfers, can hurt quite badly when going against things that have set up eg. DD Lando T, Quiver dance Phero/Volcarona.
  • Extreme HO/ Extreme Stall: This team can only properly show its potential against Balanced Teams/Slight Stall/Bulky Offence.
  • Big weakness to Heatran.
If you have any more threats, please tell me but it would be more helpful if you could suggest counters to them yourselves. If you want to see more calcs let me know specifically which ones and I'll happily add them.
If you have ANY changes/suggestions for the team, please leave them down below. I will try out every one for sure.
Thank you all for reading and I'll leave you with an importable:
Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness

Nihilego @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

CHANGELOG:

>
:
Avidity found that my Steel core member, Kartana, wasn't quite making the cut (if you'll excuse the pun). With it being my Fairy switch in, and most Fairys are special attackers, its awful SpDef stat would just not do. Magearna, however, has impressive defensive stats, and good offensive stats, and so fits the slot nicely. See his comment for sets/calcs.
:
Focus Blast>Hidden Power [Fire]
Choice Scarf>Choice Specs

:
Focus Blast>Hidden Power [Ice]

Last edited:
Cool team. Zygarde-10% is a very good sleeper mon and I'm glad you've found success in using it. However, this team from preview has no real solid way of checking Tapu Lele nor does it possess relevant speed control which can prove to be detrimental in a tier where "fast" is base 120+. Additionally, the surprising weakness to Heatran is concerning as your switch-ins are essentially walled by it. Therefore I have come up with the following changes:

>

Reason: Kartana, whilst fulfilling your "to-do" list on finding a suitable core, doesn't actually benefit from the support given by Zygarde-10% nor does it actually live up to your desire of finding an appropriate switch in to Fairy, Ice, and Dragon type moves. The most common Fairy types are all special attackers which, when you look at Kartana's abysmal 31 SpDef, shows that Kartana is not really a valid switch in to any of those. Magearna on the other hand boasts impressive defensive stats and an impressive ability that pairs well with its base 130 Special Attack. In addition to this, it actually appreciates the support that Zygarde-10% provides by weakening or getting rid of threats such as Skarmory and Celesteela while weakening things that allow it to clean up later i.e. Landorus-T and Tapu Fini. The provided spread allows you to take two Choice Specs Psychics from Tapu Lele while still possessing enough Special Attack to pose a formidable threat in the mid-to-late game. You can run a multitude of items on Magearna however I prefer Fairium Z since a Twinkle Tackle can OHKO defensive Landorus-T. In terms of coverage options, you can choose between Aura Sphere, Thunderbolt and Hidden Power Fire respectively. The set has enough speed to outspeed Ash-Greninja after a Shift Gear which gives you a win condition much like Kartana did except Magearna is more versatile in what it can do for the team.

Focus Blast > Hidden Power Fire

>

Reason: As I have stated earlier, Heatran is a major threat that can prove to be a pain since your offensive core (aside from Zygarde-10%) has immense difficulty with breaking it. Therefore, running Focus Blast pressures Heatran and weakens it to the point where something like Nihilego or Mega Charizard can pick it off. This is preferred over Hidden Power Fire since Focus Blast still hits the same stuff Hidden Power Fire hits and you already possess a decent check to Mega Scizor being Mega Charizard. Running a Choice Scarf is also beneficial as it proves to be an effective means of speed control which checks the likes of Greninja, Tapu Koko, Mega Gyarados, and Pheromosa respectively; it checks Mega Pinsir sufficiently so provides counter play against a +2 Pinsir which before you didn't really have. Finally, a Scarfed set still pressures stall if used correctly - you may have to be more dependent on Tapu Fini to weaken things however once you have done that, Tapu Lele has a field day.

Focus Blast/Earthquake > Hidden Power Ice

Reason: Hidden Power Ice is undoubtedly a nice tech versus Garchomps however, the coverage is rather redundant when in comparison to the rest of your team. With Scarfed Tapu Lele, lure Nihilego, and Tapu Fini, Garchomp can be weakened to the point where it can no longer take two Flamethrowers; Garchomp doesn't appreciate a Flamethrower in the slightest so Hidden Power Ice is a wasted slot when you could be using either Focus Blast or Earthquake to threaten Pokémon like Heatran and Tyranitar. This change would further extend Charizard's wall-breaking potential and better support the team for a mid-to-late game clean up session with Magearna or Tapu Lele respectively thus not making the team so reliant on Zygarde-10% ploughing through your opponent's defensive backbone.

Relevant Calcs

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 184 HP / 0 SpD Magearna: 147-173 (42.3 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

188+ SpA Magearna Twinkle Tackle (195 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-Therian: 399-469 (104.7 - 123%) -- guaranteed OHKO

188+ SpA Magearna Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 212-252 (60.2 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 200-236 (56.8 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 248-294 (64.2 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 261-307 (40.6 - 47.8%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 288-340 (74.6 - 88%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

0- Atk Charizard-Mega-Y Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 256-304 (66.3 - 78.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp in Sun: 147-174 (41.1 - 48.7%) -- 12.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Import

Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 184 HP / 188 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shift Gear

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness

Nihilego @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Last edited:
Cool team. Zygarde-10% is a very good sleeper mon and I'm glad you've found success in using it. However, this team from preview has no real solid way of checking Tapu Lele nor does it possess relevant speed control which can prove to be detrimental in a tier where "fast" is base 120+. Additionally, the surprising weakness to Heatran is concerning as your switch-ins are essentially walled by it. Therefore I have come up with the following changes:

>

Reason: Kartana, whilst fulfilling your "to-do" list on finding a suitable core, doesn't actually benefit from the support given by Zygarde-10% nor does it actually live up to your desire of finding an appropriate switch in to Fairy, Ice, and Dragon type moves. The most common Fairy types are all special attackers which, when you look at Kartana's abysmal 31 SpDef, shows that Kartana is not really a valid switch in to any of those. Magearna on the other hand boasts impressive defensive stats and an impressive ability that pairs well with its base 130 Special Attack. In addition to this, it actually appreciates the support that Zygarde-10% provides by weakening or getting rid of threats such as Skarmory and Celesteela while weakening things that allow it to clean up later i.e. Landorus-T and Tapu Fini. The provided spread allows you to take two Choice Specs Psychics from Tapu Lele while still possessing enough Special Attack to pose a formidable threat in the mid-to-late game. You can run a multitude of items on Magearna however I prefer Fairium Z since a Twinkle Tackle can OHKO defensive Landorus-T. In terms of coverage options, you can choose between Aura Sphere, Thunderbolt and Hidden Power Fire respectively. The set has enough speed to outspeed Ash-Greninja after a Shift Gear which gives you a win condition much like Kartana did except Magearna is more versatile in what it can do for the team.

Focus Blast > Hidden Power Fire

>

Reason: As I have stated earlier, Heatran is a major threat that can prove to be a pain since your offensive core (aside from Zygarde-10%) has immense difficulty with breaking it. Therefore, running Focus Blast pressures Heatran and weakens it to the point where something like Nihilego or Mega Charizard can pick it off. This is preferred over Hidden Power Fire since Focus Blast still hits the same stuff Hidden Power Fire hits and you already possess a decent check to Mega Scizor being Mega Charizard. Running a Choice Scarf is also beneficial as it proves to be an effective means of speed control which checks the likes of Greninja, Tapu Koko, Mega Gyarados, and Pheromosa respectively; it checks Mega Pinsir sufficiently so provides counter play against a +2 Pinsir which before you didn't really have. Finally, a Scarfed set still pressures stall if used correctly - you may have to be more dependent on Tapu Fini to weaken things however once you have done that, Tapu Lele has a field day.

Focus Blast/Earthquake > Hidden Power Ice

Reason: Hidden Power Ice is undoubtedly a nice tech versus Garchomps however, the coverage is rather redundant when in comparison to the rest of your team. With Scarfed Tapu Lele, lure Nihilego, and Tapu Fini, Garchomp can be weakened to the point where it can no longer take two Flamethrowers; Garchomp doesn't appreciate a Flamethrower in the slightest so Hidden Power Ice is a wasted slot when you could be using either Focus Blast or Earthquake to threaten Pokémon like Heatran and Tyranitar. This change would further extend Charizard's wall-breaking potential and better support the team for a mid-to-late game clean up session with Magearna or Tapu Lele respectively thus not making the team so reliant on Zygarde-10% ploughing through your opponent's defensive backbone.

Relevant Calcs

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 184 HP / 0 SpD Magearna: 147-173 (42.3 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

188+ SpA Magearna Twinkle Tackle (195 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-Therian: 399-469 (104.7 - 123%) -- guaranteed OHKO

188+ SpA Magearna Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 212-252 (60.2 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 200-236 (56.8 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 248-294 (64.2 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 261-307 (40.6 - 47.8%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 288-340 (74.6 - 88%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

0- Atk Charizard-Mega-Y Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 256-304 (66.3 - 78.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp in Sun: 147-174 (41.1 - 48.7%) -- 12.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Import

Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 184 HP / 188 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shift Gear

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness

Nihilego @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost
Ty so very very much, when I get home I'll make these changes for sure. I'm very low ladder at the moment (1350-1400 ELO, with roughly 65% GXE (I know this is bad), so rates like this really help me)
EDIT: These changes worked so much better, will be adding a changelog section first thing tomorrow to support your changes.

Last edited:
Hey I'm back after a really long break, is this team (with the changes) still viable? If not how could it be made viable?

Hey cool idea running zygarde 10% but ontop of the weaknesses already picked out i see this team is also really weak to Tapu Koko and because tapu Fini is your only check to ash greninja and zygarde + Landorus you are also weak to those too. Tapu fini lacks sufficient recovery to take these Pokemon on alone.

• First i suggest using Ferrothorn > Kartana because you don't need another wallbreaker on this team with having 4 already. Ferrothorn checks ash greninja and koko. It can also set up spikes which helps the team a lot. Pressures stall with Knock Off as well as anything in general. It can also come in on Lele bar the HP Fire prediction.
  • Next i would advice using Landorus over Nihiligo because it is an answer to Zygarde and Excadrill. It gives your team momentum and still sets up SR. HP Ice is standard to deal with landorus and zygarde.
  • Next I think that volcarona and opposing charizard y are too threatening right now so i want to suggest using Scarf Keldeo > Tapu Lele. Keldeo is an offensive answer to heatran and can OHKO the later two. It also adds something that can act as a late game sweeper once zygarde and charizard wallbreak as it appreciates bulky grass and water types gone.
  • Finally i feel you should use focus blast over HP ice on charizard for heatran. This is up to you as keldeo can take it on.
Importable
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge
- Scald

That's all i have to suggest sorry for the lack of images I'm on my phone. I have technically made you a little weaker to koko with the addition of koko but double ground + ferrothorn easily checks it. Hope these changes help good luck :)

Hey cool idea running zygarde 10% but ontop of the weaknesses already picked out i see this team is also really weak to Tapu Koko and because tapu Fini is your only check to ash greninja and zygarde + Landorus you are also weak to those too. Tapu fini lacks sufficient recovery to take these Pokemon on alone.

• First i suggest using Ferrothorn > Kartana because you don't need another wallbreaker on this team with having 4 already. Ferrothorn checks ash greninja and koko. It can also set up spikes which helps the team a lot. Pressures stall with Knock Off as well as anything in general. It can also come in on Lele bar the HP Fire prediction.
  • Next i would advice using Landorus over Nihiligo because it is an answer to Zygarde and Excadrill. It gives your team momentum and still sets up SR. HP Ice is standard to deal with landorus and zygarde.
  • Next I think that volcarona and opposing charizard y are too threatening right now so i want to suggest using Scarf Keldeo > Tapu Lele. Keldeo is an offensive answer to heatran and can OHKO the later two. It also adds something that can act as a late game sweeper once zygarde and charizard wallbreak as it appreciates bulky grass and water types gone.
  • Finally i feel you should use focus blast over HP ice on charizard for heatran. This is up to you as keldeo can take it on.
Importable
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge
- Scald

That's all i have to suggest sorry for the lack of images I'm on my phone. I have technically made you a little weaker to koko with the addition of koko but double ground + ferrothorn easily checks it. Hope these changes help good luck :)
Thank you for your tips. I will definitely try these changes soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)