Favorite Room?

Lobby goes without saying. Roomstaff (especially our latest promoted room owner :^)) and regs are chill, always fun to mess around and stuff, but I must admit that we get our share of baiters/trolls/flamers/spammers too and our share is much bigger than the rest of the rooms.

Other than that, I have to say Pro Wrestling and Wi-Fi. While PW keeps attracting memers, it's been a cool place since it went public. People there are as good as the ones in lobby. Awesome to watch wrestling shows together as a group.

Wi-Fi is good too but since it revolves around trading and giveaways, it's usually not possible to casual chat but that room has awesome people in it as well.
Your signature says otherwise. Osiris' word is law.

Lobby goes without saying. Roomstaff (especially our latest promoted room owner :^)) and regs are chill, always fun to mess around and stuff, but I must admit that we get our share of baiters/trolls/flamers/spammers too and our share is much bigger than the rest of the rooms.

Other than that, I have to say Pro Wrestling and Wi-Fi. While PW keeps attracting memers, it's been a cool place since it went public. People there are as good as the ones in lobby. Awesome to watch wrestling shows together as a group.

Wi-Fi is good too but since it revolves around trading and giveaways, it's usually not possible to casual chat but that room has awesome people in it as well.
Thanks fam

SCHEFF

I COULD BE BANNED!
By far my favorite room is The Studio. Great auth list, great people. Although a tend to mainly stay in private rooms, I always take time out to check it.
Help and Lobby are fun for cancer, and Game Corner is usually really entertaining when I'm bored.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty split on my favorite room. I haven't tried that many rooms, tbh. I like tournaments, because I prefer fighting in elimination tournaments over laddering, but that's giving the room credits for its features, rather than the people who dwell there. Wi-Fi is an obvious choice, considering it's the room I'm the most active in and that I know the regs and staff quite well. My opinion would probably change, if I tried other rooms.

Don't go on many other rooms besides Lobby and Tournaments. Maybe during this summer I can move over into the OU room for some tips and training.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
Lobby is what I'm usually on so, thats my personal favorite.

My favorites would have to be Mafia and Survivor. While I might have a bias to these rooms because they're pretty much the only two rooms I've *really* spent time in since I regged at PS in 2014, both games are fun to play, and both rooms have good people hanging out in them.

Oh yeah, Game Corner is also good too.

don't lose

I ain't cocky, I'm confident.
I love The Studio, even though I am a room owner, I have always enjoyed music and it has always been a huge part of my life. While even being a regular user in The Studio, it is/was always a great and friendly environment with the staff being amazing.

Survivor is up there as well always being a great room to chill and relax in and the environment is always a nice one. On top of that the games are really fun and enjoyable!

Health & Fitness is another one, I'm a gym fanatic and love working out. I eat healthy and really try to take care of myself so being in that room is always a pleasure and hearing about everyone's fitness goals and aspirations is really nice.

Social Media because I'm addicted to Youtube lol and apart from that I'm always searching different peoples feeds and seeing peoples status updates on things like Twitter and Facebook. Being apart of Smogon is classified as social media as well so there is that and then I also like going onto different Reddit pages for something to do.

The Happy Place is chill and a great place to relax so I hang out there quite often. Not to sound full of myself either, but I do enjoy helping and assisting people so I feel like this is just a place that I should be around!

Help - Helping people out and answering questions is something I genuinely enjoy so this room in itself is a no brainer.

Other rooms include battle rooms such as OU and PU. While I don't necessarily go into those rooms that often I do like to investigate occasionally and see what's up and what has changed within the meta.

And I go into pretty much every single room from time to time as well, I mean it's hard to choose just one room as a favorite lol, they're all unique in their own way!

Last edited:
I've always liked the UU room for the people. Sometimes, I just log into showdown so I got some company while I'm pulling an all-nighter to keep me sane. Yeah sure we might not have the greatest days sometimes, but my time spent there has been memorable nonetheless. No, this isn't goodbye post or anything and I don't think I'll ever quit playing pokemon even if I tried. This was more of an appreciation post for the room and the users themselves.

Honoring those "lost or forgotten" regulars who either don't come on as often or never seem to log into showdown anymore:

AriannaGranbull- Jeez, I can't count how many times I've lost to you in the past. I knew your team like the back of my hand but you always beat me in the end. I'm still waiting for that chance to meet up in a room tournament again so I can finally get my revenge.

The Misaki Mei - You'd always prefer the RU tier than UU and I can't blame you for it, I'm not that big of a fan of the current meta game right now but I got my fingers crossed for some more possible suspect tests in the future. And congratulations once again to you and to your boyfriend, the baby will need your attention more than us, but I hope you don't forget the time you've spent here on Showdown.

There's more people I wanna add to the list but I gotta go for now.

Cerberax

Dancing through life
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First room I became a reg in was The Happy Place, for a long time that was the only room I was in at all. I loved the idea that we could be there to listen if people needed to vent (which is something I need to do all the time so I understand that need very well :P), so yeah THP is my favorite. And the people there are pretty chill for the most part so it's fun to hang around in there. :)

I also hang out pretty regularly in the Lobby and in Trivia, the Lobby because (when people aren't spamming/trolling) there's almost always some kind of conversation going on that I can dive into, and Trivia because I like seeing what kinds of questions I can come up with/how many I can easily answer. Lol I used to think I knew a lot of random stuff, the room quickly made me realize how wrong I was about that. But yeah it's pretty great.

I actually have 3 favorite rooms

Smash Bros: I really enjoy this game and people there are just crazy aaaand...I love it!

Help: A more serious room. When I saw how cool the Help users are, I was like "why not try helping people" and I just got used to it :p

And the last but not least my FAVORITE room by far is The Studio: at first I wasn't interested at all in this one but Amingo (a friend of mine and also one of the ROs) was in this room so I stayed there watching people linking music in the chat and for me that was really weird : a room in which you could put links. Then I tried out linking some music and people there are just really nice and chill. Also I can't live music so eh this room was just perfect ^^

My first room was Anime & Manga and has been my favorite room since. I love all the regulars and staff who made me feel welcome when I first became a reg there. Overall a lot of good vibes and energy from this room. Feels like a lot like a small community and just overall a great time and is one of the main reasons why I started becoming more active here :-)

Lobby - My second home, the people and staff I've talked to in lobby and those who I became really good friends with are one of the nicest people I've ever met period. I love them all.

Studio - Music is love and I just overall enjoy this room, great users as well!

Moba - Smite is the best lol sux

Brandon

My flop era is lowkey serving
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
My favorite room on PS is definitely The Studio. I am a person that relies on music for so much, and I love being able to explore new artists, and also share my finds with people. Not to mention, the room is super chill, and I love the people there.
Other rooms I enjoy:
The Happy Place: I love helping others, and this room allows me to assist others that are across the world. It's a neat thing. I also love the room culture and people, not to mention this room is basically training for dealing with others in real life.
Cafe: I'm a foodie. Food and music are my current stress coping mechanisms, and I would still be a huge foodie if I found a better route for this goal.
Video Games: I'm into vidja games as well as the lame memes the room generates. I wish that I brought my wii u/3ds to college sometimes, but eh.
Writing: A place for writers to mingle, and I've used this room for my crazy ideas in playwriting. I should probably try and start writing some more creative pieces, but I'm lazy and such.
Game Corner: This room will always have a special place in my heart. I've made so many friends and have so many fond memories in this room. The community might be overwhelming at first, but it's one of the best you'll find on PS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)