ESports Overwatch League 2018

This is the first season of the Overwatch League.

And it's been nothing but hype and fully invested by countless people in and out of the community.

Anyone else interested in this? If so, this is where we can chat about it.

Seoul Dynasty is definitely the team to beat.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I know nothing about Overwatch but I'll probably watch it at least once if it means getting to listen to Monte and DoA again

Hello. I'd just like to vent about something: the London Spitfire makes me so angry.

So my main problem with the Spitfire is how instead of picking a myriad of good players, they instead just chose 2 teams. Now this in itself is fine, but my main problem is that they chose 2 Korean teams. Again this would be fine, but since the Spitfire is the only EU team, there is no actual representation of a good EU team. To me, the fact that the only EU team is arguably more Korean than the Seoul Dynasty shows me no pride in their hometown, which makes storyline's so much harder to make for the casters and makes fans (at least fans like me) feel annoyed with the fact that the London Spitfire seem to take no pride in all of the great British and even just European players, instead taking what is essentially the least interesting route by taking 2 established rosters and no one else.

Obviously I understand they want to make money by choosing teams that already have synergy, but I feel that having a team made of multiple great players from throughout the world instead of 2 teams from South Korea would be much more interesting. I will be routing against the Spitfire in every game they play this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)