Fakemon Art Challenge!

Quick weekend update - Normal/Dark final!
Wow... just wow that is just stunning i was scepticle about making a normal pokemon look dark and well i'm a believer now! it looks fantastic! This is also probobly the only pokemon here that i actually understand it's type. (no offense i just have wierd interpretations)

Wow. This is a really great project. I like the manticore and the Water/Fire pokemon. There's already a Poison/Dark pokemon though...Skuntank. Keep up the great work. I look forward to seeing Electric/Ground and Grass/Steel.

He is awesome! By far, the coolest thing in this thread. (i cant believe you made something actually look normal and dark, you have a gift sir).

Wow your art is really incredible. I love the Normal/Dark one. The one you just posted looks Electric/Steel to me though.

Yea that last one definitely looks electric/steel, but I still love the idea. You might be able to salvage the typing through a creative use of color (but if you made him shiny metallic he'd definitely look too steel type).

I think there's a trend here though: whenever you make a fakemon that is supposed to be normal, i end up loving the design. Can't wait to see him colored man.

I get a weird vibe from the Manticore Pokemon. You know whenever you see a Pokemon for the first time, and just think "boy that thing looks harmless but I bet it's a total bitch in battle"? That's totally how I see it.

I agree with UberMuch on the trend thing, but with one small difference. Whenever you make any Fakemon I love it. :D

I get a weird vibe from the Manticore Pokemon. You know whenever you see a Pokemon for the first time, and just think "boy that thing looks harmless but I bet it's a total bitch in battle"? That's totally how I see it.

I agree with UberMuch on the trend thing, but with one small difference. Whenever you make any Fakemon I love it. :D
Haha, yea. Agreed about the manticore too. I didn't mean i don't like your other fakemon designs though. I guess i just like how you interpret the commonalities of a normal-type pokemon's anatomy. =]

Oy, it has been far too long since my last update. Apologies for that. I got embroiled in an art project for work (an hour-by-hour comic of my play through FFXII, which can be seen here if you're interested ^^), which was followed by some unpleasant computer breaking. Which I'm still dealing with, unfortunately. But! I now have a different PC tablet, so work should be resuming shortly, hopefully with the Final for the Normal/Electric Pokemon.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm really pleased, you definitely are one of the best (if not the best) fakemon artist on smogon!

Here's to you finishing err, whatever you said you were doing haha :)

My my this is nice to see. Looking through all that you've done so far you have quite a unique project going on. I enjoy looking at your concepts and the little messages that come with and highly enjoy the lineart. As a matter of fact I think out of all the steps you show I prefer the style of the lineart to the final piece.

Fantastic work with your other project also with FFXII (i've played and completed that game so I feel your pain).

Bunny Fortracy ftw!

These things are great!

I only looked at the final, colored, pieces, but they all looked great.

By the way, why do you need a Ground/Bug type? You already have Wormadam [and Nincada] who share that typing.

After a long absence, I return! Today we've got the Grass/Dragon Pokemon in Concept and line art, as well as an eggy Grass/Ghost Pokemon with concept and line art.

The Grass/Dragon is inspired by the Axolotl, a salamander unique to Mexico. This critter is unusual because it's neotenous, meaning it's stuck in an adolescent form. The gills looked a lot like roots to me, so there we are.

The Grass/Ghost critter actually came about when I was looking through the last CAP art thread. Due to some technical issues, I wasn't able to participate, but there were a lot of great submissions. One that stuck out, though, was pkmn-taicho321's unnamed Pokemon. I loved the body shape and expression, and my eggplant critter sort of grew out of playing with that shape.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)