Gen 7 Gen 7 Rain team (Ubers)

Essentialy, This Team was made for a sepperate platform from showdown (I still built the team on showdown however) that does not have some specific mons in it so I had to build aorund that, I did some research and came to this team. I highy doubt this is the best it can be, any advice would be very much appreciated.

pelipper.gif

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Defog

Fairly Self Explanitory, U-turn and roost to help increace survivability, Hurricane to threaten grass type switches, Defog to counter Terrain.

ferrothorn.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rocks
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball
- Knock Off

Ferrothorn is a great asset in rain teams with his insane survivability, he aso is just a cool metal acorn thingy. I'm using leftovers rather than Chople Berrys because they aren't available for use in the alternative platform I mentioned. The reason I'm using Stealth Rocks over spikes is that Basically nobody uses Boots in this alternative platform, and there are a surplus of people running mons that are highly threatened by stealth rocks, like Charizard for example. I use Thunder wave because I found myslef in a lot of scenarios where even though Ferrothron was highly threatened he was able to stay in for atleast a singular turn, so I want to maximize that by crippling their mon before either switching out or simpy letting the poor guy die so that my mons can come in without letting my opponent get a free hit, I doubt I'll be using it if I intend to keep ferrothorn in.

swampert-mega.gif

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Mega Swampert is absolutely nuts, completely sweeps when properly setup, Also a go-to switch, as he has a decent tanking capability and followup. As far as moves go: Waterfall for STAB, Earthquake also for STAB, Ice punch to, primarilly, threatan both Grass, and Dragon Types, and Power-Up Punch to counter ferrothorn stall which is usually the bane of rain teams

kingdra.gif

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Clear Smog

Kingdra seemed like the best substitute for Barraskewda with it's own benefits for usage, namely, STAB dragon attack as well as being able to use hurricane. I chose clear smog to counter setup teams and give kingdra access to a poison type move.

volcarona.gif

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

While I was doing some research I came acrost a video (
) that explained that volcorona has the capability to counter most counters to rain teams hence the Bug Buzz and Psychic, and if by some chance rain is not set and you need to out a grass type without putting your setters at risk of being killed after setting up the rain, you can instead, first flamethrower and then swap.

thundurus-therian.gif

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Nasty Plot
- Rain Dance
- Dark Pulse

Tapu-koko is not available in the specific platform I will be using, as such i decided to use therian thundurus, as it is an excelent swap against both electric, fighting and grass type mons or mons using moves of those types. Thundurus is also my Thunder user. Along with Thunder, I have them as a rain dance setter. I have thundurus as a rain dance setter, because of his typing and also because I didn't have a 4th move I specifically wanted him to use. I also have nasty plot as a setup for when i switch in against a thunder type so that I can nasty plot when I'm very sure they will swap next turn or am sure they cannot threatan me even if they stay in. As I mentioned before Boots are unavailable in the platform I'm using so I'm choosing to use a damp rock in it's stead.

Attachments

This seems like a 100% OU team to me. Why is this listed under Ubers? Should I rate it as an OU team?
The reson I have the list at Ubers is because there are no format segregations in the platform I am using this team on, so there will be Uber threats, such as Shaymin-S for example. However, any recomendations, OU and/or Ubers will be much appreciated

Essentialy, This Team was made for a sepperate platform from showdown (I still built the team on showdown however) that does not have some specific mons in it so I had to build aorund that, I did some research and came to this team. I highy doubt this is the best it can be, any advice would be very much appreciated.

View attachment 548530
Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Defog

Fairly Self Explanitory, U-turn and roost to help increace survivability, Hurricane to threaten grass type switches, Defog to counter Terrain.

View attachment 548531
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rocks
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball
- Knock Off

Ferrothorn is a great asset in rain teams with his insane survivability, he aso is just a cool metal acorn thingy. I'm using leftovers rather than Chople Berrys because they aren't available for use in the alternative platform I mentioned. The reason I'm using Stealth Rocks over spikes is that Basically nobody uses Boots in this alternative platform, and there are a surplus of people running mons that are highly threatened by stealth rocks, like Charizard for example. I use Thunder wave because I found myslef in a lot of scenarios where even though Ferrothron was highly threatened he was able to stay in for atleast a singular turn, so I want to maximize that by crippling their mon before either switching out or simpy letting the poor guy die so that my mons can come in without letting my opponent get a free hit, I doubt I'll be using it if I intend to keep ferrothorn in.

View attachment 548532
Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Mega Swampert is absolutely nuts, completely sweeps when properly setup, Also a go-to switch, as he has a decent tanking capability and followup. As far as moves go: Waterfall for STAB, Earthquake also for STAB, Ice punch to, primarilly, threatan both Grass, and Dragon Types, and Power-Up Punch to counter ferrothorn stall which is usually the bane of rain teams

View attachment 548533
Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Clear Smog

Kingdra seemed like the best substitute for Barraskewda with it's own benefits for usage, namely, STAB dragon attack as well as being able to use hurricane. I chose clear smog to counter setup teams and give kingdra access to a poison type move.

View attachment 548536
Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

While I was doing some research I came acrost a video (
) that explained that volcorona has the capability to counter most counters to rain teams hence the Bug Buzz and Psychic, and if by some chance rain is not set and you need to out a grass type without putting your setters at risk of being killed after setting up the rain, you can instead, first flamethrower and then swap.

View attachment 548537
Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Nasty Plot
- Rain Dance
- Dark Pulse

Tapu-koko is not available in the specific platform I will be using, as such i decided to use therian thundurus, as it is an excelent swap against both electric, fighting and grass type mons or mons using moves of those types. Thundurus is also my Thunder user. Along with Thunder, I have them as a rain dance setter. I have thundurus as a rain dance setter, because of his typing and also because I didn't have a 4th move I specifically wanted him to use. I also have nasty plot as a setup for when i switch in against a thunder type so that I can nasty plot when I'm very sure they will swap next turn or am sure they cannot threatan me even if they stay in. As I mentioned before Boots are unavailable in the platform I'm using so I'm choosing to use a damp rock in it's stead.
Funny because this is just an ou team lol

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
The reson I have the list at Ubers is because there are no format segregations in the platform I am using this team on, so there will be Uber threats, such as Shaymin-S for example. However, any recomendations, OU and/or Ubers will be much appreciated
If ubers threats are present in the format, this team is not going to perform well. This team doesn't have any way of handling most of the common ubers threats(Primal Groudon,Primal Kyogre, Xerneas etc.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)