SM OU E-Seed Hawlucha + Tapu Koko = SweepForDayz!

Alolan Marowak over Heatran?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey Guys! Thanks for coming to read my explanation for my team!
This team took a really long time to build and its a very comfortable team for lots of people to play around with, if you decide to “use”this team yourself. Enough said, lets get into this.

Disclaimer: Read everything before giving feedback, unlike other RMT, ill be going through the process of me even substituting mons that i dont like in the team and giving my reasoning so it isnt showing the perfect picture first, but showing every single thought and all the processes.

Teambuilding Process

After a long time of thinking i decided to start with a very destructive offensive core, Tapu Koko and Hawlucha (carrying electric seed), these two just work phenonmenal with each other, Koko provides momentum for Hawlucha, whom is flying and can be immune to generic spammed moves like EQ and EP

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch

This mon is just a beast, the Electric Seed gives it a cute defense boost, Unburden kicks in and you have 700+ speed. Outspeeding a LOT of mons, this just sweeps through teams that dont carry good revenge mons, or they dont carry checks to a mon like Hawlucha. It can take advantage of Swords Dance by forcing switches on mons like Bulu who destroy another member of my team, ill get to him later. The Acrobatics boost comes in after E-Seed is used and Base Power doubles, this is just an amazing move more reliable than 90% acc HJK to just hit mons neutral and OHKO them. Hawlucha can deal with -Steel Type threats and take advantage of Drain Punch if its been hurt by Stealth Rocks or prior damage from coming in through Volt Switch. Beware of Chople Berry Mons that weaken Hawlucha’s Fighting Stab to possibly KO’ing it. It breaks a lot of mons in the metagame as of right now like Greninja, Ferrothorn (if at +2), Mega Swampert (if at +2) and others. Just click Acrobatics or HJK...Be aware, if you switch out as a threat has come in to kill Hawlucha, you’ll lose the defense and speed boost from Unburden and E-Seed.

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dazzling Gleam

There isnt much to brag about this mon, everyone knows how good this is. The Speed, the Physical Attack and Special Attack are beautiful, i chose this specific moveset as i didnt really want scarf as id be locked into a specific move and lets say im in the scenario, where imma finna hit a Pelipper with Volt Switch and then id go into Hawlucha, the normal play i would do in any case, this is a rain team an of course it has Mega Swampert, id be locked into Volt Switch and would have to make a hard switch into Hawlucha without getting any chip damage before hand with Koko, so instead i wanted to run Electrium-Z, Z Moves are quite broken if used right, and with it being Gigavolt Havoc, i basically nuke anything that comes into a Koko that isnt something that resists me or is immune to me. A good way to just sack Koko which isnt the best of ideas for some really good chip damage that Hawlucha can work off quite nicely. Koko deals with -Water, -Flying, -Frail Dragons, if we are talking specific mons, stuff like non scarf Greninja, Celesteela (with Z Move nuking it up)
and Toxapex under the circumstances that you still might have the Z Move in hand. Its a very easy mon to use and a very good mon to use in most teams, with it having access to Volt Switch i give this the role of my
Special Sweeper/Pivot/Wallbreaker.

So then, the beautiful core is finished! Its not bad is it? Hopefully it aint, now then...we need a better switch into things like Ground types, as nice as it is to be immune, to not hit it back Super Effective isnt the most ideal thing...so then. I needed some sort of Wallbreaker in my opinion that is decently bulky and can provide
MASSIVE DAMAGE. And what better way to do this by adding in ANOTHER Tapu! Tapu Bulu, an amazing ground switch in that destroys everything when its banded. Here we go for its set!

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt

An amazing movepool leads to insane coverage, ya boi Bulu hammers everything on the field, Horn Leech is used to sap health from poor defenseless Greninjas that are locked into moves other than Gunk Shot and Ice Beam. With Band as an item, thats EVEN more damage, its like a more broken Primarina, never switch in to Bulu and never switch out, Horn Leech still does massess amounts of damage even on a resisted hit, this mon deals with figthing types better without having to loose Hawlucha as its so frail, the speed investment is to outspeed base 80 non invested mons! Things like Suicine will be punished for trying to think it can stall out Bulu! Its main purpose is to wallbreak against Bulky Waters like Fini that threaten Hawlucha, Koko cant really come in nicely as it would take nearly 50% from Moonblast. You dont really want that for your sweeper. This also takes care of our ground weakness. However threats like safely switched in Greninja arent a thing to mess around with, neither are Poison Types like Alolan Muk and the occassional Gale Wings Talonflame on the low ladder..yes...its still not died out yet. The role has been assigned. Im giving this....The Physical WallBreaker Role!

So then, as it seems, Greninja hates our team with a passion, thats good, we dont want that threatening our mons, as of rn we have lots of offensive mons and not a lot of Bulk. So then what better way to start a Tri-Core filled with a -Grass,-Fire and -Water mon than SubToxic Heatran! Here it goes!

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm

On a bad note, although this adds another huge ground weakness it prominently gives a really nice safe switchin to just stall a mon out with SubToxic taking care of mons that you dont really wanna face with the rest of your offensive mons, Magma Storm can just trap mons in with Toxic so the increase in damage over turns doesnt get reset as they switch, its a very easy mon to use yet again and can create some serious salt if used against a team that isnt prepared for a SubToxic Tran which isnt really common as Greninjas are quite common. Thats something for those Gren users to cheer about, but anyways, we are able to resist fairy hits and psychic hits that threaten Hawlucha and also having access to Flash Fire means that i can switch into Fire type mons such as other Trans that arent invested in much speed, absorb their Fire hits and hit back with a powerful Earth Power to kill them off, or even threaten them and make them switch if they value the mon so much. This ev spread was given soley for the purpose it can outspeed mons and set up sub as it doesnt have prankster or anything like that, that gives it priority for Sub. Its still nice to have a very nice Fire Type to switch into to Tapu Bulu threats and can also scare away Poison types whom threaten Bulu and Koko, however, if they are dual typing like Grass/Poison, so things like Venusaur, or Crobat whom are immune to Earth Power then like Hawlucha, it isnt really a check but just a nice safe switch in to make the opponent switch as they cant really do much against your Tran giving us to either Toxic what ever is coming in or Substitute if we werent already. I will assign the role of Staller/Tank to Tran

Now then, as we’ve started it, we must finish it, we lack a Scarf Revenge Killer, and needing a Water Type mon to finish the Tri-Core i think the best option when i was thinking of the team was...Scarf Keldeo!

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Being in my opinion, the best revenge killers out there after the Arena Trap Ban off Dug. This Keldeo provides so much power to our team and speed carrying the Choice Scarf which is pretty much essential in every team because of the current metagame as of rn. Although this adds another Flying Weakness thats fine as we do have a few switchins to those mons. I am aware Zapdos is screwing my team over right now outside of Heatran but hey, its not like a team cant have ANY threats. Gotta have a few at the very least. Anyways, being the Revenge Killer of the team, i press Hydro Pump after one of my mons have been killed and...make the other mon die? Its a standard set to be honest, Surf is just there for consistency and filler. You already know the role of this mon, and thats...Revenge Killer! Time to get into the last mon!

Now to finish off this team, it took me a while, i took in account of all of my weaknesses and what i needed more coverage on and thats countering Psychic and Fairy Types, what better mon to do that by Mega Scizor, an amazing bulky sweeper who can Pursuit Trap Scarf Latios, and slowly pviot out with U-Turn. Lets get into the analysis and other stuffz

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 192 Atk / 128 Def / 188 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Pursuit

A very nice set for a mon like Scizor, giving me a check to Psychic and Fairy Types, i also gain a priority move which is very nice to have for any team, it brings in decent bulk so it doesnt die quickly. I also finish VoltTurn in my team which again very nice to have in any team as you can pivot out, Koko being my fast pivot and Scizor being a slow pivot to bring in mons like Koko, Heatran slowly without taking damage. I am thinking instead of SD i migh bring in Defog to help Hawlucha and Heatran. Funnily, Greninja hates this team as i force it out so many times! This mon work really nicely with Heatran adding it more purpose.

Immediate thoughts
So that’s the team as of right now! I know very well i can make some changes. I am leaning onto the fact that i could add Alolan Marowak instead of Heatran because after laddering i see getting in sticky situations with other Tapu Koko and Mega Medicham as they all just annoy my team a little, Alolan Marowak is a great check to both and diminishes my Electric Weakness with Lightning Rod and i can actually hit back super effective, but i do gain the loss of the equal balancing of attackers and special attackers.

Aftermath
After battling with this team EVEN MORE i realised Tapu Bulu and Heatran are a bit stale and dont work very well in this team as yet again, im getting stomped by Mega Medichams. So i decided to replace Tapu Bulu for a Whimsicott which is working AMAZINGLY, im winning a lot more matches with this and the fact its such a nice safe lead is quite relaxing. Heatran just isnt my style of play after laddering a bit more. So i decided to go with a mon whom can absorb HJK and destroy Koko and have gone with my instincts. Alolan Marowak whom is carrying Will-O-Wisp just for physical switchins. Keldeo, surpisingly working very nicely. It just got stomped by Zapdos and just get walled to much by it which my team already struggled around and what i already said in my in depth analysis of the team. So i decided to just go for a simple switch into Greninja whom is Scarf and adds U-Turn to just scout out switchins or get out of situations way better, for example i faced a lot of Magearna with Keldeo-Resolute and Greninja being a bit worse for that type of situation, atleast i can get a bit of chip damage off to just scout the Magearna and not need to make a hard switch into my Alolan Marowak! Here is the new team!

Here is the importable for the team as i realised i didnt put it in, guessed it must’ve disappeared xD

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dazzling Gleam

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Ice Beam

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Def / 104 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Will-O-Wisp

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch

Hope you enjoyed my thinking and processes, i wanted to try something that not many people do or even do in the first place when thinking of their team, but also add in the process of changing members at the end, i still kept the old part of my team because i wanted you to see the before of the team and see if it had become better or even worse. Because thats why i posted here, to get some feedback, had some fun writing this, throw me some feedback guys!

Last edited:
Hey Guys! Thanks for coming to read my explanation for my team!
This team took a really long time to build and its a very comfortable team for lots of people to play around with, if you decide to “use”this team yourself. Enough said, lets get into this.

Disclaimer: Read everything before giving feedback, unlike other RMT, ill be going through the process of me even substituting mons that i dont like in the team and giving my reasoning so it isnt showing the perfect picture first, but showing every single thought and all the processes.

Teambuilding Process

After a long time of thinking i decided to start with a very destructive offensive core, Tapu Koko and Hawlucha (carrying electric seed), these two just work phenonmenal with each other, Koko provides momentum for Hawlucha, whom is flying and can be immune to generic spammed moves like EQ and EP

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch

This mon is just a beast, the Electric Seed gives it a cute defense boost, Unburden kicks in and you have 700+ speed. Outspeeding a LOT of mons, this just sweeps through teams that dont carry good revenge mons, or they dont carry checks to a mon like Hawlucha. It can take advantage of Swords Dance by forcing switches on mons like Bulu who destroy another member of my team, ill get to him later. The Acrobatics boost comes in after E-Seed is used and Base Power doubles, this is just an amazing move more reliable than 90% acc HJK to just hit mons neutral and OHKO them. Hawlucha can deal with -Steel Type threats and take advantage of Drain Punch if its been hurt by Stealth Rocks or prior damage from coming in through Volt Switch. Beware of Chople Berry Mons that weaken Hawlucha’s Fighting Stab to possibly KO’ing it. It breaks a lot of mons in the metagame as of right now like Greninja, Ferrothorn (if at +2), Mega Swampert (if at +2) and others. Just click Acrobatics or HJK...Be aware, if you switch out as a threat has come in to kill Hawlucha, you’ll lose the defense and speed boost from Unburden and E-Seed.

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dazzling Gleam

There isnt much to brag about this mon, everyone knows how good this is. The Speed, the Physical Attack and Special Attack are beautiful, i chose this specific moveset as i didnt really want scarf as id be locked into a specific move and lets say im in the scenario, where imma finna hit a Pelipper with Volt Switch and then id go into Hawlucha, the normal play i would do in any case, this is a rain team an of course it has Mega Swampert, id be locked into Volt Switch and would have to make a hard switch into Hawlucha without getting any chip damage before hand with Koko, so instead i wanted to run Electrium-Z, Z Moves are quite broken if used right, and with it being Gigavolt Havoc, i basically nuke anything that comes into a Koko that isnt something that resists me or is immune to me. A good way to just sack Koko which isnt the best of ideas for some really good chip damage that Hawlucha can work off quite nicely. Koko deals with -Water, -Flying, -Frail Dragons, if we are talking specific mons, stuff like non scarf Greninja, Celesteela (with Z Move nuking it up)
and Toxapex under the circumstances that you still might have the Z Move in hand. Its a very easy mon to use and a very good mon to use in most teams, with it having access to Volt Switch i give this the role of my
Special Sweeper/Pivot/Wallbreaker.

So then, the beautiful core is finished! Its not bad is it? Hopefully it aint, now then...we need a better switch into things like Ground types, as nice as it is to be immune, to not hit it back Super Effective isnt the most ideal thing...so then. I needed some sort of Wallbreaker in my opinion that is decently bulky and can provide
MASSIVE DAMAGE. And what better way to do this by adding in ANOTHER Tapu! Tapu Bulu, an amazing ground switch in that destroys everything when its banded. Here we go for its set!

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt

An amazing movepool leads to insane coverage, ya boi Bulu hammers everything on the field, Horn Leech is used to sap health from poor defenseless Greninjas that are locked into moves other than Gunk Shot and Ice Beam. With Band as an item, thats EVEN more damage, its like a more broken Primarina, never switch in to Bulu and never switch out, Horn Leech still does massess amounts of damage even on a resisted hit, this mon deals with figthing types better without having to loose Hawlucha as its so frail, the speed investment is to outspeed base 80 non invested mons! Things like Suicine will be punished for trying to think it can stall out Bulu! Its main purpose is to wallbreak against Bulky Waters like Fini that threaten Hawlucha, Koko cant really come in nicely as it would take nearly 50% from Moonblast. You dont really want that for your sweeper. This also takes care of our ground weakness. However threats like safely switched in Greninja arent a thing to mess around with, neither are Poison Types like Alolan Muk and the occassional Gale Wings Talonflame on the low ladder..yes...its still not died out yet. The role has been assigned. Im giving this....The Physical WallBreaker Role!

So then, as it seems, Greninja hates our team with a passion, thats good, we dont want that threatening our mons, as of rn we have lots of offensive mons and not a lot of Bulk. So then what better way to start a Tri-Core filled with a -Grass,-Fire and -Water mon than SubToxic Heatran! Here it goes!

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm

On a bad note, although this adds another huge ground weakness it prominently gives a really nice safe switchin to just stall a mon out with SubToxic taking care of mons that you dont really wanna face with the rest of your offensive mons, Magma Storm can just trap mons in with Toxic so the increase in damage over turns doesnt get reset as they switch, its a very easy mon to use yet again and can create some serious salt if used against a team that isnt prepared for a SubToxic Tran which isnt really common as Greninjas are quite common. Thats something for those Gren users to cheer about, but anyways, we are able to resist fairy hits and psychic hits that threaten Hawlucha and also having access to Flash Fire means that i can switch into Fire type mons such as other Trans that arent invested in much speed, absorb their Fire hits and hit back with a powerful Earth Power to kill them off, or even threaten them and make them switch if they value the mon so much. This ev spread was given soley for the purpose it can outspeed mons and set up sub as it doesnt have prankster or anything like that, that gives it priority for Sub. Its still nice to have a very nice Fire Type to switch into to Tapu Bulu threats and can also scare away Poison types whom threaten Bulu and Koko, however, if they are dual typing like Grass/Poison, so things like Venusaur, or Crobat whom are immune to Earth Power then like Hawlucha, it isnt really a check but just a nice safe switch in to make the opponent switch as they cant really do much against your Tran giving us to either Toxic what ever is coming in or Substitute if we werent already. I will assign the role of Staller/Tank to Tran

Now then, as we’ve started it, we must finish it, we lack a Scarf Revenge Killer, and needing a Water Type mon to finish the Tri-Core i think the best option when i was thinking of the team was...Scarf Keldeo!

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Being in my opinion, the best revenge killers out there after the Arena Trap Ban off Dug. This Keldeo provides so much power to our team and speed carrying the Choice Scarf which is pretty much essential in every team because of the current metagame as of rn. Although this adds another Flying Weakness thats fine as we do have a few switchins to those mons. I am aware Zapdos is screwing my team over right now outside of Heatran but hey, its not like a team cant have ANY threats. Gotta have a few at the very least. Anyways, being the Revenge Killer of the team, i press Hydro Pump after one of my mons have been killed and...make the other mon die? Its a standard set to be honest, Surf is just there for consistency and filler. You already know the role of this mon, and thats...Revenge Killer! Time to get into the last mon!

Now to finish off this team, it took me a while, i took in account of all of my weaknesses and what i needed more coverage on and thats countering Psychic and Fairy Types, what better mon to do that by Mega Scizor, an amazing bulky sweeper who can Pursuit Trap Scarf Latios, and slowly pviot out with U-Turn. Lets get into the analysis and other stuffz

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Pursuit

A very nice set for a mon like Scizor, giving me a check to Psychic and Fairy Types, i also gain a priority move which is very nice to have for any team, it brings in decent bulk so it doesnt die quickly. I also finish VoltTurn in my team which again very nice to have in any team as you can pivot out, Koko being my fast pivot and Scizor being a slow pivot to bring in mons like Koko, Heatran slowly without taking damage. I am thinking instead of SD i migh bring in Defog to help Hawlucha and Heatran. Funnily, Greninja hates this team as i force it out so many times! This mon work really nicely with Heatran adding it more purpose.

Immediate thoughts
So that’s the team as of right now! I know very well i can make some changes. I am leaning onto the fact that i could add Alolan Marowak instead of Heatran because after laddering i see getting in sticky situations with other Tapu Koko and Mega Medicham as they all just annoy my team a little, Alolan Marowak is a great check to both and diminishes my Electric Weakness with Lightning Rod and i can actually hit back super effective, but i do gain the loss of the equal balancing of attackers and special attackers.

Aftermath
After battling with this team EVEN MORE i realised Tapu Bulu and Heatran are a bit stale and dont work very well in this team as yet again, im getting stomped by Mega Medichams. So i decided to replace Tapu Bulu for a Whimsicott which is working AMAZINGLY, im winning a lot more matches with this and the fact its such a nice safe lead is quite relaxing. Heatran just isnt my style of play after laddering a bit more. So i decided to go with a mon whom can absorb HJK and destroy Koko and have gone with my instincts. Alolan Marowak whom is carrying Will-O-Wisp just for physical switchins. Keldeo, surpisingly working very nicely. It just got stomped by Zapdos and just get walled to much by it which my team already struggled around and what i already said in my in depth analysis of the team. So i decided to just go for a simple switch into Greninja whom is Scarf and adds U-Turn to just scout out switchins or get out of situations way better, for example i faced a lot of Magearna with Keldeo-Resolute and Greninja being a bit worse for that type of situation, atleast i can get a bit of chip damage off to just scout the Magearna and not need to make a hard switch into my Alolan Marowak! Here is the new team!

Here is the importable for the team as i realised i didnt put it in, guessed it must’ve disappeared xD

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dazzling Gleam

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Ice Beam

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Def / 104 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Will-O-Wisp

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch

Hope you enjoyed my thinking and processes, i wanted to try something that not many people do or even do in the first place when thinking of their team, but also add in the process of changing members at the end, i still kept the old part of my team because i wanted you to see the before of the team and see if it had become better or even worse. Because thats why i posted here, to get some feedback, had some fun writing this, throw me some feedback guys!
Team is a incredibly weak to z fly lando as u literally have 0 switch ins 4 it.also should be roost over pursuit on sciz, as he definitely needs the 4 moves he runs, is the reason he is used.also should not be using whimsicott at all, he is bad, so maybe replace it 4 defensive rock setter lando.

Team is a incredibly weak to z fly lando as u literally have 0 switch ins 4 it.also should be roost over pursuit on sciz, as he definitely needs the 4 moves he runs, is the reason he is used.also should not be using whimsicott at all, he is bad, so maybe replace it 4 defensive rock setter lando.
Yo dude! Thx for the suggestions, for Whimsicott tho its just such a nice mon for the team, as its quite a safe lead to be honest with you. Shall i go back to Bulu for raw power? Ill lose the ability to Taunt and Encore on a lead mon whom can be dangerous, its best imo for to keep it right? After all, i do have Hawlucha and A-Marowak so having Whimsi as a lead to stop lead hazards it keeps me very safe until maybe like mid game Lando T

Yo dude! Thx for the suggestions, for Whimsicott tho its just such a nice mon for the team, as its quite a safe lead to be honest with you. Shall i go back to Bulu for raw power? Ill lose the ability to Taunt and Encore on a lead mon whom can be dangerous, its best imo for to keep it right? After all, i do have Hawlucha and A-Marowak so having Whimsi as a lead to stop lead hazards it keeps me very safe until maybe like mid game Lando T
There is no reason to use whimsicott though, if u want a fast taunter use speed invested fini

Breezy

formerly Quaze
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

hello, interesting team you have built.
hawlucha is surely one of the most scary set-up sweeper in the current metagame and has really good sinergy with tapu koko and scizor mega. despite all i don’t agree putting as marowak as tapu koko’s check and HJK’s answer. mostly because your own tapu koko puts electric terrain so you really need a good switch for electric moves; marowak gets chipped away with u-turn and hazards too easily. also the only hjk users are medicham-m which KOes with zen headbutt and lopunny-m which hits hjk anyway because of its trait, scrappy. i didn’t really understand the role of whimsicott im the team but i guess it was your physical wall. anyway whimsicott isn’t really viable in the OU tier being only able to check zygarde. another thing i’ve noticed is your weakness to rain teams, double dance landorus-t and mega charizard y. also you are lacking hazard control and reliable physical wall.

changing whimsicott for ferrothorn you’ll not only gain a setter but also an electric- and another psychic-check. it also helps a lot against rain because of it’s typing, bulk and moveset.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect
for more hazards control i’d suggest you to
change scizor-m’s set. using the smogon’s standard set you’ll have a defogger and a good physical defensive wall for mons like lopunny-m, band zygarde and mimikyu. don’t ever use scizor-m without recovery if not fully offensive all-out attacker.
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost
for fixing the weakness to tapu lele and charizard mega y i thought about the rain—>
pelipper. this should replace marowak. with rain ferrothorn will be able to eat all tapu lele’s hit beside focus blast, which isn’t that used. i’d go for the scarf set for a more offensive approach.
Pelipper @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Surf
- U-turn
- Defog/ Ice Beam
having the rain allows you to run
thunder over thunderbolt which means stronger z-move. i don’t think dazzling gleam is necessary in this team so i’d change it for roost or taunt.
Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
the only threat remaining is ddance lando. i’m personally not a big fan of protean scarf ninja and imo the specs ash form ninja works way better here because it abuses the rain. water shuriken revenge
-kills lando and under rain charizard mega x and hawlucha.
Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes
lastly i’d suggest you to alway give a look to smogon’s set.
hawlucha for instance doesn’t need so much evs in speed and in the smogon article is explained why. you could put all those evs somewhere else, perhaps they could be crucial in a game.
Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

that’s all p much. i hope i’ve helped :]

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

Pelipper @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Surf
- U-turn
- Defog/ Ice Beam

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

• threats
  • changes

Last edited:

hawlucha is surely one of the most scary set-up sweeper in the current metagame and has really good sinergy with tapu koko and scizor mega. despite all i don’t agree putting as marowak as tapu koko’s check and HJK’s answer. mostly because your own tapu koko puts electric terrain so you really need a good switch for electric moves; marowak gets chipped away with u-turn and hazards too easily. also the only hjk users are medicham-m which KOes with zen headbutt and lopunny-m which hits hjk anyway because of its trait, scrappy. i didn’t really understand the role of whimsicott im the team but i guess it was your physical wall. anyway whimsicott isn’t really viable in the OU tier being only able to check zygarde. another thing i’ve noticed is your weakness to rain teams, double dance landorus-t and mega charizard y. also you are lacking hazard control and reliable physical wall.

changing whimsicott for ferrothorn you’ll not only gain a setter but also an electric- and another psychic-check. it also helps a lot against rain because of it’s typing, bulk and moveset.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect
change scizor-m’s set. using the smogon’s standard set you’ll have a defogger and a good physical defensive wall for mons like lopunny-m, band zygarde and mimikyu. don’t ever use scizor-m without recovery if not fully offensive all-out attacker.
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost
for fixing the weakness to tapu lele and charizard mega y i thought about the rain—>
pelipper. this should replace marowak. with rain ferrothorn will be able to eat all tapu lele’s hit beside focus blast, which isn’t that used. i’d go for the scarf set for a more offensive approach.
Pelipper @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Surf
- U-turn
- Defog/ Ice Beam
thunder over thunderbolt which means stronger z-move. i don’t think dazzling gleam is necessary in this team so i’d change it for roost or taunt.
Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
the only threat remaining is ddance lando. i’m personally not a big fan of protean scarf ninja and imo the specs ash form ninja works way better here because it abuses the rain. water shuriken revenge
Greninja @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes
hawlucha for instance doesn’t need so much evs in speed and in the smogon article is explained why. you could instead all those evs somewhere else, perhaps they could be crucial in a game.
Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

Pelipper @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Surf
- U-turn
- Defog/ Ice Beam

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

• threats
  • changes
You are by far the most helpful person ever, words cant explain how thankful i am for your changes. The effort youve put it puts a smile on my face man, thank you so much. Ill get to the testing straight away and see how it does. I greatly appreciate the amount of effort youve put in to help my trash team! Kudos to you my dude!

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost
Pelipper @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Surf
- U-turn
- Defog/ Ice Beam
Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
Greninja @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes
hawlucha for instance doesn’t need so much evs in speed and in the smogon article is explained why. you could put all those evs somewhere else, perhaps they could be crucial in a game.
Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

Pelipper @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Surf
- U-turn
- Defog/ Ice Beam

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

• threats
  • changes
Whats the point of changing happiness and some of the IVS? I'm new to pokemon and I've seen this around but never understood

Breezy

formerly Quaze
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Whats the point of changing happiness and some of the IVS? I'm new to pokemon and I've seen this around but never understood
Happiness doesn’t matter if you don’t have moves based on it like Frustration and Return.
There are many reasons for changing IVs, Scizor for instance has 30 IVs for having a slower u-turn than other Scizors.

Reactions: Wob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)