Fulgrate Art thread.

True, can't wait to work on him, at least, I hope I'll be able to. Once this game is done, the only way to have time to work on #2 is by funding. Hopefully, I get revenue from this game to be able to fund Rayburst 2's development. I'm going multiplatform to increase those chances. Even though this game is meant for desktop and played with a controller, I have to make it compatible with smartphone touchscreens to release on those platforms, in order to get profit from every possible place I can.

Anyways, screenshots and vids:

Ritrika's Fata Morgana, notice that after she gets defeated, on the second try she uses it right, lol.

Ritrika's flight is smooth now, her standing animation no longer shakes as well.

Pif's new move, psy-manipulated, variable energy beams. Has the potential to be broken if it wasn't for the fact that she needs to constantly recharge her power for this move to be as powerful as it is.

Grafto new gameplay, testing out the new way his boost works. His boost system is named "Full Throttle", he totally depends on "quickboost" type propulsion to move fast. Removed his "slow" booster. Think of it as an AC with only quickboost equipped and no boosters, lol. The attack in use is mostly his non-ultimate drill blade.

Screenshots, although I should have taken high-res versions = _=.

The game controls.

Another ink drawing of the characters that will be in the sequel.

Last edited:
Adding two more bosses to the game, for a total of three.

They are "evovled" forms of two regular enemies, the SideWinder and the Salamandra, or better to say they look more like the original form, and the soldier forms are weaker, "mass production" versions. In either case, and as you can see in the image, they are far larger than regular dragons, allowing them to have boss status. Work in Progress, I gotta finish their wings.

I have no idea which to pick:

If there was a Dragon/Fighting Pokemon, if it got Close Combat/Outrage it would be a tank breaker, or perhaps technician with Dual Chop and Mach Punch would be more suitable.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sick. Loving all the small details, like the nicks on his wing edges and the scratches on its armor. I'd say the spiky features work better on his gauntlets and less around his neck and shoulders, so consider adding something else around the base of its neck to tie the spikes together.

Thank you, Bummer. The Spikes around the next was a flaw I should have fixed before finalization, lol. It probably be hard for him to move his next around without poking himself{they are flexible at the base, but I probably should have removed it and left it at the gauntlets as you said.} He looks like he would have a high based attack, and be able to use Outrage and Close Combat with STAB on both.

Trying to come up with a new piece to illustrate to that level, right now, it might be this dragon, but I might come up with another dragon design before I take it to finalization.

Anyways, new gryphon design, had to make a definitive reference pic so I don't mess up when drawing him from other angles. I think he's at the level of his dragon rival now, design-wise. I need to play around with the blue a bit, maybe sky blue next time.

New gryphon.

New Dragon.

VS

Failed gryphon design
http://i.imgur.com/MVDrU8c.jpg

Anyway, wanted to see how I'd do with a diffrent sprite style, but it takes longer than what I used for the game.

I probably won't sprite the rest of it, but it's for a fighting game. Spriting retro style is too tough.

Reactions: nv

Some bench testing of my new tablet, which I hadn't done seriously since I got it months ago. I think I found the best setting for comics,and the most optimal setting for line art meant for illustrations.

If this character was a mon, she'd have moves like counter and magic coat{that's the special version of counter?}, as well as less power. Alternate moves would be barrier, reflect, and any move that involves reflecting stuff due to the theme of the shield shell. She'd probably be a water type since her design motif is based on a kappa/is a kappa.

Tried my hand out in 3D, in order of how much knowledge I had at the time.

By the time I got to the fairy, I already knew enough to make something as intricate as her, but I know I can do better from this point out. Besides, her model shape is a bit off reference, but at the same time, that style is pretty good all on its own.

Last edited:
I made Ritrika from scratch, gave her a new costume, it's basically the 5th costume she's had since her initial debut. I used reference I had to get her height and ratio right. Her new outfit reflects her fighting style better.

Phreit Nor, Unmasked. Plus a new suit design. Trying to figure out the colors still, or if I should stick with the old color scheme. Another alternative is to add a little red, possibly for his hat, since his skin is blue.

Anyways, finished Grafto, and gave Pif a better presentation, that last pic of her in the post above looks like a horror doll, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)