Doubles Council Office Tour [Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hi everyone! Thanks for your help with the receipt—it turns out it was indeed pretty hard to decipher, so I'm glad I had all of you guys to figure it out for me! Here's how the receipt worked:

Each of the unit descriptions on the left-hand side of the receipt clued a different Pokemon ability. Furthermore, reading down the first letters of each unit description spelt out USE INDEX NUMBERS, a hint to convert each of the abilities into their respective index numbers. Performing the relevant additions or subtractions from the right-hand side of the list gave an entirely new set of numbers; when converted back into their respective abilities, the first letter of each ability spelt out CHANGE LEVEL'S AVI. Apparently this means that kamikaze bought over the rights to my avatar for a week to give away as a prize. Uh-oh.

Special thanks to Team gay, Team yuki nagato is best girl and Team Two Ms and a Tree for being the first three teams to figure out what the prize was! I'll reward you by answering an extra question from each team during the tour :)

Er, in other news, I might need some help again. I got this rather shifty set of instructions, and I'm supposed to insert it here so everyone can find their way here on the day of the tour. Trouble is, I have no idea what they mean, and I've forgotten the alternate route to the office, since I work from home all the time. I'm personally going to escape the responsibility of figuring this out, so if anyone could find the key to solving this and could figure out where the directions point it'd be much appreciated.
  1. Begin at intersection of X Street and E Road.
  2. Travel up X Street to Z Road, then up Z Road to K Street.
  3. Travel along K Street to R Road, then a block down R Road.
  4. Travel up F Road to Q Street, then along Q Street to the intersection with I Road.
  5. Travel 3 blocks up W Street.
  6. Travel 2 blocks up P Street. You're here!
=====================

Mass tagging everyone who's signed up so far. I need to get directions out a few days before the tour so please let me know by PM on Smogon or Discord if you figure out where the directions lead by 29 Nov midnight GMT-4. Thanks!

Team Megumin Best Girl: qsns, Elise, Kaori
Team Two Ms and a Tree: Mizuhime, talkingtree, MajorBowman
Team yuki nagato is best girl: marilli, shaian, miltankmilk
Team Berkeley: Psynergy, nvakna, kamikaze
Team Some Crappy Yoda Pun: Paraplegic, GenOne, Yoda2798
Team Mishi Society: Mishimono, Demantoid, Z strats
Team "The Hottest In Competitive Competitions" a.k.a Team ㄒ卄丨匚匚: BlueSkiddo, Yellow Paint, thebagman
Team Mega Tar best girl: AuraRayquaza, DaAwesomeDude1, Nido-Rus
Team watchog is thicc: Watchog, cyanize, Matame
Team gay: finally, Checkmater, Hashtag
Team mtar is whack: Frania, Arcticblast, Heliodor
Team Alolan Bass Eaters: Caasi, Toxigen, zikam
Team disgusting fat sweaty weebs: Rwby, Taskr, LordST
Team One M and That's It: Memoric
Team Pineapple on Pizza: cant say, Solerme, NOVED
Level 51 Appreciation Team: DragonWhale, Jhon, chemcoop
cult of qsns: deoxys speed, Colbrushie
Team report my teammates: Play on Birds

(P.S.: signups are still open for the tour! don't let this end your interest!)

Last edited:

Level 51

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Only two teams have solved the directions puzzle, so I'm going to extend the deadline for the puzzle to just before the tour officially opens. The new deadline is 9am GMT-4 on 2 Dec.

Level 51

Congratulations to Team yuki nagato is best girl and Team gay for solving Teaser 2!

As hinted in the flavour text ("shifty", "insert", "alternate", "escape", "key"), the puzzle is actually referring to a keyboard, with the "streets" referring to rows (keys across the keyboard) and the "roads" referring to columns (going down the keyboard). This would explain why the instructions could be hard to decipher on a phone, since most phones lay out their keys differently:

Therefore, in the instructions below, "[letter] Street" refers to the row containing [letter], while "[letter] Road" refers to the column containing [letter]. The "intersection of X Street and E Road", for example, is C, since it lies on the same row as X and the same column as E.

As shown above (black -> red -> orange -> green -> blue), following the instructions lands the user at one letter each step, spelling out CAVITE. The office is indeed situated in Memoric's home state of Cavite in the Philippines, to make it easier for him to commute there! (He can't exactly trade bags of wheat for plane tickets to the US.)

I hope everyone enjoyed trying the teasers—their main purpose was to allow everyone to get a feel for what would be involved in the actual event. Signups will remain open until the office tour starts on 2nd December at 2:00pm UTC, and I hope everyone's ready for the actual event because we'll be playing for real stakes this time! Stay tuned...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)