Monotype Dark Storm- Hyper Offense Dark Team.

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

***Introduction***
Hello everyone! This is Alpha-Harpreet here with a 4th RMT, this time the team I made is Hyper offense Dark, something which I have really enjoyed using whether it is on ladder or vs friends.I was able to reach a decent elo ranking on ladder with this team however I intend to make that peak higher so I need some feedback on the team since it is an HO team it has its own match ups where it excels and it struggles,regardless the team is very very fun to use for me and I would like to know feedback on the team to improve its further,here it is Dark Storm!
Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Bisharp @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Extrasensory

Since I wanted to build HO dark team, I started with lead krookodile to provide stealth rock and other utility support in the form of knock off and taunt.

Next I added in Mega sharpedo as it is a very good cleaner late game and excels in Hyper offensive archetypes.

After adding Mega sharpedo, I added in Hydreigon to compliment mega sharpedo as Hydreigon is a special wall breaker.

To form a wall breaking core, I added in Choice banded tyranitar on the team as a counter part to specs hydreigon.

After having Wall breakers and cleaner on the team,I opted for bisharp as a set up sweeper of the team that also takes care of slow fairy types for the team.

Lastly I added Greninja with a scarf set as a speed control and revenge killer for the team. Its an excellent revenge killer due to its exceptional coverage.

***The Team****
Krookodile @ Focus Sash

Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
Stealth Rock
Taunt
Earthquake
Knock Off
Lead Krookodile set. Focus sash ensures that it can get up stealth rock most of the time. Taunt is used to stop opposing leads from setting up and it also stops defog users such as zapdos. Knock off has great utility as it cripples item reliant pokemon such as chansey or porygon2 and makes dealing with such pokemon easier. Earthquake being a stab move hits reasonably hard and dents most neutral targets. Intimidate ability is used to deter physical attackers while allowing it to tank some hits on the physical side.
Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite

Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
Protect
Crunch
Psychic Fangs
Ice Fang
Mega Sharpedo acts as a cleaner on the team since it has a great pre mega ability in speed boost which allows it to clean weakened teams late game effectively. Strong jaw boosted crunch hits obscenely hard and is the most used move on the set, we have psychic fangs for fighting and poison types such as keldeo and Toxapex. Ice fang allows mega sharpedo to damage dragon types such as opposing hydreigon or garchomp which can stomach hits.Ice fang also does reasonable damage to mega altaria which is a huge threat to this team.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Draco Meteor
Dark Pulse
Fire Blast
U-turn
Hydreigon is the special wall breaker of the team with a choice specs set. Specs boosted draco meteor hits like a nuke and blows most walls bar chansey. Dark pulse is the other stab move that has good coverage along with draco meteor and is used to clean late game as it does not incurs stat drop like draco meteor. Fire blast is used for roasting steel types such as celesteela, Ferrothorn and skarmory. Lastly U-turn is used to again momentum for the team and acts as a pivot.
Tyranitar @ Choice Band

Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
Stone Edge
Crunch
Earthquake
Pursuit
Tyranitar is the physical wall breaker on the team as a choice band tyranitar turns it into a powerful wall breaker that is very hard to wall. Stone edge is the main move on the set that deals huge damage if it hits, its accuracy can be an issue in clutch though! Crunch is the other reliable stab move that is used to hit neutral targets safely without risking a miss unlike stone edge. Earthquake has great coverage along with stone edge and is used to hit pokemon such as toxapex and Mega Diancie. Lastly pursuit is used to trap and damage pokemon that switch out vs tyranitar making them severely weak. Adamant nature is used for more power.
Bisharp @ Darkinium Z

Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Iron Head
Knock Off
Bisharp is the set up sweeper on the team sporting a darkinium Z to blow past its would be checks such as skarmory or toxapex at +2. Bisharp puts good work vs fairy types such as clefable and Azumarill thanks to its Steel stab move in Iron head. Swords dance turns bisharp into a threatening sweeper or wall breaker. knock off provides utility while also crippling pokemon that rely on items. Sucker punch is used to take out faster threats. Jolly nature is used because it outspeed Adamant diggersby and Adamant Mega Altaria while having a speed tie with choice banded Dragonite.

Greninja @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Gunk Shot
Extrasensory
Greninja is the speed control of the team that deals with a variety of threats to HO dark teams such as Tapu koko,Mega Altaria, Excadrill,Keldeo etc. Hydro pump is used to hit targets neutrally hard as it is the strongest move on the set. Ice beam is used for dragon and flying types such as Mega altaria as greninja with a scarf outspeeds Mega altaria at +1.Gunk shot is used for fairy types such as tapu bulu, azumarill and clefable.Lastly I have extrasensory on the set to deal with fighting types such as Mega lopunny and Keldeo.
: Fighting types like keldeo or mega loppuny are a HUGE threat to this team, Mega lopunny basically gets kill every time it comes in, I have to play magically to revenge kill it with greninja or take it out with mega sharpedo. Breloom is much bigger threat since it has priority mach punch which takes out pokemon on the team before I can take breloom out. Scarf infernape is a threat as well.
: Fairy types like Mega diancie and Tapu fini are other big threats that can be hard to take down, Tapu fini in particular is hard to take down because of its good natural bulk.
: Bug types like Heracross are a nuisance to the team as with sticky web support it wrecks a havoc on the team.

Shoutout~
A big shoutout to Moosical for making the lovely banner for this RMT, thank you!
Conclusion~
I hope you all enjoyed reading about my team. I seek constructive criticism on the team to improve it further. Offense is generally not my playstyle however it is fun using HO builds. Thank you for reading and feel free to use the team if you want to!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)