Easy GP Text Editor (fixed for chrome I think)

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
http://aglassoflemona.de/gp

Basically, this is meant to eliminate highlighting things and constantly changing back and forth between colors (pretty much why gping sucks). Instead, you can click to control the changes. Now that I've added the ability to comment I figure it is ready for a thread. The instructions on the page are mostly complete but let me know if things are unclear etc. I've briefly tested this new version out and there weren't any bogs but of course let me know.

What is really neat is you can choose your own colors, and since it automatically strikes through removals, there won't be any confusion.

I know a lot of people use Chrome, but it crashes my computer so I can't test on it. This only works on Firefox.

The second point in the title is what prompted the updating. The problem with non-standard colors is people might not be used to them. Not going to use a name here, but I was reading through the changes and I definitely couldn't tell what was add and what was remove without constantly scrolling back.

To completely eliminate ambiguity, you can simply include strikethrough for removals, which this app makes really easy. It also looks nice for standard colors.

Obviously stuff that's too bright looks bad on the white background but that's what the test space is for.
Haund piikachuu Snobalt frenzyplant Winry.
(if gptls don't read this forum i'd be worried)

Last edited:
youre my hero

does it 100% not work on chrome :c

edit: confirmed it does not work on chrome; either that or im just too stupid to figure it out. both possibilities are equally likely

Last edited:

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
lol you actually......

does it 100% not work on chrome :c

edit: confirmed it does not work on chrome; either that or im just too stupid to figure it out. both possibilities are equally likely
yeah, it doesn't work on chrome. worth it to get firefox to try it out imo, if you don't already have it

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
small changes:
automatically focuses on the text box when you alt-click
button to create comment tags for you, cursor automatically focuses between them as well

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
there is now an é button to automatically insert Pokémon (mostly only relevant for FP)

also corrects U-Turn into U-turn, V-Create into V-create, Ho-oh into Ho-Oh, ThunderPunch to Thunder Punch automatically

Last edited:

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
OK I'm pretty sure it works on Chrome now, you just have to use Control + Alt instead of just Alt.

Also url change, no more /gp2, just /gp

you may need to control + f5 the pages (gp2 now gives a link go /gp)

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
you can now paste (am)checks and have colors appear on the editor (basically so you can give amcheck comments without having to wade through BB Code, directly in the app)

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
perhaps the best feature yet, you can toggle the red text, allowing you easily to read the changed sentence so you can check for flow, awkwardness, etc. Reading out loud is the number 1 way to catch weird things

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi! This tool is really cool, and I wish it worked for mobile! ... which is why I'm here! If there were an efficient, effective way to GP on mobile, I know I and surely others would be able to get significantly involved in GPing. I do have a couple ideas for implementation if is at all possible, but if not, thanks anyways!

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
I remade this mostly the same way, so if anyone would like to test it out (do it on a single set or something) that would be cool :)

I uh forgot to do strikethrough but I did make it save your progress if you accidentally refresh or navigate away (also test this!)

Haund Sobi idk who else used, no one else said anything

I remade this mostly the same way, so if anyone would like to test it out (do it on a single set or something) that would be cool :)

I uh forgot to do strikethrough but I did make it save your progress if you accidentally refresh or navigate away (also test this!)

Haund Sobi idk who else used, no one else said anything
just finished checking an analysis with this and it's great!! a couple of things
- the bb code doesnt provide the "add remove comments" thing automatically anymore and im a lazy fat ass so i need that
- refreshing or navigating away works and the progress is saved
- there isnt the add comment button so you have to add [c] [/c] manually, which is not a big deal for me personally since i used to do it anyway
- speaking of comments, is the fact that a "Comment:" is added automatically necessary?
in any case thanks a lot!!!:heart:

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
just finished checking an analysis with this and it's great!! a couple of things
- the bb code doesnt provide the "add remove comments" thing automatically anymore and im a lazy fat ass so i need that
- refreshing or navigating away works and the progress is saved
- there isnt the add comment button so you have to add [c] [/c] manually, which is not a big deal for me personally since i used to do it anyway
- speaking of comments, is the fact that a "Comment:" is added automatically necessary?
in any case thanks a lot!!!:heart:
there was a little version trouble but everything should work and it has the add remove comments thing
not necessary but eh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)