Inactive EonTimer / ZomgTimer

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I've been trying for a while to figure out a way to modify the exe to fix what I consider to be an issue with the sounds. The extracted wav files from the exe play in a media player just fine with good volume and in both side of my speakers. When the sound is played in EonTimer it sound extremely quite and on only one side. While this is not a major issue, the sound on one side is an annoyance to me. It appears to be something to do with how the .NET Framework handels the wav files. If I'm missing something and there is a quick fix on your end it would be very much appreciated; it gets bothersome when I try to use this with headphones on.

Excellent, excellent timer. Used it for my very first attempt to RNG an egg in SS and was hitting the right second on the first try, and got the delay riiiight beside my target on the first update (517 when I was going for 519, so close! Got it soon after, though).

Thank you so much for all the work you've put into this.

Anyone here use Norton Internet security 2010/11?

Just wont let me download the Eontimer, everytime I try, says its a risk and deletes it straight away.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Anyone here use Norton Internet security 2010/11?

Just wont let me download the Eontimer, everytime I try, says its a risk and deletes it straight away.
Friggin' Norton. It's because it's a .exe file. I'll VM you with a zip file and put a link on the first page.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been using this for, well, everything and I finally got started with Entralink. One thing I noticed is that I was hitting a seconds value of :01, when my target is :00, so you must to set your target second 1 earlier (yes I already know you have to do this for Standard seeds but this is C-Gear so don't call me a noob). You'll also have to recalibrate your delay offset. My current configurations are:

Offset (whatever it's called): -23
Target Second: 59 (my actual target second is 00)
High Link Calibration: 416/461 (whatever the default for this program is)

I'm always within at most 1 frame from my target no matter what it is.

Note: this is ONLY for Entralink, so if you're doing any other C-Gear (i don't know why the hell you would), use whatever your usual calibration is.

I know I'm probably going to sound like a noob right now, but I've only recently started trying to RNG, and so far I've only been able to RNG shininess, nature and ability into eggs in Platinum. I've tried RNGing IVs onto wild pokemon but I never hit the right delay. I've had a look at both the EonTimer and the ZomgTimer, but they don't make much sense to me. Could someone fully explain how to use them for me please? I've had a little search around and can't find anything saying how to use them, so any help would be much appreciated.

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I know I'm probably going to sound like a noob right now, but I've only recently started trying to RNG, and so far I've only been able to RNG shininess, nature and ability into eggs in Platinum. I've tried RNGing IVs onto wild pokemon but I never hit the right delay. I've had a look at both the EonTimer and the ZomgTimer, but they don't make much sense to me. Could someone fully explain how to use them for me please? I've had a little search around and can't find anything saying how to use them, so any help would be much appreciated.
Apologies but I don't really have time to go through that right now. I have exams among other things that need to get done. Check out the Most Gen PRNG Help thread. The instructions for pikatimer are the same ones for mine. There are also videos if you search for them. How did you abuse eggs if you didn't use a timer?

Apologies but I don't really have time to go through that right now. I have exams among other things that need to get done. Check out the Most Gen PRNG Help thread. The instructions for pikatimer are the same ones for mine. There are also videos if you search for them. How did you abuse eggs if you didn't use a timer?

Good luck with your exams, I'll go have a look at some pikatimer guides then rather than bothering you. In answer to your question about abusing eggs without a timer; I was only abusing eggs to get shininess, nature and ability, not IVs. For getting the shininess, nature and ability right, all I do is catch a level 50+ pokemon when I enter the game and use it's stats and RNG Reporter to find the seed. From there I just search for any decent frames on the seed and get to those frames.

Thanks for your help anyway.

^^ Mind telling me where the forums are, I am on the same boat as you, I am completely lost on how to use this.

^^ Mind telling me where the forums are, I am on the same boat as you, I am completely lost on how to use this.
I found that the timer was actually quite easy to use after seeing what to put in each of the boxes.

If you do all the calibration steps on the RNG Abuse guide on this site you
should get your average second and delay. Your second is the amount of
time in seconds it takes to enter the game from resetting. To find this,
you need to synch your DS time with an external clock, and then soft
reset when the clock reaches a new minute, then spam-press the A
button to get in the game as fast as possible.
You then capture a pokemon level 50+ and plug it's stats into your
preffered program's seed finder to find the second.
Keep doing that for your average second (usually around 15 or 16).

The delay I'm not sure what is, but you need to find out your average
delay too for when you're searching for times on the time finder.
This is worked out in exactly the same way as the seconds.

You put these two values into the timer. The average seconds value goes
into the "Calibrated Seconds" box, and the average delay goes into the
"Calibrated Delay" box. You then enter the delay you need to hit into the
"Target Delay" box and then you take the seconds value of the time that
your program gave you and put that in the "Target Seconds" box.

For example, I could want to hit a seed where the time was 14:44:20 so
I would put 20 as my target second.

After doing that, take the seconds off the time and then subtract a
further minute, so with 14:44:20 it would be 14:43:00. That is the time
you set your DS to. Then, prepare to set the time to that time.
When ready, press the start button on the timer and the A button on your
DS at EXACTLY THE SAME TIME. This shouldn't be too difficult.

By default, the ZomgTimer does a total of 6 beeps with 500ms space
between them. Soft reset ON the 6th beep. Then a second timer counts
down. It will have the same 6 beeps, except this time you enter the game
on the 6th beep (so pressing A when on the menu while continue is
selected).

If done correctly, and with a bit of luck, you should hit your seed first
time. If you haven't hit your seed (tested via the coin-flip trick) then
immediately capture a pokemon and find out the delay value you did hit.

Put this in the box next to the "Update" button, then press that button.
This will slightly change how long the counter counts down for, and so will
get you closer to your target seed.

Hope that helped! :toast: (although I'm sure someone would tell me if I'm wrong >.<)

Toast++

Thanks for taking that, Ewokese. The average calibration/second thing is actually unnecessary and it wont get you very close. In actuality, you should just use the default settings and try to hit a seed. Search your adjacents for that seed and update the timer accordingly.

I also added a link to said forums in the FAQ on the first post.

The average calibration/second thing is actually unnecessary and it wont get you very close.
I knew I'd gotten something wrong >.<

I did use my average second, as that DOES seem to make quite a bit of difference for me. I can't use a calibrated second of 15, as it won't give me enough time to enter the game and get the right seed, so I use my average second of 16.
I've found using your average delay doesn't make much difference however, so I just leave it as it is when I load it up and change it as necessary.

Toast++

I knew I'd gotten something wrong >.<

I did use my average second, as that DOES seem to make quite a bit of difference for me. I can't use a calibrated second of 15, as it won't give me enough time to enter the game and get the right seed, so I use my average second of 16.
I've found using your average delay doesn't make much difference however, so I just leave it as it is when I load it up and change it as necessary.
No.. not even the second. It's really a completely unnecessary number. The only reason it's included in my program is because that was the original way they were set up. The second and delay are used to create one number. This one number can be formed given any calibrated second. To prove it, subtract 1 from your calibrated second, and 60 from your calibrated delay. Your results will be identical. (+/- ~.000004 sec)

No.. not even the second. It's really a completely unnecessary number. The only reason it's included in my program is because that was the original way they were set up. The second and delay are used to create one number. This one number can be formed given any calibrated second. To prove it, subtract 1 from your calibrated second, and 60 from your calibrated delay. Your results will be identical. (+/- ~.000004 sec)
Well, I suppose you made this so you know what you're on about.

The way I use the timer is good enough for me though, so I suppose that
really is all that matters in respect to me.

Keep up the good work!

Toast++

I'm going to bump this because I made an update.

I'm at v1.5 now. Yeah, I skipped a few numbers, get over it. Anyway, I completely rewrote the code to make it easier to add stuff in the future and I made it run a little better while I was at it. Oh, and because I'm a nerd who does those kind of things. With this new design, I was able to create a method to do both visual and audio cues at the same time. They may not sync up well on slower computers, haven't tested those because I don't have one. Not much I can do about that, get a better computer. There is an update specifically for the entralink calibration now. It assumes you've calibrated the cgear timer properly already. I also added calibration for non-cgear. I know not many people use it for that, but it eliminates the one second before problem. It should be more accurate.

I brightened the UI a little too. It just needed a little freshening up.

Edit:
While I was at it, I went ahead and made a final update to Zomg. This update fixes the CPU-hoarding that it liked to do with the previous versions. I made a note on the original post as to why you wont be seeing it updated anymore.

Been using EonTimer for awhile now... great work! May I make a suggestion? I personally think it would be nice to have the timer show a minute hand for times of over 60 seconds. Hell, maybe you could even add an hour hand for people who are aiming for very high frames in 3rd gen.

Also, I've noticed that when I set the first timer to a number less than 5 on the Gen III tab, there is an extra beep right at the start, and it is in quick succession with the next beep (there is definitely not 1 second between them). I'm guessing that the reason for this is that the first/extra beep is actually the 5 second beep, which should never occur since the timer starts at a time less than 5. It's not a big problem but just something I wanted to point out.

Toast++

Been using EonTimer for awhile now... great work! May I make a suggestion? I personally think it would be nice to have the timer show a minute hand for times of over 60 seconds. Hell, maybe you could even add an hour hand for people who are aiming for very high frames in 3rd gen.

Also, I've noticed that when I set the first timer to a number less than 5 on the Gen III tab, there is an extra beep right at the start, and it is in quick succession with the next beep (there is definitely not 1 second between them). I'm guessing that the reason for this is that the first/extra beep is actually the 5 second beep, which should never occur since the timer starts at a time less than 5. It's not a big problem but just something I wanted to point out.
Been meaning to reply to this. Thanks for the suggestions.

As far as the minute portion goes, I'll consider it. It'll take a little work to make it in a way that doesn't affect accuracy.

The other issue you bring up is one I believe I have addressed in the beta. I'm going to release that one of these days..

Been meaning to reply to this. Thanks for the suggestions.

As far as the minute portion goes, I'll consider it. It'll take a little work to make it in a way that doesn't affect accuracy.

The other issue you bring up is one I believe I have addressed in the beta. I'm going to release that one of these days..
Thanks for your consideration. One other thing that may be helpful is an indication of which timer you're currently on (first or second), as when I'm multitasking, I sometimes lose track.

Toast++

Been a while since I started improving 1.5 and I've finally finished. I've changed quite a bit and most are mentioned on the OP. I'll go ahead and throw the cliff notes here:

- Improved UI
- Entralink timer with nature (Entralink+)
- More efficient (in both power and accuracy)

Also, forgot about this but it's noted.
Thanks for your consideration. One other thing that may be helpful is an indication of which timer you're currently on (first or second), as when I'm multitasking, I sometimes lose track.

Toast++

The EonTimer timer link at the beginning of the thread, and the two links in your signature are dead for me.
Haha, oops. Accidentally capitalized a letter in the link.

Introducing...
EonTimer 1.6!
Now with 80% more working download links!

Enjoy.

Hi, I've some problems with hitting right second when doing IV gen abuse on retail cart. In v1.5 in order to hit second 15 I use 14 as calibrated second and target second is 16. In v1.6 I hit randomly 14, 15 or 16 no matter what combination I use. :I I'm using default settings.

This notebook has 16bit Win8 which might be the reason for these results (or maybe my timing is just off). I'd love to know if there's something I can do to hit more accurate.

Thanks from your awesome timer btw. I've been using it since it was made. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)