Gameciel (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 232 HP / 148 Atk / 36 Def / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Tyranitar’s EV Spread is 1 less than 400 HP at Level 100, for Leech Seed, Spikes, & Burn. It’s not good to start your spread from this, as the real reason behind this and 36 Defense EVs is to survive one hit from Infernape so I can T-Wave it, making it more manageable for the rest of my team. Life Orb Infernape with both Fake Out and Close Combat can still take Tyranitar out. Speed will outrun Base 115 after T-Wave. My question for my lead is that since I run this kind of utility set, should I go for paraflinch with T-Wave and Rock Slide? Would be accurate, too. I can’t decrease the ATK EVs because it’s to help Pursuit KO switching Starmie and Latias.
The “All-Purpose” Tyranitar had Fire Blast on it, but in all the games I had never used it or could have gotten the same outcome from Stealth Rock. You can’t use it as your first move against Metagross as it can Meteor Mash you harder than you can Fire Blast it, and against Skarmory, you have a window to SR or T-Wave it, so what’s the point of Fire Blast?
92 Spe outpaces the default EVs of the all-purpose Tyranitar set.

(Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Jirachi simply has my favorite set for it. People are unprepared for it. It doesn’t fit on just any team. The default SUPERACHI set has Max Speed on it, but I’ve never needed max speed unless contending with another SUPERACHI, as other Jirachi I face often have more slow defensive spreads. What’s the minimum SpA I need to run if I want to run at least 140 SpA? I mean for meaningful KOs?

Quaking Mirror (Gyarados) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Gyarados was inspired by the battles/video where a tournament player did the greatest ragequit of all time in this game’s history, as documented by freezai on YouTube. It has both a Lum Berry and Taunt. Both moves are highly unexpected and help me get an extra kill off until I perish to my own Sandstorm. Lum Berry also makes it so I never have to worry about the Jirachi or Togekiss matchup. I tried to play with Ice Fang, but it didn’t help me as much as a solitary Ice Punch on my Machamp. Sometimes it wins me stuff I had anyway because it flinches stuff when I don’t have to ask.

Tag Force Special (Latias) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Trick

Latias is a pre-made set. In theory it can be very useful one day against a stall team by Tricking something. Until then, Choice Specs in place of the banned Soul Dew has been great for me selecting how much intensity should be behind my Dragon-type attacks. This Pokemon generally has the highest damage output in any of my battles without boosts.

Crystal Clear Wing (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Crystal Clear Wing Synchro Dragon is the fullest form of Clear Wing, a generic monster anyone has and doesn't use in Yu-Gi-Oh. I use a default EV spread. Fantastic to set up Spikes and wall things that would otherwise sweep me. Also the reason why Scizor isn’t as much of a quicksilver’d Bullet Punch as it often is.

Borrelsword (Machamp) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dynamic Punch
- Payback
- Ice Punch

Machamp is here to deal with the versatility of opposing Tyranitar while being able to get one big hit off on Zapdos, Flygon, and take one hit from Infernape, which are hard to play against. It doesn’t help against Starmie, which remains a concern since I removed the recommended Passho Berry from Tyranitar. Substitute has only one purpose and it’s to use if I suspect Rotom on the opposing side. Only reason I didn’t add Bullet Punch is that it does so little to Starmie.
Speed EVs are default. Should they be changed?

Threats:
Starmie is a threat in that it outspeeds every Pokemon on my team and either hits many super effectively, or just Rapid Spins and runs away until it can return to threaten me again. One of the few ways I have to outplay it is to set up the CM Jirachi so I can endure hits better. Other way is ro hack the game and get AV Machamp. One of the questions I have is that since I barely use HP Ground on Jirachi, can I repurpose Jirachi in some way to make the team more viable?
Also, in theory I could have problems playing around the combo of Hippowdon + Rapid Spin / BoltBeam / Hydro Pump Starmie. So I feel it’s not as simple as just slapping Thunder or Trick Room on the Jirachi and believing that hippos don’t exist.

Steel trap plus Rotom-H or unique Latias is a great way to eliminate the major defense in my team. The reason it works so well (and doesn’t if it’s Magnezone by itself) is that Machamp cannot hit Rotom-H that switches in, and Payback’s power is only 50 while getting burned. Guts Machamp doesn’t solve the problem as when it’s opposing Latias switching in I’d want to confuse them with No Guard.

Jeong

Banned deucer.
I don't really know what problems Rotom can cause, so I would try Lum Machamp lead. I think that, apart from absorbing WoW, you can take the initiative, since it is a lead that usually goes well vs the majority and some teams are not very prepared for it. He can also work vs Sash/Scarf Spore loom/Roserade. The luck factor with DPunch can help.

I like Gyara's set. SpD or Def Skarm is being used a lot with Counter, so DD + Taunt is a great matchup that can surprise and wipe out entire teams. Just one thing, doesn't Leftovers > Lum rent better? For the damage of SR + Ttar Sandstorm. It is a recovery method that can be useful, especially accompanied by Intimidate.

If at any time you feel pressured vs Spore loom (no lead) you can consider STalk in Latias by DPulse.

If Hippowdon gives you problems, can you try a swap for GKnot + Shuca Berry? I don't know if it's the best combination, but it can help you vs pert too.

TWave in ttar is not usually seen much, at least in DPP OU. It is original because it can attract threats and surprise by paralyzing, since it is something that is not expected. Normally, it has other functions. Hm, perhaps it is the most difficult/delicate change I propose. Well, it's just an idea. You can try Crunch > Twave while keeping Chople or even Custap Berry.

I don't really know what problems Rotom can cause, so I would try Lum Machamp lead. I think that, apart from absorbing WoW, you can take the initiative, since it is a lead that usually goes well vs the majority and some teams are not very prepared for it. He can also work vs Sash/Scarf Spore loom/Roserade. The luck factor with DPunch can help.

I like Gyara's set. SpD or Def Skarm is being used a lot with Counter, so DD + Taunt is a great matchup that can surprise and wipe out entire teams. Just one thing, doesn't Leftovers > Lum rent better? For the damage of SR + Ttar Sandstorm. It is a recovery method that can be useful, especially accompanied by Intimidate.

If at any time you feel pressured vs Spore loom (no lead) you can consider STalk in Latias by DPulse.

If Hippowdon gives you problems, can you try a swap for GKnot + Shuca Berry? I don't know if it's the best combination, but it can help you vs pert too.

TWave in ttar is not usually seen much, at least in DPP OU. It is original because it can attract threats and surprise by paralyzing, since it is something that is not expected. Normally, it has other functions. Hm, perhaps it is the most difficult/delicate change I propose. Well, it's just an idea. You can try Crunch > Twave while keeping Chople or even Custap Berry.
I changed Machamp's Leftovers to Lum, and because I did that, I deleted Substitute for Bullet Punch. I have never faced Rotom as a lead so I am hesitant to put it up front.
Because I complain so much about Starmie and Rotom, I instead changed the legendary Gyarados set from the ragequit video into Wacan Berry.

Edit: I also gave tyranitar focus sash. If I get Fake'd Out no Chople Berry is keeping me alive anyway.

Jeong

Banned deucer.
I changed Machamp's Leftovers to Lum, and because I did that, I deleted Substitute for Bullet Punch. I have never faced Rotom as a lead so I am hesitant to put it up front.
Because I complain so much about Starmie and Rotom, I instead changed the legendary Gyarados set from the ragequit video into Wacan Berry.

Edit: I also gave tyranitar focus sash. If I get Fake'd Out no Chople Berry is keeping me alive anyway.
I don't know if you're aware, and I say this because it seems like you care a lot about Nape. With those EVs in tart you can fit Fake Out + CC. Even the LO nape mix. Knowing this, maybe EQ - SPower would go well. It can also help you vs FBlast Gengar thanks to Chople Berry.

Oh, about the other... it has nothing to do with it. If you use Lum Machamp lead, and the opponent is carrying Empo / Ttar or Aboma, they will likely switch to Rotom. This way, you can fearlessly absorb a WoW and hit with Payback. Additionally, if Rotom has no Speed EVs, you will be faster by one point. Anyway, I'm just trying to help by contributing even a little.

Last edited:
I don't know if you're aware, and I say this because it seems like you care a lot about Nape. With those EVs in tart you can fit Fake Out + CC. Even the LO nape mix. Knowing this, maybe EQ - SPower would go well. It can also help you vs FBlast Gengar thanks to Chople Berry.

Oh, about the other... it has nothing to do with it. If you use Lum Machamp lead, and the opponent is carrying Empo / Ttar or Aboma, they will likely switch to Rotom. This way, you can fearlessly absorb a WoW and hit with Payback. Additionally, if Rotom has no Speed EVs, you will be faster by one point. Anyway, I'm just trying to help by contributing even a little.
According to the damagecalc I cannot fit in Fake Out plus CC nape on my Tyranitar Not unless I make it Impish which would cost me a lot of offense.

Also, my usage of Wacan Berry on Gyarados was futile it just dies to Electric-type attacks after SR anyway. If it's gonna be this bad should I just use Kingdra? I never do Intimidate shuffling.

Edit: Since I'm using Focus Sash Ttar, I dropped some HP and Def and added Atk and SpDef. It works

Jeong

Banned deucer.
Gyarados is normal being weak x4 to the electric type. Hm, you could try something with RSpin with good synergy with Gyara like •
or
<---
. Also good to Latias.

I think a switch to Kingdra wouldn't make much sense, since Gyara covers better. And he's not bad mon, he just needs some support.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Atk / 68 Def
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Assurance
- Ice Shard

• Donphan can help you vs Lucario / gross thanks to EQ. Also DD ttar which can be a threat. Apparently, with 188 EVs in atk you can eliminate Rotom Scarf forms with Assurance + SR damage. There are more options here, like Protect which, in addition to working as a recovery method, you can see what your opponent will use, especially if it is choice. 44 Speed is a good option if you want to outperform Bliss Ice Beam. You can even make it more defensive to take some hits better. I don't think it hurts to know, but with 84 EVs in SpD you can fit CM cune's Surf. This is a bit crazy, since the offensive one is used more with HPump.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Payback
- Protect

Payback is a primary option, if you want to surprise Rotom / Gengar or even pressure Starmie. Also, seeing that you carry ttar, Rotom can eliminate Forretress after 4 TBolt in sand. Protect is basically to recover a little with Leftovers and see what your opponent will use. Being SpD you can take special damage better and get results.

I have put the Smogon Dex sets, but if you consider it you can change whatever you want.
For my part, I doubt I can contribute anything more. Still, I hope I can have helped, even if just a little. I have limited knowledge.

Last edited:
Hi! I wanted to give some advice for this team as I think the idea of the team of the team is alright, just nailing down some teamslots and sets. I think the big issue here is skarmory isnt well supported at all and should be replaced and I think you care way too much about infernape, a pretty uncommon mon (although its always everywhere on ladder) that you have two of the best offensive checks to in Gyarados and Latias.

This structure is a pretty common one and its a good one imo (lead fast rachi tar machamp gyara scarf lati). To reach this, I would make your latias scarf.

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Healing Wish

This would help you out a lot with general revenge killing, healing wish your gyara/champ/rachi back, and is the best in that slot.

I would then recommend moving tar back and then replacing Skarmory. Taunt + DDGyara is a good mon, but really should have leftovers if you aren't leading with it and it would appreciate some support removing what it no longer has the coverage for, mainly breloom and latias (i would recommend bounce or stone edge or return with it. You do an ok job with Latias with your Tar (although i really would recommend a different set). But your team doesn't cover Breloom very well, especially if you replace latias for scarf and skarmory. One recommendation is to use Lum Berry on Jirachi to give you another out vs Spore, or you could move gyara up to lead and replace skarm with something like Gengar. You could also just try to outoffense it and lead a more offensive lead like Empoleon, which could open up your gyara/empoleon.

Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)