Embirch and Flarelm - Part 2 - Typing Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Okay, just to point out on some things and comment here.

I'm very torn on Grass. There isn't really precedent for it in game. Azurill, Onix, Swablu and Eevee all change their Primary types upon evolution, but their Primary type does not become a Secondary type. Onix keeps it's secondary Ground type and so does Swablu with Flying. Nothing evolves and shifts its Primary type to its Secondary type. However, I can see it from a flavour view.

Normal/Grass is just a no go for me. It doesn't make sense in my eyes (although it would get us past that precedent barrier). And I will probably drop just Fire too.

Don't forget this is a discussion about both of the Prevos! A lot of the talk has centred on Embirch. You've got until I got to bed to discuss further: that will be about 2 hours. At that point I will put up two threads for Polls and you guys can vote :)

Stratos

Banned deucer.
if fire/grass doesnt' win i will be disappoint

seriously people who crave originality hang on just a bit longer!! Breezi, the next prevo we do, isn't just a boring poison/ground. and then nohface and colosshale also very clearly change types. but to do it too many times is just a crazy anomaly

Oh God I have joined the dark side. After analysing each comment and carefully diliberating the situation, I have converted. I now believe Embirch should be a Fire/Grass Pokemon. Goddamnit.

Which is ironic considering I was the most prominent Grass supporter, at least in this thread.

DHR-107, regarding Flarelm, I feel we don't need to discuss its typing, as it's pretty obvious and self-explanatory that the pokemon will be Fire/Grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)