Golisopod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try to finish the Golisopod analysis as soon as possible, just trying to revise the Uxie analysis right now. Sorry.

[OVERVIEW]

• At first sight, Golisopod looks to be really good for RU.
  • Golisopod has great defense stats along with a decent attack stat.
  • It has access to spammable moves that have decent base power and some priority moves as well.
  • It also has the defenses to attempt to enter Spikes onto your opponent's field, while making Espeon discouraged from switching it against it.
  • However, Golisopod's advantages are mostly overshadowed by its signature ability, Emergency Exit, which forces your Golisopod out of the field when at 50% or less.
  • The bug Pokemon's ability can be manipulated by the opponent so that it faces severe consequences, such as having a chunk of its HP taken down from entry hazards and being forced out from Toxic.
  • It's also forced to only be able to rely on Leech Life as its only semi-reliable recovery, setting more problems to it.

[SET]
name: Defensive Spikes
move 1: First Impression
move 2: Liquidation/Aqua Jet
move 3: Leech Life/Toxic
move 4: Spikes
item: Leftovers
ability: Emergency Exit
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP/ 172 Def / 88 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
  • First Impression is a reason to use Golisopod, as it has +2 priority while doing some serious damage to unprepared Pokemon.
  • Liquidation can be used repeatably as its main STAB move. Aqua Jet is an alternate option for it, since +1 priority can bypass the low speed.
  • Leech Life is the only somewhat reliable recovery Golisopod has, if it's facing against a Pokemon with disadvantages against it.
  • Toxic cripples stall Pokemon such as Milotic, Chesnaught, and Gligar.
  • Golisopod can also carry Spikes out to the opposing field, having the defense stats to do so.

Set Details
========
  • The 252 HP and 172 Def. EVs, along with the Impish nature, helps Golisopod to tank through physical attacks longer without being forced out right away to it's ability.
  • Leftovers restores some HP to help Golisopod last longer before it's HP drops below 51%.
  • 88 speed allows it to outspeed base 50 uninvested speed Pokemon like Donphan and Registeel.
  • Golisopod is forced to have Emergency Exit as its ability, making it become a set back to its roles.
Usage Tips
========

• Try to clear out entry hazards from your field. Otherwise, not only would it take serious damage from them, it would be forced out quicker.

Team Options
========

Describe some teammates that would be a good idea to pair with this Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

List some options for the Pokemon user that are plausible but not always recommended due to either being not consistent enough or too outclassed by other Pokemon in the metagame.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

Last edited:
You should could a more offensive set with life orb, as it gives you good momentum after getting knocked into emergency exit after you already attacked so something can eat a hit and in some cases volt switch / u turn back into it to take down a threat with it's many priority moves. This is just a set I use personally.

Golisopod @ Life Orb
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Sucker Punch

For this set if it is going to be used you can also talk about more speed evs like the one you have for pretty much the same reason. This is just to creep up on opposing base 40s, specifically uninvested rhypherior

For your defensive one the set name should be something more simple like "Defensive spikes" or just "spikes". For your defensive set I feel like you can elaborate more on "set details" more on some descriptions like toxic, just say something like "bulkier pokemon" instead of "stall pokemon" Also you should talk about its rather mediocre special defense stat or how special hits may be able to cripple it. I hope I gave you useful advice since I never really posted in this forum before. I know you generally shouldn't write in W.I.P stage posts since you probably have more to write but this is just a small bit for now.
Edit: It also wouldn't hurt to add diancie in the base 50s it outspeeds with your speed spread.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
qc reject

I have decided to go ahead and reject this since i don't want to waste your time. Here is why:

golisopod doesn't have the typing (in turn, doesn't check anything relevant very well) or frankly, usefulness, to pull off a defensive set effectively. Its only somewhat viable -- seeing as how it is so low on vr for a reason -- set would be offensive
you don't seem to demonstrate the knowledge of a) the metagame or b) golisopod itself. you fail to demonstrate any relevant metagame bar the obvious: its subpar ability, stats, etc. and fail to mention anything it actually would hypothetically check (or spike up against reliably)

:pirate:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Reassigning this due to the rejection. Don't be discouraged to write more analyses however, use this as a learning opportunity :)

If you have any concerns feel free to PM me or slurmz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)