Metagame Dual Wielding

Approved by Chloe. and The Immortal
Dual Wielding
Have you ever wanted your Pokemon to be able to hold a second item? Well now they can! It comes with a price though, as Pokemon are required to give up their abilities in exchange for this additional item. This allows for item combinations never before seen in Pokemon! Want your sweeper to be both fast AND strong? Equip it with both a Life Orb and a Choice Scarf! Combine defensive items to make your Pokemon even more durable!

Rules:
Mechanic: Pokemon are able to hold a second item by sacrificing their abilities and replacing it with an additional item.
Clauses: OU clauses and the following:
- Choice clause: No giving Pokemon two choice items.
- Item clause: No giving Pokemon two of the same item.
Bans: OU bans and the following:
-
Slaking
-
Regigigas

Unbans: None yet
Strategy:
Due to the offensive capabilities of a Choice item paired with a Life Orb, strong offensive Pokemon would be even more threatening than before. With every Pokemon being able to hit harder than before, stall would likely become a harder playstyle to use. Take for instance, the following set:
+

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Scald

Keldeo's otherwise pretty worthless ability is replaced with a Life Orb, allowing its Choice Scarf set to hit even harder. With the Life Orb it can secure the 2HKO onto Latios with Icy Wind, something the Scarf set couldn't do otherwise. Alternatively, equip an Icium Z to turn Icy Wind into a Subzero Slammer, dealing a large chunk of damage to Keldeo's counters (Amoonguss, Latios, Latias) for free. Experiment with different items to bolster the power of your Pokemon!

Other Pokemon with increased viability:
-
Archeops
-
Hoopa-Unbound
-
Terrakion

Q&A
Q: How will megas work?
A: Megas are able to mega evolve and hold new items if they so choose.

Q: How does knock off work?
A: Depends on the code.

Q: What if you give charizard both mega stones?
A: The mega stone in the regular item slot will take priority.

Q: How do air balloon and iron ball interact?
A: Similar to the situation with charizard, the item in the regular item slot takes priority.

Resources
Playability: Nowhere yet.
Replays: None yet.
Changes: None yet.
Special thanks to ScarfWynaut for helping out with this post.

Last edited:
Yay! This meta is finally here. I would make a post with some threats I see t first,but it's kinda late right now. Will post more later!

Edit: holy shit this got two pages already. Aweaome. Anyway I said I'd add more,and uh. Well

Hi I'm here to break Your meta (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf/Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head

Kyurem at +1 with a life orb,or fast with a life orb. PREPARE YOURE FAIRYS.
Speaking of which

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heal Bell
- Wish

The bulk. Can be a cleric,and wish pass,while it has decent spatk for calm minding. Doesn't care about losing ability anyway,it was useless

Last edited:

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
don't plan on playing but stumbled upon this while browsing random threads and I gotta point out the following:
- trick and switcheroo
- thief
- natural gift and bug bite with double berries
- fling with multiple flingable items
- clarify if you can run two of the same item or not
- probably some other item shenanigans that should be clarified

some of these are intuitive enough, but it's always better to have them out in the OP for clarity

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
If a mega use an item, does it overwrite the new ability?
Example: mega pinsir with a life orb, will it lose aerilate?

Which item will be tricked, the first item, the second item or both of the items? This metagame seems interesting but difficult to understand too.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury

As if Hoopa lacked switch-ins anyway..

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 211-250 (63.3 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Landorus-Therian: 199-234 (52 - 61.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tapu Fini: 164-192 (47.8 - 55.9%) -- 29.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 172-203 (50.2 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 316-372 (75.7 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 165-195 (45.4 - 53.7%) -- 42.6% chance to 2HKO

(Or just use Shed Shell if you're a fake scared of Dugtrio)

Q: How will megas work?
A: Megas are able to mega evolve and hold new items if they so choose.
Prepare to meet your god assuming Megas kept their Ability after they megaevo.

Medicham @ Choice Band
Ability: Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Prepare to meet your god assuming Megas kept their Ability after they megaevo.

Medicham @ Choice Band
Ability: Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch
After playing this meta on the Dragonheaven server, i can confirm that megas don't replace their item by an ability upon mega-evolution. (so stuff like Smooth Rock Tyranitar doesn't work)
So that Choice Band set is still significantly weaker than Pure Power.

Edit : Here's the replay. I tried this months ago and the team validator for Dual Wielding now glitches so it's impossible to play that meta anymore. Maybe the replay is outdated.

Last edited:

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
After playing this meta on the Dragonheaven server, i can confirm that megas don't replace their item by an ability upon mega-evolution. (so stuff like Smooth Rock Tyranitar doesn't work)
So that Choice Band set is still significantly weaker than Pure Power.
So all the uber megas should be unbanned (except Blaziken and Mewtwo X/Y), since they will lose the abilities that contribute to make them broken.

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Stone Edge

GL surviving a Subzero Slammer from this.

Aerodactyl @ Red Card
Ability: Eject Button
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Stone Edge
- Tailwind

switch your opponent out into a random pokemon then switch out to a CHOSEN ally to deal with it. fun times.

Suicune @ Grip Claw
Ability: Binding Band
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Whirlpool
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This is some powerful chip damage. It also grants you trapping capabilities for added fun. Hard to kill.

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Pikanium-Z
Jolly Nature
- Volt Tackle
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off
- ???

It says it's pikachu but actually it's a nuclear bomb.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Knock Off

occasionally deals some minor damage.

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Adamant Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Stone Edge

GL surviving a Subzero Slammer from this.

Aerodactyl @ Red Card
Ability: Eject Button
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Stone Edge
- Tailwind

switch your opponent out into a random pokemon then switch out to a CHOSEN ally to deal with it. fun times.

Suicune @ Grip Claw
Ability: Binding Band
Calm Nature
- Whirlpool
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This is some powerful chip damage. It also grants you trapping capabilities for added fun. Hard to kill.

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Pikanium-Z
Jolly Nature
- Volt Tackle
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off
- ???

It says it's pikachu but actually it's a nuclear bomb.

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Knock Off

occasionally deals some minor damage.

These sets are so cool, for pikachu for example the problem of using pikanium z is that your attacks would be wayy weakened without a lightball, this meta fixes this by having the ability to use both.
252+ SpA Pikachu 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 390-458 (114.3 - 134.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

since the calculator doesnt allow u to use both light ball and pikanium, i just doubled the damage and calced myself

That marowak tho wow, with band and club, it actually has 1136 attack (almost as much as a mawile at +2!). where are your switch ins under tr
252+ Atk Choice Band Marowak-Alola Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 465-547 (136.3 - 160.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Since u cant hold both band and club, i calced with 209 base attack which = 80 base attack + thick club, and then i added band

In terms of damage Kyurem black is the winner lol, it can even ohko resists like mag
252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 657-774 (192.6 - 226.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Poor mew just died twice

252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 291-343 (96.6 - 113.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
"Whats does a resist even mean lmao"
- kyurem-black

If you use up both of your items, can you regain both of them with Recycle or will it only restore the one in the Item slot?
Well idk how it works but i say imo it should be able to bring both, bring one at a time with the one in the item slot being a priority

These sets are so cool, for pikachu for example the problem of using pikanium z is that your attacks would be wayy weakened without a lightball, this meta fixes this by having the ability to use both.
252+ SpA Pikachu 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 390-458 (114.3 - 134.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

since the calculator doesnt allow u to use both light ball and pikanium, i just doubled the damage and calced myself

That marowak tho wow, with band and club, it actually has 1136 attack (almost as much as a mawile at +2!). where are your switch ins under tr
252+ Atk Choice Band Marowak-Alola Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 465-547 (136.3 - 160.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Since u cant hold both band and club, i calced with 209 base attack which = 80 base attack + thick club, and then i added band

In terms of damage Kyurem black is the winner lol, it can even ohko resists like mag
252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 657-774 (192.6 - 226.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Poor mew just died twice

252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 291-343 (96.6 - 113.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
"Whats does a resist even mean lmao"
- kyurem-black

Well idk how it works but i say imo it should be able to bring both, bring one at a time with the one in the item slot being a priority
what kind of mew/mag runs no defensive EVs at all tho

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
So all the uber megas should be unbanned (except Blaziken and Mewtwo X/Y), since they will lose the abilities that contribute to make them broken.
No because Pokémon aren't required to hold two items, which means that Mega Gengar can still have Shadow Tag if it wishes.

Eevee can now hold both Focus Sash and Eevium Z, making a much better opportunity to get its boost. Still pretty limited without the ability to pass that boost, even more so that it has to give up Adaptability on its Last Resorts, but maybe Stored Power still does a bit of good?

Smeargle @ Custap Berry
Ability: Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin/Taunt/Spore
- Stealth Rock/Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Spore
- Nuzzle/Spore
- Sticky Web

Because setup is cool.

Two things:

1.) What happens if I have a Heatran with say Grassium Z as it's held item but also Firium Z as it's ability? What happens?

2.) Won't ever happen unless you use Smeargle, but what if I hold Chill Drive on Smeargle but it's ability is Shock Drive? What type does Techno Blast become?

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Smeargle @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin/Taunt/Spore
- Stealth Rock/Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Spore
- Nuzzle/Spore
- Sticky Web

Because setup is cool.

Two things:

1.) What happens if I have a Heatran with say Grassium Z as it's held item but also Firium Z as it's ability? What happens?

2.) Won't ever happen unless you use Smeargle, but what if I hold Chill Drive on Smeargle but it's ability is Shock Drive? What type does Techno Blast become?
the item in the first slot takes priority, so you'd get Bloom Doom for question 1. For question 2, you'd have an Ice-type Techno Blast.

I typed most of this up last night, so it may have errors. Here's just a list of a bunch of stuff that I discovered while I was sleep deprived and decided to do a 2000+ word essay on. If you see any errors, feel free to yell at me on PS, in private messages, or in this thread. I mean, Jasp said it was ok, so...

First up are the Megas, in other words, 'Fuck game balance.'

Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Life Orb / Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch / Leaf Blade

One of the strongest examples of passing up an ability for an item is for practically every single Mega. Gallade-Mega, for example, usually lacks a bit of power into its hits because it isn’t named Medicham-Mega. Have no fear, because with a Life Orb, he hits about as hard as you would ever need him to hit, maybe hard enough to smash through your screen (And, since Medicham-Mega can’t run Choice Band and have Huge Power at the same time, this is a good deal.) It also can just grab a Choice Band to start smashing through teams and opt for more coverage over Swords Dance, or a Lum Berry to make sweeping for a long time easier but losing out on that firepower we just spoke about.

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Life Orb / Magnet / Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat

Manectric is another example of a mon that lacked firepower beforehand, but gains a nice little advantage with a Life Orb. It can also run a Magnet for just boosting its Electric-STABs, a White Herb to click Overheat a little bit faster, or even an Air Balloon to stop Landorus-Therian for a moment. Unless it has Stone Edge. It also could appreciate a Choice Scarf or Specs, but this locks it in and it really doesn’t like having that happen.

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Modest/Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Alakazam-Mega, on the other hand, demonstrates why you bring walls.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Alakazam-Mega Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 357-420 (50.7 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Alakazam-Mega Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tangrowth: 222-262 (54.9 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Alakazam-Mega Dazzling Gleam vs. 248 HP / 144+ SpD Sableye-Mega: 256-302 (84.4 - 99.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Honestly, this sounds like one of the scariest threats here. When you’re capable of raw OHKOing a Sableye-Mega without a STAB attack, you scare me. And not only can Specs Alakazam-Mega do that, but it also can break AV Tangrowth with Psyshock and do the same to Eviolite Chansey. Add in Psychic Terrain, and you have superstrong Psychic spam. A Choice Scarf is also available, although this drops the firepower but makes you the fastest mon in the meta.

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

And now for the inverse of Alakazam-Mega. Slowbro-Mega loses Shell Armor, which is a bit sad, but in return regains its Leftovers that it oh-so likes, giving it better longevity, making it less reliant on clicking Slack Off and granting free turns in order to keep it stocked up. It also helps it deal with Stealth Rock, Sandstorm/Hail (as if people will use those), and chip damage. The sets you have are essentially the same, although now you can run an Assault Vest Slowbro-Mega. The only thing I know that can contest how fat that is a Chansey holding an Eviolite.

Then comes your standard Offensive mons that aren’t Megas, i.e. slots for the rest of your team that aren’t fat. Sorted by category.

Kartana @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Night Slash

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Life Orb / any Plate
Adamant Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Splash Plate
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

First comes the set of mons that I like to call ‘Fuck Walls’. You think that you have a safe time running Stall or even Balance, and then one of these guys shows up. Kartana gains a very nice extra boost in power from Life Orb, and doesn’t really mind losing HP since it isn’t bulky enough to take most standard hits (+1 252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 650-767 (92.4 - 109.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock. It also lets you gaurenteed fuck Chansey, +1 is to simulate a Choice Band). Hoopa-Unbound is similar, but it may also want to run a Plate of some kind just to boost the power of Hyperspace or coverage since it has some bulk. Keldeo likes having Water-moves powered up and has some bulk, but also can just equip a Life Orb. Marowak-Alola hits over 850 Attack after Choice Band and Thick Club. Don’t expect anything to survive if it gets a free turn on, say, Trick Room. But also don't expect it to survive too long if it keeps clicking Flare Blitz.

Again, +2 is to simulate a Thick Club.
+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Marowak-Alola Shadow Bone vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tapu Fini: 289-342 (84.2 - 99.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Marowak-Alola Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 616-726 (87.6 - 103.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers / Focus Sash
Ability: Life Orb / Zap Plate / Electrium Z
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Nihilego @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Power Gem
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Gengar @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Terrakion @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

And here’s a few of the basic all-out attackers. I couldn’t find too many, since most Pokemon that fit this role are generally there due to abilities (Alakazam, Greninja, Mimikyu and Scolipede to an extent), but here’s a tiny list. Thundurus appreciates an extra power boost, as well as being able to tank a hit from something and retaliate back, but don’t run Sash and Life Orb on the same set. Nihilego gets a power and spdef increase, which it really likes. Terrakion becomes a better wallbreaker that now has more force behind it than just a single-hit nuke, and that’s nice to see. I got my levitate gengar back haHAA

Magearna @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature
- Shift Gear
- Fleur Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang

Zygarde @ Life Orb
Ability: Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage

Minior @ White Herb
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Explosion

After that is the set of basic setup mons. Magearna is still a great Shift Gear abuser, but struggles a bit without Soul-Heart to snowball out of control. In return, Life Orb gives it a faster boost to Special Attack at the cost of no snowballing. Volcarona appreciates being able to run a Sitrus Berry to recover back to 75% HP when Rocks are placed on the field, and being able to still run another item is very nice. Garchomp can run a very silly SD+SashSalac set when all priority is removed, making it great for endgame sweeps. Zygarde is Zygarde, I don’t need to explain him. And Minior is locked into its ‘broken’ form, giving it great offensive Shell Smash stats right from the get-go, and having a White Herb + Life Orb makes it even better. Just remember to click Explosion once something threatening comes in. 
And then you have fat. And more fat.

And now you have your Fatmons. Separated these a bit since I could elaborate a bit more on them.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

You need fat? You get fat. It’s as basic as it sounds: Give Chansey, already fat with Eviolite, the ability to passively heal every turn instead of having to deal with chip by clicking Wish and giving the opponent as many free turns. At the cost of Natural Cure you get this, but you can run Heal Bell to make that not an issue.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Lum Berry / Groundium Z / Yache Berry
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Extreme Speed

SubCoil Zygarde gets even more annoying when it can run a Lum Berry to prevent Will-O-Wisp or Toxic, Groundium-Z for incredible nuking power onto things such as Skarmory or Celesteela after a Tarrows, or even just a Yache to prevent Ice Beam/Hidden Power Ice from revengekillers. Once you click Coil a few times, it’s just a matter of not having the opposing Specsmon alive.

Slowking @ Leftovers / Choice Specs
Ability: Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD (or flip SpA and SpD)
Calm Nature
- Scald / Surf
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Slowking appreciates Leftovers as much as anything else on this list, but it also can run a Choice Specs for power. It’s your generic fatmon, but it loses Regenerator, which may be too much for some people to want to use it. Assault Vest allows it to deal with certain incredibly powerful threats such as practically every special attacker in existence, notably Mega-Alakazam.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Rocky Helmet / Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes

Rocky Helmet doesn’t seem too important, and it really isn’t. However, while it can be knocked off, it provides a higher chip damage than Iron Barbs. Iron Barbs can still be run for the sole reason it can’t be knocked off, but regardless. Ferrothorn provides an alright check to certain physical and special attackers, depending on spread.

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Calm Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Encore

Audino finally gets a better ability than what it previous had as a mega JOKES But now Audino-Mega has actual ‘reliable’ healing, in addition to Wish, and can provide an actual supportive role since its ability slot actually has a use. Notably, it helps stop Outragespam, can provide a shaky answer to SubCoil Zygarde, and sits in front of Specially offensive non-specs Megas and laughs. Then dies after two hits. Probably not the Mega you want to burn your Mega-slot on. I only included it down here since it really doesn’t deserve to be with the other ‘good’ Megas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)