Gen 6 Gen 6 OU RMT

So, I am quite new to this so ANY and ALL feedback is appreciated!

1514365264452.png
1514365319324.png
1514365348441.png
1514365366223.png
1514365433671.png
1514416644188.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1514365499995.png

Skarmory @ Leftovers (Physical Wall and Lead)
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Skarmory felt like a great option - Great support/leading movepool, stellar defense, insane defensive typing, etc. Stealth Rock is always the leading move here and with Sturdy it able to always get it off. Whirlwind is great for when opponents try to set up on walls (as they usually do). Brave Bird is so Skarmory has a damaging move, does alot of damage, is STAB, and HP can be easily recovered with the final move Roost.

1514365319324.png

Salamence @ Life Orb (Physical Sweeper)
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Salamence is one of my personal favourite physical sweepers. He is access to an insane coverage movepool and suffers a bit from 4MS. I decided to put Dragon Dance on him in order to synergise with Moxie, for increased sweeping ability, and thanks to his decent natural defensive stats, is usually able to survive at least one non-ice attack. Fire Blast is there in case of foes such as ferrothorn and forretress, and other defensive walls that are weak to fire, with which will be an easy OHKO. Outrage is for a STAB move despite the risky lock-in on use, can usually deal with anything that Fire Blast or Earthquake can't. Earthquake is for coverage.

1514365525510.png

Gengar @ Choice Specs (Special Sweeper)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Gengar is another member of my team that I would consider swapping out for someone with possibly a little more bulk. Energy Ball is for coverage. Focus Blast is for challenging common walls and dealing with Tyranitar. Shadow Ball is for STAB. Thunderbolt is for coverage also.

1514365538018.png

Starmie @ Life Orb (Special Sweeper)
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin

Starmie seems to be a great choice, and the reason I was looking at another option for a special sweeper other than Gengar is because it would leave both of my Special Sweepers highly vulnerable to Dark. Hydro Pump is great for STAB and can usually OHKO anything that switches in thanks to Analytic. Ice Beam is for Coverage. Psychic is for a STAB and is great for taking out the fighting types that pose a threat to TTar. Rapid Spin for dealing with entry hazards.

1514365546821.png

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite (Physical Sweeper)
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Tyranitar is an absolute beast, apart from his major weakness to Fighting. Dragon Dance is to setup for huge hits whilst soaking up damage with TTar's great natural bulk (especially thanks to the Sandstorm). Crunch for the STAB. Stone Edge for the STAB also. Ice Punch covers most of TTar's weaknesses apart from maybe fighting so it works well for coverage.

1514416649413.png

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest (Special Wall)
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Right now, I can't really think of a better option for a special wall than Tangrowth. Excellent bulk, works well with AV, the list goes on. I have multiple checks for its weaknesses among the rest of my team so all works out well. Knock Off is to cripple the enemy team early game by taking away items (obviously). Leaf Storm is for a strong STAB against formidable opponents such as Gyarados or Garchomp. Earthquake is for a decent coverage move. Hidden Power [Fire] has nice coverage and helps to take out opponents like Ferrothorn that Tangrowth would otherwise be completely walled by.

Thanks for reading! Once again, all feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
Without thinking about It Too much nor testing theteam:

Use gengar with Life orb, no need for energy ball and tbolt as the coverage of those is redundant, just replace them for sludge wave and taunt/willo

If u want a special water replace starmie with specs keldeo so u wont be that weak to dark

Also if gengar is gone clef gets pretty troublesome so taunt heatran over skarm could work, also helps as a talonflame check (could even consider running stone edge) while still setting Up rocks

Finally, a scarfer could be nice, maybe salamence replacing DD with iron tail or outrage. Evn kyurem b is an option so landó wont get Too much of an issue. Still no hazard remover, so scarf latios could also do the job here while revenge killing stuff like loppuny wich is also pretty much a problem for the team since i replaced skarm xD

Hey ! i like how you're taking this step to up your game, it takes a bit of courage to put your teams out there to be dissected and all, you know?

i think you should stop looking at teams the way you are now (Lead, physical/special sweepers, physical/special walls) but rather as a team of pokemon that can achieve a certain purpose, you may be missing a lead, or a special sweeper, etc, but if your team covers the major threats of the tier and has its own ways to win, then that's all you want.

1. changing gengar to nasty plot trick room cofagrigus seems like a good way to go, giving you something that can sponge hits from prominent physical attackers as well as a niche way to sweep, also being a spinblocker, which makes it a great ghost type replacement for gengar.
2. your tyranitar being jolly is helpful to you, but you may not know why. The reason being you're super weak to tornadus-t, thus outspeeding it after a +1 is a great advantage, since it just seems to snowball through your team
3. Bulky skarmie is the way to go, you need something to be the first switch in to keldeo, which seems to be a threat to your team once tangrowth is burned and it can spam focus blasts. (Bulky starmie runs 252hp, 4 spa, and 252 speed timid) with scald recover spin + filler (toxic, twave, psyshock)
4. I suggest switching up your salamence to a defensive garchomp to patch up your slight metagross weakness, and relying on your cofagrigus + tyranitar to clean up instead.

the team after being edited and all :
https://pokepast.es/5d15240933569018
(note that if there is a keldeo against you, you'll want to weaken it drastically first before attempting to finish the match with ttar, or making cofagrigus your plan to sweep through his team, that and you can hazard stack to win as well, just dancing around his plays to make sure he's chipped really hard with the hazards)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)