Gen 4 Froslass Lead with a side of Setup Sweepers.

Hey guys. Looking to get into Gen 4 Ubers and I want some decent advice on where exactly to take this team. First things first...

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spikes
- Icy Wind
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Froslass is the titular lead of this team with Spikes. Icy Wind's job is to neuter the speed stat of the nigh-omnipresent Deoxys-S lead and likely put it in K.O range of Shadow Ball. Icy Wind also turns a potential Lead Rayquaza into a fine green mist. (Froslass also outspeeds Rayquaza and is immune to Extreme Speed, ensuring that it doesn't lose the MU 99.99% of the time.) The previously mentioned Shadow Ball is also poses a significant threat to Lead Mew. HP Fire occupies the fourth move slot to deal with the not-uncommon Forretress, as well as Scizor.

Dialga @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 144 Atk / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Brick Break
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Popular anti-leads like Tyranitar, Darkrai, and Shaymin-S throw a wrench in Froslass's gameplan, so Mixed Dialga enters the fray to cleanly beat those threats through the use of Brick Break for TTar and Darkrai and Fire Blast for Shaymin-S. Draco Meteor is obligatory. Dialga also complements Froslass's Spikes with its own Stealth Rock to create strong hazard-stacking.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Thunder
- Sleep Talk

The main purpose of Sleep Talk Kyogre is to annoy Darkrai if it tries to Dark Void, an option that would otherwise beat both Froslass and Dialga. Kyogre is also just an all-around monster, and plays a role as a potent wallbreaker against much of the metagame.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 84 HP / 216 SpA / 96 SpD / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Giratina-O is another great wallbreaker that is capable of threatening the LatiTwins, two mons that Kyogre would almost certainly lose to without the help of Giratina-O. Giratina-O also serves the purpose of spinblocking, ensuring that hazards stay up. Sub is used to defend against status from Blissey and Lugia.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Although Giratina-O can certainly mount a successful sweep under the right conditions, I consider Garchomp to be the premier setup sweeper of the team. I chose to run Stone Edge over Fire Fang as Dialga does well enough against Steel types like Scizor and Skarmory thanks to Fire Blast.

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Tickle

To be honest, I wasn't exactly sure what my sixth Mon should be, so I have Wobbuffet to play a supporting role for Garchomp and Giratina-O. I know there are probably better options, so this is very much subject to change.

I'll be glad to see any and all criticism and advice, especially regarding my 6th Mon. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)