Doubles Doubles Viability Rankings

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Approved by cant say and hulavuta; format and some descriptions taken from noved's BSS Viability Rankings
Battle Spot Doubles Viability Rankings

Welcome to the Battle Spot Sun/Moon Doubles Viability Rankings thread. Here, we as a community will rank every single usable Pokemon into ranks. You're encouraged to post your thoughts and opinions on the Pokemon that are usable in the metagame and what rank they should fall under. The general idea of the topic is to rank Pokemon based on their effectiveness in the Battle Spot Doubles metagame.

VGC 18 Viability Rankings: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/vgc-2018-viability-rankings.3622041/

S Rank
Reserved for Pokemon that are amazing in the Battle Spot Doubles metagame. These Pokemon are usually able to perform a variety of roles effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and high reward exerted. Pokemon in this rank have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits.
S
Landorus-T

A Rank
Reserved for Pokemon that are fantastic in the Battle Spot Doubles metagame, and can sweep, support, or wall significant portions of the metagame. These Pokemon require less support than most others to be used effectively and have few flaws that can easily be overlooked when compared to their positive traits.
A+
Aegislash
Heatran
Mega Kangaskhan
Mega Salamence
Tapu Fini
Tapu Koko
Tapu Lele

A
Amoonguss
Celesteela
Mega Charizard Y
Cresselia

A-
Ferrothorn
Mega Gardevoir
Mega Metagross
Snorlax
Tyranitar
Zapdos

B Rank
Reserved for Pokemon that are great in the Battle Spot Doubles metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than those above them that affect how they function in the tier. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they require a bit more team support to bring out their full potential.
B+
Azumarill
Mega Gengar
Ludicolo
Mega Mawile
Milotic
Pelipper
Rotom-W
Mega Swampert
Tapu Bulu
Thundurus-T
Volcarona

B
Arcanine
Entei
Excadrill
Gastrodon

Hydreigon
Kartana
Kingdra
Politoed
Porygon2
Porygon-Z
Scrafty
Suicune
Terrakion
Togekiss
Mega Venusaur
Whimsicott

B-
Mega Abomasnow
Araquanid
Bisharp
Bronzong
Clefable
Clefairy
Conkeldurr
Drifblim
Gigalith
Gothitelle
Marowak-A
Mimikyu
Muk-A
Nihilego
Ninetales-A
Pheromosa
Rotom-H
Sylveon
Thundurus
Torkoal
Weavile

C Rank
Reserved for Pokemon that are mediocre in the Battle Spot Doubles metagame. These Pokemon have many more flaws than those above them that affect how they function in the tier. Pokemon in this rank are often outclassed by those in higher ranks. These Pokemon often require lots of team support to bring out their potential. Some Pokemon in these ranks may perform niche roles well that are only needed on specific teams.
C+
Oranguru
Breloom
Virizion
Garchomp
Gyarados
Blaziken
Persian-A
Swampert

C
Mega Gyarados
Mamoswine
Vikavolt
Drampa
Xurkitree
Crobat
Aerodactyl
Incineroar
Mudsdale
Hariyama
Magnezone
Mega Blastoise
Latios
Infernape
Buzzwole
Vanilluxe
Greninja
Eevee
Raichu-A

C-
Cradily
Jellicent
Scizor
Talonflame
Salamence
Krookodile
Mandibuzz
Sandslash-A
Mega Lucario
Salazzle
Lilligant
Cobalion
Primarina
Nidoqueen
Nidoking

D Rank
Reserved for Pokemon that are bad in the Battle Spot Doubles metagame. These Pokemon have many notable flaws that almost always outweigh their positive traits. These pokemon may perform a niche role on a single team but be useless on any other archetype.
Some examples of D Rank Pokemon:
Wigglytuff
Dewgong
mishi is bad
Flygon
Decidueye
Wishiwashi

E Rank
Reserved for Pokemon that are unviable in the Battle Spot Doubles metagame. These Pokemon have many notable flaws that always outweigh their positive traits. Pokemon in this rank should not be used on serious teams.
Some examples of E Rank Pokemon:

Pikachu
Spinda
Lurantis
Pyukumuku
Rapidash

Last edited:

Demantoid

APMS Founder
Note that C- and C ranks from last generation's thread have basically been merged into D Rank and B ranks and C+ rank have been shifted down.

1/26/17 Volcarona added to B+
2/9/17 Bronzong added to B-
9/2/17 Kangaskhan and Tapu Fini to A+
Charizard Y to A
Ferrothorn Snorlax Mega Gardevoir Tyranitar to A-
Milotic Thundurus-T Ludicolo Mega Swampert to B+
Porygon-Z Whimsicott Kartana Hydreigon Scrafty to B
Thundurus-I Bisharp Conkeldurr Gothitelle Mega Abomasnow Mimikyu Gigalith Pheromosa Drifblim to B-

Last edited:
I've been using a team of Char Y, Garchomp (tectonic rage), Aegi, Alolan Ninetales, Koko and Sylveon and it's been doing great for me. Currently ranked 4th in the US, I don't feel as though Garchomp deserves such a low ranking, it handles so many prominent threats in the meta. Why C+?

Demantoid

APMS Founder
I've been using a team of Char Y, Garchomp (tectonic rage), Aegi, Alolan Ninetales, Koko and Sylveon and it's been doing great for me. Currently ranked 4th in the US, I don't feel as though Garchomp deserves such a low ranking, it handles so many prominent threats in the meta. Why C+?
The only thing Garchomp does better than Landorus-T is check Charizard Y and Heatran better (which your team does seem to need). Garchomp isn't really a bad Pokemon but Landorus-T usually outclasses it.

The only thing Garchomp does better than Landorus-T is check Charizard Y and Heatran better (which your team does seem to need). Garchomp isn't really a bad Pokemon but Landorus-T usually outclasses it.
Yeah I can definitely see that. I think it holds some value over Lando as a better z crystal user, but overall it certainly is outclassed by lando in most ways. That being said, C+ seems a bit harsh to me. I haven't ever posted on these forms before but I guess i nominate him for a higher ranking, probably in the B range? (if that's how this works)

I've noticed that Volcarona is not in the VR. As you all know it's quite strong with a boost from Quiver Dance, and can bring out a strong Inferno Overdrive (+1, +2, ...). Also, having Milotic around really supports its offensive presence; Milotic deters Landorus-T and Salamence-Mega from switching in because Icy Wind (boosted by Competitive) guarantees their elimination. I'd say that Volcarona should definitely be in "B" at minimum.

I've noticed that Volcarona is not in the VR. As you all know it's quite strong with a boost from Quiver Dance, and can bring out a strong Inferno Overdrive (+1, +2, ...). Also, having Milotic around really supports its offensive presence; Milotic deters Landorus-T and Salamence-Mega from switching in because Icy Wind (boosted by Competitive) guarantees their elimination. I'd say that Volcarona should definitely be in "B" at minimum.
He's B+

> Cobalion actually existing on a viability ranking.
Gods what I done.

A note for Garchomp though is that it can run Fire Blast to at least tickle physically bulky Celesteela, while Landog does literally fucking nothing except deter Heavy Slam (which Rough Skin also does to a degree). And it's not like Garchomp is using Dragon STAB much in our Steel/Fairy heavy meta so it kinda does have room for it. I find that basically anything you would want to Dragon Claw just beats the hell out of it anyway, ie Mence, Hydra (loves Scarf), Cress...

As a question, is Darkrai banned from doubles? If i remember correctly he is, but it seems silly to allow creselia and ban Darkrai

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As a question, is Darkrai banned from doubles? If i remember correctly he is, but it seems silly to allow creselia and ban Darkrai
despite them being a "pair" within the game's lore; Darkrai is an event-only legend whereas Cresselia is catchable in nearly every game. Battle Spot bans event / mythical legends.

Bronzong should be added to B-. It's most notable for its un-Taunt-able Z-TR, which also boosts its accuracy. This allows Brozong to spam Hypnosis and allow its teammates to do what they needs to do. Furthermore, Hypnosis is unlike Spore, so the only Sleep check an opposing team can bring is Tapu Koko or Tapu Fini. Bronzong is definitely impacting the meta, so add it to the VR.

Demantoid

APMS Founder
Discuss the following possible changes

Mega Kangaskhan B+ -> A
Tapu Fini A- -> A
Amoonguss A- -> A
Sylveon B+ -> B-
Mimikyu C- -> C+
Mega Mawile UR -> B+
Rotom-W A- -> B+
Thundurus-T UR -> A-

Last edited:

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
Discuss the following possible changes

Mega Kangaskhan B+ -> A
Tapu Fini A- -> A
Amoonguss A- -> A
Sylveon B+ -> B-
Mimikyu C- -> C+
Mega Mawile UR -> B+
Rotom-W A- -> B+
I think A is good for Kanga since it has really high usage and Fake Out is always useful and its still threatening especially after a Power-Up Punch. A for Tapu Fini also seems good since it is also really common, especially on Kang balance teams and it's probably the best and most splashable water-type. It can run a bunch of different sets like Choice Specs, Calm Mind and defensive with swagger which makes it easy to fit on teams and really threatening. I don't think Amoon should rise because its not very common and there are a lot of offensive threats that can deal with it easily and Spore getting stopped by Misty and Electric terrain is really bad. I think Sylveon is really bad this gen since generally a Tapu is just better on your team and steels are really common this gen. It also has a terrible speedtier which allows it to be KOd really easily. Mimikyu is a really solid Trick Room setter with Mental Herb or Focus Sash so I think it could rise, but not higher since its really weak and doesn't do much else. I used Rotom-W on a sun team and I didn't think it was too good. It loses to all the Tapus and is slower and frailer than other mons it faces competition for such Zapdos and Milotic. Its unique typing is still god for some teams, but I think B+ is better.

How can Garchomp be ranked C+ when he is the most used Pokémon after Tapu Lele, Landorus-T and Tapu Koko?
Choice Scarf Garchomp can easily handle Tapu Koko, and every Garchomp set can handle Heatran and Arcanine. Also Garchomp's Held Item is pretty unpredictable because it can be a Z-move user or being Scarfed or it can even run Focus Sash! I know it is outclassed by Landorus-T but still.
Also the Description from C+ says this:

Reserved for Pokemon that are mediocre in the Battle Spot Doubles metagame. These Pokemon have many more flaws than those above them that affect how they function in the tier. Pokemon in this rank are often outclassed by those in higher ranks. These Pokemon often require lots of team support to bring out their potential. Some Pokemon in these ranks may perform niche roles well that are only needed on specific teams.
You can tell me a lot but that the the 4th most used Pokémon in the format is mediocre is a lie. Also Garchomp doesnt need much team support, and yes Garchomp is outclassed by Landorus-T but dropping him in C+ is a pretty bad decision. Nominating for A.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I do want to point out that it seems that BS dubs stats have a bit of VGC stats mixed in there for whatever reason (people hopping on the wrong ladder?). Pokemon like Arcanine or Kartana have no business being that high in usage (Arcanine's top 10 teammates are literally all VGC17 legal lol). I think usage isn't too great of an argument for this ladder.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Garchomp is outclassed completely by landorus-t and has no business being anywhere in A or B. It's only good in doubles formats where lando-t doesn't exist, like vgc14 and 17.

But still, seeing Garchomp being ranked as high as Non-Mega Swampert and Gothitelle is pretty strange.
Both Swampert and Gothitelle are good, this isn't calling Garchomp a bad pokemon in anyway.
As others have mentioned it is outclassed by Landorus-T in most cases. It does, however, have a valuable Fire resistance and >100 speed which makes it worth considering in place of Landorus-T on some Charizard-Y weak teams. I've used Garchomp to good success for this reason before.
C+ is fair.

Alright. I labbed quite a bit with Rotom-H, and now I'm ready to make my nomination.

I nominate Rotom-H from B- to B+

I know this may sound a bit radical, but offensive Rotom-H is an incredible Pokemon with a lot of potential, and has no business staying in B-, and these are the reasons.

First of all, its an Electric-type, and Electric-type Pokemon are amazing in this format. As of now, it's also the only Electric-type Pokemon who can severely harm Ferrothorn, which also has its own merit, but that's not why Rotom-H is good.

Thanks to the addition of Z-Moves, Rotom-H has gained access to a devastating Fire-type STAB that allows it to OHKO many relevant Pokemon in the metagame, while being speedy enough to outspeed big hitters like Tapu Bulu with little to no effort, without needing to lower its SpA. Rotom-H's typing and also allows it to sponge multiple hits from common threats in the metagame. Here's the amount of top tier mons it can consistently beat 1on1/ OHKO / wall / heavily damage:
  • Landorus-T
  • Aegislash
  • Mega Charizard Y
  • Heatran
  • Mega Salamence
  • Tapu Koko
  • Amoonguss
  • Celesteela
  • Thundurus-T
  • Zapdos
  • Tapu Bulu
  • Ferrothorn
If you want to calculate, here's my Rotom-H set:

Rotom-Heat @ Firium Z
Ability: Levitate
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 92 SpA / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

It should be noted that Hidden Power Ice won't OHKO Scarf Landorus-T, but Z-Overheat will. HP Ice must be used against Pokemon like Mega Salamence or Assault Vest Landorus-T, and it'll fail the OHKO as well, but none of these can easily beat Rotom-H 1v1 either. Water-type Pokemon can offer a challenge, but Rotom-H's Thunderbolt can match them for chip damage.

Rotom-H, however, suffers from an awkward speed tier and lack of recovery, which sort of stops it from being higher up. Its neutral damage output can be underwhelming sometimes, specially against Pokemon that wall Fire-types moves and aren't weak to Rotom-H's other options, like Tyranitar or Heatran. A smart player can attempt to wall Rotom-H's Inferno Overdrive with a Protect then switch to something to wall the Overheat to shake off the pressure, but exerting this pressure can lead into a positional advantage that only extremely offensive combinations can offer, which can be useful for forcing certain threats out and damage them or straight up OHKO them. If Rotom-H also has speed advantage, then the opponent will have a hard time surviving.

Two Pokemon that I'd like to make a point to rise a tier are Araquanid and Kartana. Lots of CHALK based teams now are dropping Amoonguss, and Araquanid straight up murders Heatran and Landorus, as well as Kangaskhan with a well timed Hydro Vortex. Cresselia can't really touch it, and it can hit the increasingly popular Tapu Fini with Poison Jab for decent damage. It all gets Bug Bite as a unique utility for stealing berries off of Pokemon that commonly have FIWAM berries such as Snorlax or Cresselia. It also puts in WORK vs Sand cores and overall is just a menace to play against unless your opponent has significant TR checks

Kartana is another one that hasn't seen much usage at the top level and I'm not sure why. Kartana hits the opposite of the speed spectrum, even outrunning Terrakion by a point. It's not splashable by any means, but it constantly pressures Tapu Fini and Tapu Lele, while also removing bulky waters i.e. Suicune and hits Kangaskhan, Heatran, Hydreigon, Tyranitar, Excadrill, etc for >50% with Sacred Sword. The Z Move sets are almost like a guaranteed nuke that can allow Kartana to pick up an easy beast boost and snowball out of control if its partners can deal with the opponent's special attackers.

I'd like to see Araquanid in B+
and Kartana rising to B rank

Alright. I labbed quite a bit with Rotom-H, and now I'm ready to make my nomination.

I know this may sound a bit radical, but offensive Rotom-H is an incredible Pokemon with a lot of potential, and has no business staying in B-, and these are the reasons.

First of all, its an Electric-type, and Electric-type Pokemon are amazing in this format. As of now, it's also the only Electric-type Pokemon who can severely harm Ferrothorn, which also has its own merit, but that's not why Rotom-H is good.

Thanks to the addition of Z-Moves, Rotom-H has gained access to a devastating Fire-type STAB that allows it to OHKO many relevant Pokemon in the metagame, while being speedy enough to outspeed big hitters like Tapu Bulu with little to no effort, without needing to lower its SpA. Rotom-H's typing and also allows it to sponge multiple hits from common threats in the metagame. Here's the amount of top tier mons it can consistently beat 1on1/ OHKO / wall / heavily damage:
  • Landorus-T
  • Aegislash
  • Mega Charizard Y
  • Heatran
  • Mega Salamence
  • Tapu Koko
  • Amoonguss
  • Celesteela
  • Thundurus-T
  • Zapdos
  • Tapu Bulu
  • Ferrothorn
MegaGross is also relevent to obliterate without needing to cripple yourself. That thing adores Tapus. Also puts decent pressure on Tapu Fini, your spread 2HKOs 252/4 sets.
Landog I've never been confident with however, Rock Slide and the not-so-rare AV sets just shit all over it. Landog cannot ignore Rotom-H, that is certain, but Rotom-H is in a really bad pickle if you don't outspeed.
God damn it this makes me want to find the EZ bake and try this. I thrived on Expert Belt but this has me legitimately interested.

MegaGross is also relevent to obliterate without needing to cripple yourself. That thing adores Tapus. Also puts decent pressure on Tapu Fini, your spread 2HKOs 252/4 sets.
Landog I've never been confident with however, Rock Slide and the not-so-rare AV sets just shit all over it. Landog cannot ignore Rotom-H, that is certain, but Rotom-H is in a really bad pickle if you don't outspeed.
God damn it this makes me want to find the EZ bake and try this. I thrived on Expert Belt but this has me legitimately interested.
My spread was an odds management kind of spread. It minimizes the chances of a 252+ Landorus-T that outspeeds me beating Rotom-H 1v1 by a significant amount (252+ Atk Landorus-T Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 20 Def Rotom-H: 70-84 (44.5 - 53.5%) -- 27.7% chance to 2HKO) while also allowing it to beat the slower variants 100% of the time. HP Ice will almost always 2HKO AV Landorus-T UNLESS they invest enough in bulk to the point where HP Ice has a chance to 2HKO, but that benefits me in terms of speed. Furthermore, I took into account Rock Slide's known nature of being COMPLETELY RNG dependant and even then, Rotom-H has the upper hand (This actually made me want to try Continental Crush Garchomp lol). So, my Rotom-H will most of the time perform at the adequate level against Landoge.
(Besides, my team has like 4 different checks to it so fuck Landorus lol)

• Landorus-T
  • Aegislash
  • Mega Charizard Y
  • Heatran
  • Mega Salamence
  • Tapu Koko
  • Amoonguss
  • Celesteela
  • Thundurus-T
  • Zapdos
  • Tapu Bulu
  • Ferrothorn
If you want to calculate, here's my Rotom-H set:

Rotom-Heat @ Firium Z
Ability: Levitate
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 92 SpA / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

It should be noted that Hidden Power Ice won't OHKO Scarf Landorus-T, but Z-Overheat will. HP Ice must be used against Pokemon like Mega Salamence or Assault Vest Landorus-T, and it'll fail the OHKO as well, but none of these can easily beat Rotom-H 1v1 either. Water-type Pokemon can offer a challenge, but Rotom-H's Thunderbolt can match them for chip damage.

Rotom-H, however, suffers from an awkward speed tier and lack of recovery, which sort of stops it from being higher up. Its neutral damage output can be underwhelming sometimes, specially against Pokemon that wall Fire-types moves and aren't weak to Rotom-H's other options, like Tyranitar or Heatran. A smart player can attempt to wall Rotom-H's Inferno Overdrive with a Protect then switch to something to wall the Overheat to shake off the pressure, but exerting this pressure can lead into a positional advantage that only extremely offensive combinations can offer, which can be useful for forcing certain threats out and damage them or straight up OHKO them. If Rotom-H also has speed advantage, then the opponent will have a hard time surviving.
Steven, my main man, tell people the truth of Rotom-H in Doubles. I, too, have been using Rotom-H on a team that Steven Stone has posted. It's incredible Z-Power, excellent offensive/defensive typing/stats/ability, as well as it's fantastic coverage make Rotom-H a force to be reckoned with. It struggles against teams that utilize Cresselia as a support/TR, but it's team mates can make up for that. Dark types are not as amazing as they were last gen due to the addition of fast Fairy types, so an excellent anti-Cress partner for Rotom-H is LO Gengar, Z-Move Gengar, and Mega Gengar. Z-Shadow Ball Gengar has the damage calc of 252 SpA Gengar Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Cresselia: 218-258 (96 - 113.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO vs the typical Cresselia. While this does sacrifice Rotom's new power in Z-Overheat, it can make up for one of his glaring weaknesses. Other problems are T-Tar, but Tapu Fini is also on the list of Rotom-H's allies. I highly recommend using Rotom-H more, and seeing how much of an improvement a drawback free Overheat can be.

Attachments

Last edited:

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
I think in light of this being the last few months of BSD until Ultra S&M is released and changes legalities and introduces new tutors / Z-Moves / Formes, the VR deserves to see an update!

Here are some talking points to generate some BSD forum discussion:
  • Mega Kangaskhan: A -> A+
Kangaskhan is still the most prominent Mega Pokemon in the tier, and Cresselia / M-Kangaskhan / Landorus / Tapu Fini based balance cores are still really strong! Mega Kangaskhan deserves to still be in the talk for the title of the best Mega in the game.
  • Mega Gardevoir: UR (Unreleased) -> A- / B+
  • Mega Swampert: UR (Unreleased) -> A- / B+
Swampertite is now released and this Pokemon is much better off than in ORAS, due to the new Mega Evolution speed recalculation mechanic. It can gain the Swift Swim speed boost turn 1 without protecting, and that makes Mega Swampert give out more pressure from turn 1. B+ is the same tier as M-Mawile, which is a fair comparison because both has similar potential to really pop off and take over the game, but their dominance is conditional.
  • Mega Abomasnow: UR (Unreleased) -> B / B-
  • Mega Camerupt: UR (Unreleased) -> B-
  • Tapu Lele: A+ -> A
Tapu Lele is higher ranked than Tapu Fini right now, but this is pretty sketchy. Lele usage is highly concentrated on Tailwind beatdown teams or with Mega Metagross. This makes her a lot less flexible than Pokemon in A+, almost all of which can work on just about any team with any partners.
  • Celesteela: A -> A-
This kind of feels passive but this and gets throttled by the Electrics and Fires and Rain that's very common, and most teams are instead opting to use Aegislash / Ferrothorn as their Steel-type of choice, for their offensive presence. This is still very good but is a step below Cress / Fini / Amoonguss.
  • Ferrothorn: B+ -> A-
Ferrothorn has been gaining a lot of popularity for serving as a Rain check, Lele / Gross check, and Kang / Fini check rolled into 1. It hits quite hard for a bulky Pokemon, and can win matches on its own. However, it has matchup issues with the weakness to common Fighting- and Fire-type moves. For prepared opponents, Ferrothorn is easily beat with the correct matchup or tech move. Still, the fact that it forces your opponent to bring certain Pokemon just by showing itself in team preview makes it a top-tier cheerleader and role player.
  • Hydreigon: B+ -> B / B-
Hydreigon is very hard to use. Dark-type is a great neutral attacking type, but with its Draco Meteor often neutralized by Fairies and Misty Terrain, Hydreigon finds itself struggling against the general field. As a result, Hydreigon ends up a highly specialized bench player picked against certain matchup for the Speed advantage with either Tailwind, or with Scarf set which gives speed safety net and U-turn utility for better control of weather and Terrain.
  • Conkeldurr: B+ -> B
  • Bisharp: B+ -> B
  • Scrafty C+ -> B-
  • Gothitelle: C+ -> B / B-
  • Snorlax: C+ -> B+ / B
Snorlax is a threat in Doubles matches.
  • Hawlucha: UR -> B-
  • Smeargle: UR -> C+
Some missing supporter Pokemon that I believe is too good in the Metagame to be left out, but I know that if you really wanted to be thorough the C / C- tiers would be filled with boatloads of usable-but-niche mons, so I'm not really gonna bother too much below that!

Feel free to tell me why some of these changes are bad!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)