First Team for XY

~ I haven't actually played pokémon competitively since diamond and pearl so I'm lacking a bit of knowledge. One thing that is getting to me is the lack of fire moves / fire pokémon. Any and all suggestions welcome! ~

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP // 230 Def // 24 Sp Atk
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will O' Wisp

Seems like a good way to open, has enough defensive EV's to survive and can switch to a sweeper with Volt Switch. Thunderbolt and Hydro Pump for STAB and coverage. Will O' Wisp is just there to be annoying really! Levitate and Hydro Pump provide a great counter to Tyranitar and Garchomp.

(Mega) Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Pretty standard mega Gengar. Second levitator, screws ground users over pretty bad. Timid nature to keep up with other mega Gengars and outrun those who are using modest sets, with shadow ball as a STAB counter if I'm faster. Thunderbolt and Sludge Bomb provide great coverage, with Focus Blast to ensure I don't get walled by steel types.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Dragon Dance sweeper. I love Dragonite, it's one of my favourite pokémon and was in here from the start. Life Orb + DD turns it into a pretty nasty sweeper. Has that crucial fire move that my team seems to be lacking.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpDef
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Rock Slide

Physical wall, best I could think of to balance the team. Can stall by using Sleep Powder and is capable of recovering lots of HP with Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Leftovers AND Regenerator all on it. Rock Slide is for coverage against pokémon like Talonflame which seems to be a big hit at the minute.

Sylveon @ Big Root
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 6 SpAtk
Calm Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Wish
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind

Not really sure what to make of this but I wanted to use it. Draining Kiss for stealing HP (with help from Big Root) and coverage against dragon types, Shadow Ball mainly for Mega Gengar if mine has fainted. Calm Mind for that extra boost when a switch is predicted.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpDef
Adamant Nature
- U-Turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

Pretty standard choice band Scizor. Great coverage and allows for great damage with Choice Band and STAB. Extra EV's in special defense for the obvious Scizor counters.

Conclusion:

Not sure what to make of it, its the first team I've come up with in years. Not sure about the lack of fire and flying moves. Please let me know your suggestions, thanks :)​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)