Event Discussion

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
*Sigh* I miss the days of them giving Event Pokemon special moves they can't normally learn. Like I get why they changed it, if one was brought to a competition it was had to keep track if it was a legitimate one (though that could be solved by just saying for official competitions Pokemon can only use moves they can possibly get in the game). Like, imagine if they gave Aeroblast or V-Create to Ho-Oh? That would be neat.
They recently did that (Bounce Magikarp + black clover for VGC 2017 purposes). Due to Supersonic Skystrike Gyarados, the event was highly significant, but took well over a month to legalize, both for Battle Spot and competitions.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
They recently did that (Bounce Magikarp + black clover for VGC 2017 purposes). Due to Supersonic Skystrike Gyarados, the event was highly significant, but took well over a month to legalize, both for Battle Spot and competitions.
Bounce is a Tutor move for Magikarp usually. While right now you can't get an Alolan born Magikarp with Bounce, Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon will probably have the Move Tutors to teach it.

Another example would be the recent Midnight Lycanroc which had both Sucker Punch and Fire Fang, normally both Egg Moves so you can only have one (though then that will probably change as both those moves are usually taught by Move Tutors as well, or at least Fire Fang).

But I'm more talking about the time when they gave V-Create to Rayquaza, they had an Arceus with Blast Burn & Hydro Cannon, Gengar with Sludge Wave (though it should have access to this move normally anyway...), Darkrai with Roar of Time & Spacial Rend, etc..

Another example would be the recent Midnight Lycanroc which had both Sucker Punch and Fire Fang, normally both Egg Moves so you can only have one (though then that will probably change as both those moves are usually taught by Move Tutors as well, or at least Fire Fang).
What do you mean? There's no reason you can't breed both onto it.

A mystery gift of Solrock (for Sun) and Lunatone (for Moon) has been made available for the Japanese version of each game using the code OYAJI30YEARS (literally "old man 30 years", referencing the Old Man at Haina Desert. I only have the Japanese version of Moon and it comes at level 30 holding a Comet Shard, with the moves Cosmic Power, Hidden Power, Moonblast, Power Gem.

The new Pokemon movie has been confirmed for international screenings on November 5th. Does that mean we're likely to get Marshadow at around the same time?

Starting tomorrow, North American GameStops will be distributing a "battle-ready" Salazzle via serial code. It comes at level 50 holding a Focus Sash and knowing Fake Out, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, and Flamethrower. The event runs until September 4.

Does anyone know how to receive a Pokémon from World's? Like is there a designated area or can I download it from anywhere in the arena, and is it only available on a specific day? I'm referring to the Exeggutor they're handing out this weekend btw.

Starting tomorrow, North American GameStops will be distributing a "battle-ready" Salazzle via serial code. It comes at level 50 holding a Focus Sash and knowing Fake Out, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, and Flamethrower. The event runs until September 4.
*Looks at where she is distributed*

*Argentina not in the list*

Sigh...

The event that I mentioned previously is getting a second go, this time at Pokémon Centers and Stores across Japan. Charizard, Lucario, and Piplup will be available from August 22nd to September 3rd, and Mew will be available from September 4th to September 18th. You can only receive one of each Pokémon per system, and for the first period, the distributed Pokémon will be random, but duplicates will not be given so you can grab all three on one system if you go on three different days.

Shiny Mimikyu to be distributed in Pokemon Centers across Japan between September 22nd and October 31st as part of their Halloween celebrations.

In addition, Mimikyu, Pikachu, and Bewear will show up at different Pokemon Centers in Japan on weekends in that same period. Details.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)