Flavor Battle: Un passant ordinaire v. TMan87

"Mark my words Kamina! My drill will be the one that will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will be a path for those behind us. The dreams of those who have fallen! The hopes of those who will follow! Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow!"

"Ginette?"

"And what if my path is full of many kinds of obstacles? I will just drill through until the path becomes clear again! And today, you are the limit I have to break! If I can't win against my hero, then how will I pierce the heavens huh? How will I protect my friends, my crew, everything and everyone I cherish? I'm sorry Kamina, I have to knock you out. I have to progress. I have to push my abilities even further beyond. And that's why...
YOU. ARE. GOING. DOWN."

"Alright but, how will you achieve that goal? I have the feeling that it will be extremely hard to bring TMan's Empoleon down. Especially with those frozen arms of yours."

"Huh, this ice won't be enough to stop my burning spirit. Here's what I'm going to do: Brick Break first, and Infestation second. He probably wants to use Endure in order to tank all my attacks without fainting, but if he senses my intention to use Infestation during our incoming clash, he will probably go for a more aggressive stratregy, leaving himself wide open for my Brick Break."

"Can you perform a Brick Break with those arms though?"

"Just who the hell do you think I am?! I'm able to destroy rocks, steel, and even energy shields with this attack. Moreover, I'm still Focused: I see very well the fragile points of this ice. It will break the moment begin to I touch Kamina with my attack, and I will deal full damage to him."

"Good point. Break this ice and defeat your opponent Ginette!"

"GO GO, FIGHT THE POWER!"

nightblitz42

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Bug/Poison | (F)
Swarm / Adaptability / Sniper | Beedrillite
HP: 24 | EN: 54
6/2/0/3/167 | 3/3/21
Status: Arms frozen (2a), Focus Energy (2a), Swarm, +30% Accuracy

Water/Steel | (M)
Torrent / Defiant | Focus Band
HP: 14 | EN: 64
4/3/3/4/60 | 3/4/20

Beedrill smashes its steel-like arms down savagely, shattering the ice attached to them. Effective but a bit reckless, as the violence of the impact launches pointy ice shards in all directions.
A1

Beedrill used Brick Break!
Beedrill smashes its icy appendages against Empoleon, shattering the ice!
Guaranteed crit!
Damage = (8+3+9-4.5)*1.5 = 23.25 damage (KO!)
Beedrill is damaged by flying ice shards!
recoil = 30% I guess? It doesn't matter??
.3*23.25 = -6.975 hp (17.025 HP remaining)
-6 EN (49 EN remaining)
Focus Energy (1a)

Post-Round
Beedrill HP -> 27

Bug/Poison | (F)
Swarm / Adaptability / Sniper | Beedrillite
HP: 17 | EN: 49
6/2/0/3/167 | 3/3/21

KO

That's a wrap!

Treasure:
Un passant ordinaire : 2CC
Porygon: 1EC, 3MC, 1KOC
Beedrill: 4MC, 1KOC
TMan87 : 2CC
Muk-A : 3MC, 1AC, 1KOC
Empoleon : 4MC​
And, the dutiful nightblitz42 (1 extra round): 13UC​

Thanks for playing!

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
"That was a good workout!"
"We learned useful info today, namely that you need more diversity in your attacks."
"What I need is to rematch that Beedrill asap. My pride won't suffer a loss, even though I was clearly superior in the drill department."
"Whatever, I'll just grab my earnings and go take a nap somewhere."

"Yes. I did it. I DID IT!!! MY SPIRAL ENERGY WAS THE STRONGEST!!! "

"CONGRATS GINETTE YOU'RE DA BEST!!!"

"Phew, that was a close one. Well played TMan, I hope we get to battle again soon!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)