SM UU First Real Competitive Team

So after not playing competitively since Gen 5, I decided to get back into the swing of things and make a team that wasn't theme based (Used to love eeveelution teams and monotype teams). After using this team for a day I managed to get up to around 1400, but I'd love to know your thoughts and how I could possibly make it better.

Slowbro @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Ice Beam

I've been flip-flopping between Slowbro and Starmie, but eventually settled on 'bro due to its bulk. Assault Vest with 252 Def gives roughly equal defenses, letting it stay in and get off some decent damage. I chose Psyshock of Psychic since my team gets walled pretty hard by specially defensive mons like Blissey and Reuniclus. Scald is a given for the burn chance, and HP Electric and Ice Beam give pretty good coverage I think?

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Calm Mind

A special wall that can also hit fairly hard, along with being able to heal status. I feel like this is a fairly standard Sylveon set, although I've used Wish over Calm Mind or Protect before for some reliable recovery. Great for getting rid of Krookodile and Sharpedo, and also deals with Altaria pretty well. Heal Bell is good for dealing with burns that cripple Bisharp, and the staple Toxic.

Crobat
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Acrobatics
- Taunt

A fairly bulky Crobat set that's really more for stalling than hitting hard. Crobat has the speed to get off a Taunt to stop Haxorus and Hydreigon setting up, and Whirlwind to force switching on anything that's already set up. Defog could work instead of Whirlwind, since Toxic Spikes has been known to screw me over. Chose to leave the bat itemless for the boosted power on Acrobatics, but a berry could probably work too.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spe
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

My main physical wall. This thing has walled nearly every physical mon I've come across so far, with Toxic and Roost making (slow) work of any flying types. It does get screwed by water, but Slowbro and Amoonguss both take care of that pretty well, so I don't have much of a reason to keep Gligar in against them. Earthquake is the primary STAB, which is good for special walls and counters physical Infernape, Lucario and Scizor.

Bisharp @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

My main physical attacker, Bisharp one-shots a lot of mons, and helps stop my team from getting crippled by special walls. I chose Brick Break over Knock Off purely to get more damage off on mons like Aggron and Steelix, and also because I found myself using Sucker Punch more often anyway because of the priority. Also, Brick Break gets rid of screens without using Defog.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain

Amoonguss is great to switch into against Primarina. Clear Smog is another option to get rid of stat changes (I'm looking at you, Cosmic Power/Stored Power Reuniclus). HP Fire is great against Scizor and other Amoonguss, though I mainly find myself switching out before Scizor can even think about touching Amoonguss.

Thanks for your advice.

Last edited:
hey man. first of all theres a lot of wrong sets on ur team that are immediately obvious. first of all hp electric on slowbro has no use. av bro in general sounds bad, especially one w/o spatk investment. maybe im wrong on the sp atk thing but i dont see a defensive av bro doing anything a bro w/ recovery cant. id probs go with one with slack off over hp electric and toxic over ice beam. if u remove av u can also consider making it mega.

sylveon needs recovery. wish over calm mind. especially since ur team is so defensive.

crobat also needs recovery. and since u have no hazard removal defog as well. go w/ acro taunt defog roost

low kick over brick break on bisharp since u wanna hit aggron and lix (also hits coba harder).

that being said this team still needs improvement. i cant rec any more changes cause im not too sure what direction u want to go with it. it looks like u wanna go a semistall route but bisharp alone isnt gonna be breaking cores. id have to know what route u want to go to make any suggestions. either way im sure that this team would be altered way too much from this original version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)