Media DRAGON BALL SUPER

I had hope that Jiren would start off boring and then develop into an interesting, likeable character like Hit, but alas...

Speaking of Hit, massive respect for standing up to Jiren even though he probably knew he couldn't win. Still, it stung that he got ringed out. :\ Wonder what the rest of U6 is going to do now.

Last edited:

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
jiren being too strong for time doesnt even make sense =_= why not just have it he was overwhelming hit's time skips by moving further and further between time skips...ie its not that he is too "strong" for time skips but rather he is too fast to have time skips even matter for him

also wtf was that glare lol

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
the U6 saiyans literally could have just destroyed the edge that jiren was standing on while hit was busy looking all heroic and shit. or does his stupid force field allow him to suspend himself in mid-air too?? smh

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
the U6 saiyans literally could have just destroyed the edge that jiren was standing on while hit was busy looking all heroic and shit. or does his stupid force field allow him to suspend himself in mid-air too?? smh
this is my main problem with what happened last episode tbh, it seemed to me like the u6 saiyans had a golden opportunity to take jiren out but they didn't take it.. suspending yourself in the air would also be against the rules anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i don't even mind the "stronger than time" shit, or his glare, because we've seen it do work against goku so its not the first time, but u6 saiyans just leaving him be.. when he was literally immobile :(

i feel like the arc has been dragging on at this point tbh but it could be I'm feeling this way cuz this is the first arc where I'm watching the episodes week by week as they come out, cuz I only started watching dragon ball (kai) in like august or late july so i just binged everything until episode 103 of super lul

on the other hand i feel like this is the first time in dragon ball where it's not easy to predict how the arc will end or how (and if) jiren is defeated! so its exciting

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
I have a feeling Jiren just won't be beaten and they'll win by numbers because Jiren underestimated them and just meditated lol

In typical Toei fashion the Goku vs Jiren rematch then gets its own movie

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
There's always been some level of unpredictability to the series. Even if you know that someone's gonna get taken down they make sure to give it a bit of a twist just to keep us on our toes. That doesn't mean the twist is always good but sometimes it's decent enough.

With that in mind I still have no clue what direction they're even going for with this arc. I don't hate it though. It seems like most of you here are disappointed with the arc and I haven't been a fan of every episode, but overall I'm enjoying what I'm seeing. With what you're saying avocado, that's a general feeling people have with this series. DBZ has its big moments but then has so many episodes that are just there. They can be entertaining but not explosive and crazy like you'd be hoping.

Jiren's abilities are cool but I don't care much for his character. I'm kinda hoping he's a fallen God of Destruction because otherwise I'm probably going to be disappointed.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
How are they going to fill up 24 minutes worth of episodes is what i'm wondering. The fodder is already fodder and are mostly negligible. You have the dude stronger than a god of destruction, you have jiren, you have goku, you have vegeta. Those are the real big hitters, how much fodder filler time can we fill up. The stupid thicc sailor moon thot is getting her own ep prolly

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
How are they going to fill up 24 minutes worth of episodes is what i'm wondering. The fodder is already fodder and are mostly negligible. You have the dude stronger than a god of destruction, you have jiren, you have goku, you have vegeta. Those are the real big hitters, how much fodder filler time can we fill up. The stupid thicc sailor moon thot is getting her own ep prolly
This is Dragon Ball we're talking about here. If anyone can create episodes out of almost no material it's these people. The Universe 6 Saiyans are going to be a focus, the remainder of Universes 2/3/4 can be quite a few episodes, and the ongoing rivalry of 6/7 will take up some material. The rematch between Jiren and Goku is going to be huge and I imagine there's going to be a twist of some sort to throw the tournament upside-down.

Also, Jiren is the dude stronger than Gods.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This is Dragon Ball we're talking about here. If anyone can create episodes out of almost no material it's these people. The Universe 6 Saiyans are going to be a focus, the remainder of Universes 2/3/4 can be quite a few episodes, and the ongoing rivalry of 6/7 will take up some material. The rematch between Jiren and Goku is going to be huge and I imagine there's going to be a twist of some sort to throw the tournament upside-down.

Also, Jiren is the dude stronger than Gods.
They emphasized in the manga that the dude stronger than the gods was universe 4.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
on the topic of super's manga, chapter 29 released today

I haven't really read any chapter except for 28 but it was hype as fuck and this one's just as good, instead of a show match between universe 9 (was it 9? the one with the furry dudes) vs universe 7, we get a battle royale with all the GoDs followed by a match between goku and toppo.

we also get confirmation that jiren is stronger than belmod, and that all angels are siblings and children of the grand priest.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Not gonna really talk much about the new ep, kinda dull except for cabba becoming ssj2 and then being eliminated by freezy 3 seconds later

More than anything, I wanna talk about the preview for episode 113. They mention how Goku is gonna fight Caulifa and turn ssj3 during the fight.

They better not be implying what I think they're implying, because if they are, I don't think I'll be able to make it through the end of the tournament.

hope vegeta beats toppo, since toppo cant beat blue in general and vegeta's blue is stronger than goku's
weird seeing goku even injured struggling with those u6 sayians since they are fodder barring kale ofc.
it would also seem like super sayian 3 is getting alot of talk now, but i think goku needs to explain that ssj3 cant be obtained though normal training and needs very special training to pull off and that those girls will never become ssj3 in this arc otherwise it would be pretty dumb

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
hope vegeta beats toppo, since toppo cant beat blue in general and vegeta's blue is stronger than goku's
weird seeing goku even injured struggling with those u6 sayians since they are fodder barring kale ofc.
it would also seem like super sayian 3 is getting alot of talk now, but i think goku needs to explain that ssj3 cant be obtained though normal training and needs very special training to pull off and that those girls will never become ssj3 in this arc otherwise it would be pretty dumb
Thing is, I'm kinda scared that's what's going to happen. Everybody and their mother already knows about the legendary tingly feeling, and both Cabba and fuck this stupid name girl achieved ssj2 with little effort (at least, compared to someone like Gohan).

Thing is, I'm kinda scared that's what's going to happen. Everybody and their mother already knows about the legendary tingly feeling, and both Cabba and fuck this stupid name girl achieved ssj2 with little effort (at least, compared to someone like Gohan).
yh i know what you mean, but ssj3 is very unique, u need alot of time to get it, sure ssj2 is the same but there's a reason why only gotenks and goku only have ssj3. gotenks trained in the room(i dont remember the name) to achieved that form specifically, and goku trained in the other world while there's no time at all. so u can tell ssj3 u need a shitton of training to transform, if they actually got it. it will be a plothole

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yh i know what you mean, but ssj3 is very unique, u need alot of time to get it, sure ssj2 is the same but there's a reason why only gotenks and goku only have ssj3. gotenks trained in the room(i dont remember the name) to achieved that form specifically, and goku trained in the other world while there's no time at all. so u can tell ssj3 u need a shitton of training to transform, if they actually got it. it will be a plothole
Yeah sure that's what they're worried about. Plotholes.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
This was possibly the worst episode since Tenshinhan's downfall, and it was for me because they focused only on Goku and Caulifla, which made the flow kinda boring with only them fighting then cut to Champa/Beerus then repeat. Kale "interfering" was nice and all, and Champa being a dick is always welcome, but idk it didn't resonate well with me. Maybe if they showed at least 30 seconds of the universe 2 and 3 fighters (The ones that get blown by the power. Twice.) I'd have liked it more. The fightwas entertaining at least.

Shouldn't the potaras be banned? Or Zen-Oh will find them cool like the Mafuba bottles?

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Rule of Cool will allow them. Idek why the rules were created in the first place with all the items and flying going around.

aVocado

@ Everstone
loved episode 113 a lot!! it was so fun watching goku face caulifla, and the episode in general made me appreciate caulifla way more than before, and made me realize caulifla's ssj/ssj2 hair is highkey the best saiyan hair. also, goku's using his "serious voice" pretty much all episode long and i fucking LOVE that. idk how people can hate sub goku's voice its actually beautiful :(

i love everything about this also. goku is forming a master-student bond with caulifla (and by extension kale) and this is giving me all kinds of ~fuzzy warm feelings~, getting me hyped for uub's appearance if it will ever happen (and goku mentoring him), reminding me of gohan-piccolo's history, and is just nice :3

it did feel like a filler episode though, so i can understand if people don't like it. it also cucked us from toppo vegeta fight that was teased the episode before.

and i cant fucking wait for kaleifla. this might also be a hint to vegito omg @_@

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
loved episode 113 a lot!! it was so fun watching goku face caulifla, and the episode in general made me appreciate caulifla way more than before, and made me realize caulifla's ssj/ssj2 hair is highkey the best saiyan hair. also, goku's using his "serious voice" pretty much all episode long and i fucking LOVE that. idk how people can hate sub goku's voice its actually beautiful :(

i love everything about this also. goku is forming a master-student bond with caulifla (and by extension kale) and this is giving me all kinds of ~fuzzy warm feelings~, getting me hyped for uub's appearance if it will ever happen (and goku mentoring him), reminding me of gohan-piccolo's history, and is just nice :3

it did feel like a filler episode though, so i can understand if people don't like it. it also cucked us from toppo vegeta fight that was teased the episode before.

and i cant fucking wait for kaleifla. this might also be a hint to vegito omg @_@
Yeah I never got the hate for sub Goku's voice, always loved it. Fits his character quite well.

So I'm not a big fan of Super at all, but if there is something I will heavily defend Super on, it's its bits of reused animation.

It's not laziness as I've seen people say. I mean, it's "lazy", but it's lazy in the same way that you don't want to make another marble statue of David after you made it last month. If a sequence is fine, there is no reason to create something from scratch if you can reuse something to convey the same tension/theme. As a man working on animations myself, it's a lot of hard work, and I can guarantee the people complaining about it haven't tried to do so.

I love how Frieza's most recent theme song fits him so perfectly. A song so fitting to a character who is a literal fucking tumor to the rest of universe 7.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)