SM OU Double fairy BO (peaked #76)

Hello everyone!

This is my first RMT and it's about the best team I made in SM OU so far and is has given me a lot of succes in the ladder (first time I reach top 100).
I decided to RMT this yo share the team and because it is very similar to this http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/m-diancie-offense.3616635/ and I want to show my version.

TEAMBULDING:

I started the team with taunt magma heatran because dug is gone and it can trap chansey and toxapex wich is huge.

Then i added mega diancie because it really benefits of heatran's trapping abilities.

The next member is ferrothorn because I needed a water and electric resist, a decent lele switchin (heatran is offensive), and also because spikes.

The team didn't have a ground inmunity and I wanted a rocker, so landorus-therian was the best option.

Diancie really apriciates having magearna weakened, so i added specs keldeo as a lure. It is also a good walbreaker and a secondary water resist.

The team was really slow, and medicham and lopunny gave me a lot of trouble, so (scarf) lele was chosen as the last member.

THE TEAM:

Heatran @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

This heatran's goal is to trap and kill some thigs that think they are safe swithching into it, like chansey. Magma storm is the main stab and it is useful to trap things, earth power is a good coverage move, taunt helps versus chansey, pex and clefa and toxic is good to hit switch ins like zygarde and keldeo. The item is good against sableye, zapdos , mew and a few other things. It also doesn't miss and hits like a truck when boosted by flash fire.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Diancie is the mega of the team and also a wallbreaker. The set is 4 atacks because i feel that it's the best set and fits very well in this team. Diamond storm and moonblast are self-explanatory, earth power OHKOes heatran and hits toxapex and magearna for good damage (pex can be 2HKOed with hazards). Hp fire hits ferrothorn and scizor, so lele can spam its stabs later.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn is the first defensive pokemon in the team, and it's the more specially defensive one. This ev spread lets ferro take better on ash gren and special atackers in gereral (it takes arround 60% from lele's hp fire and it lives mag's all out pumelling). Leech seed is for recovery and to annoy things like tran, spikes is the second best move in the game, power whip OHKOes gren and hits decently hard, and gyro is for fairies.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
Lando is the phisical wall of the team. Leftovers over helmet because zygarde, although you can use helmet if you want to. The evs let lando outspeed magearna while retaining its bulk. Stealth rock is the best atack is the game, eq is the stab, hp ice hits other landorus-therian and other x4 weak mons, and u turn gives momentum. You can use toxic protect, but i am not a huge fan of that set.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Keldeo is the second wallbreaker of the team, and it can go crazy if you trap the fini/toxapex with heatran. Choice specs gives keldeo a lot of power (if you don't resist both stabs, you can't switch in well). Scald is the safe water stab and it can burn, secret sword is the fighting stab and it hits on the phisical side, hydro pump is super strong with the specs, and hp electric hits waters like pelipper, mantine, fini and pex.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast
Tapu Lele is the revenge killer and the main win condition of the team. In a lot of games you can weaken the psychic/fairy resist with diancie and just sweep with lele. Psychic hits insanely hard, moonblast is another stab that also hits darks, hp fire helps to check scizor and to hit ferrothorn, and focus miss hits heatran.

THREATS:
Medicham has no switchins, so it kills 1 every time it comes in unless you outplay it (lele can switch in once). Manectric can also be dangerous, but heatran and lele avoid the 2HKO (barely). Volcarona and Zard Y are very threatning depending on the set, but they are playable arround. Other specs keldeos can be difficult to handle. Slurpuff lol.

IMPORTABLE:https://pokepast.es/cb466bca7c22beaa

Last edited:
Hey really cool team you've got here overall really nice synergy, though i can see a few things you may want to change. For instance because your defensive bone is fixed on either being specially or physically defensive it does make the team vulnerable. Zygarde would have a much easier time breaking through landorus due to having less defense evs etc.

• First of all i want to suggest making keldeo choice scarf this alleviates your charizard y and volcarona weakness as it can easily revenge kill them. To do this stone edge > hidden power electric is adviced and also a hasty > timid nature. Also add the 31 atk evs incase you forget to change that.

• Next I think you should use Mew > Tapu Lele as it deals with medicham and lopunny. You also aren't that threatened by scizor BP as you have heatran heart and ferrothorn as suitable answers. Mew also gives you hazard removal as switching directly into diancie isn't always the best choice. It also means landorus isn't as pressure to deal with offensive threats such as zygarde which mew beats.
  • Next I don't really see the point of the lando speed evs unless you take advantage by doubling on a mag switch and expect you to be slower when you reveal leftovers. If through testing you have found it has been successful then keep running it but I think the standard ev spread could be better. Same goes with ferrothorn if the ev spread works then that's fine otherwise try standard ev spread.
Other than that i don't see anything else to change. I have removed some of your offensive pressure with lele gone but the combo of diancie and heatran should be enough to let keldeo sweep. Of course these changes are optional. I'm on my phone so I can't provide images or imports right now though i assume your capable of finding them with your experience, if not I'll send them later :)

Hey really cool team you've got here overall really nice synergy, though i can see a few things you may want to change. For instance because your defensive bone is fixed on either being specially or physically defensive it does make the team vulnerable. Zygarde would have a much easier time breaking through landorus due to having less defense evs etc.

• First of all i want to suggest making keldeo choice scarf this alleviates your charizard y and volcarona weakness as it can easily revenge kill them. To do this stone edge > hidden power electric is adviced and also a hasty > timid nature. Also add the 31 atk evs incase you forget to change that.

• Next I think you should use Mew > Tapu Lele as it deals with medicham and lopunny. You also aren't that threatened by scizor BP as you have heatran heart and ferrothorn as suitable answers. Mew also gives you hazard removal as switching directly into diancie isn't always the best choice. It also means landorus isn't as pressure to deal with offensive threats such as zygarde which mew beats.
  • Next I don't really see the point of the lando speed evs unless you take advantage by doubling on a mag switch and expect you to be slower when you reveal leftovers. If through testing you have found it has been successful then keep running it but I think the standard ev spread could be better. Same goes with ferrothorn if the ev spread works then that's fine otherwise try standard ev spread.
Other than that i don't see anything else to change. I have removed some of your offensive pressure with lele gone but the combo of diancie and heatran should be enough to let keldeo sweep. Of course these changes are optional. I'm on my phone so I can't provide images or imports right now though i assume your capable of finding them with your experience, if not I'll send them later :)
Thanks for the coment! :toast:

Running mew is a good option but I think that it would be a balanced team instead of an offensive one. One of the main ways this team works is by overwhelming the walls with 3 powerful breakers and then sweeping with lele. With mew and scarf keldeo the team loses a lot of offensive presence. (Still a fine option)
I also tought about running scarf keld and specs lele, but the team worked so well that I don't want to change it
Talking about lando's evs, I'm not sure if it is worth it to outspeed magearna. At first glance it seemed optimal, but sometimes I want to take hits better (still you should use some more speed than standard because you can hp ice first). On the other hand, the ferro spread is the best one I've used in SM imo. It isn't 3HKOed by greninja's dark pulse pre transform, it takes hp fires like nothing, it checks magearna so much better and the things that you want to check with the phisical defense are already checked by lando (and it still has enough phis def to avoid the 2HKO of +1 zygarde's 1k arrows for example)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)