SM OU Dark-Fight-Psy and Steel-Fairy-Dragon core

This team is based around having the Dark-Fighting-Psychic core, as well as Steel, Dragon, and Fairy. This team is a bit of a mixed OU team, with some pokemon being in much lower tiers. I have played with this team and gotten to 1300 on pokemon showdown.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Evs: 224 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
Ivs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

Originally I wanted the dark team on my team to be the main sweeper. However I scraped the idea in favor of running Muk with excellent assault vest potential. However this made my team weak to Garchomp and set up Lando, so I went down a tier and chose Mandibuzz. The role of Mandibuzz is to be utility. My team does switch around a lot, Defog was a must have. Foul Play is mainly for chip damage, but can handle the Landorus and the Garchomp my team is weak too. It can also be a good switch perdiction to do decent damage on Kyruem B, banded Staraptor, Mega Lopunny, and much more. Finally Toxic is used to break down set up mons and walls such as mega Slowbrow, Tangrowth, Mew, and when I am lucky double dance Lando. Roost is vital for stalling out and regaining health. The ev spread allows it to tank some hits on both sides and the speed allows it to get a quick Roost or Toxic off if it were to outspeed. Bold nature was what I went with because other mons on my team are more specially defensive anyways

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy​
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Now for a fighting type, Lopunny was my first choice. It is a pretty standard set, but I will explain the best I can. Fake out is used for chip damage, but can do a lot of damage to Gengar, decent damage to a specially defensive Clefable, and Gallade. HJK is the main source of damage and breaks down defensive walls that do not resist such as Skarmary, defensive Lando, and defensive Garchomp. Ice Punch provides coverage to Garchomp and Lando that otherwise haunts this team. Now Return was going to be my last slot, but while climbing I started to see a lot more Mega Charizard Y and chople berry Ferrothorn. Fire Punch can help take care of Ferrothorn and Tangrowth, while taking advantage of the sun. Also I feel the coverage is a lot better for steel stypes, especially Scizor.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave

Now to wrap up the primary core I decided to go with Mew at first, but Jirachi fit better in this time as it both completes the first core and starts the second core. Now the EV spread is the smogon recommended one that allows Jirachi to outspeed tanks and take special hits. Rocks really help this team a lot by providing much needed chip support, but can also provide a distraction for the opponent and waste a turn to get rid of it. I decided to go for a t-wave-Iron Head combo just to help paraflinch out any weather or just counter Clefable. U-Turn acts as a good pivot as having a slower U-Turn pokemon provide a safe switch in.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
Evs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

For the fairy type of my core I decided to go with the set up countering Clefable. Now this team has trouble dealing with scarf users and set up users. Now Clefable can not hanlde all scarf users, but set up mons fear this set. Not only can it handle most pokemon that get greedy, but Clefable serves as a WishBell cleric, able to clesr statuses from pesky Sabeleye, Whimsicott, Klefki, and any prankster mons in general. Protect is good to check intentions, and heal up from Wish or Leftovers.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-Turn

Now this mon right here is in my opinion one of the best choice users with many possibilities. I opted for a scarf set as other scarf users really do a number on this team. Now a modest set was my original plan, but because other scarf users outspeed Hydreigon I went with timid to outspeed more threats.
Draco Meteor shatters walls and does decent damage against mons who would other wise resist it or take it really well. Dark pulse for secondary stab hits psychic types, namely Mega Alakasm which can be deadly. Fire Blast is there for coverage for Tangrowth, Skarmary, and Ferrothorn which takes Dracos and Dark Pulsd up the wazoo. U Turn is there for more pivoting and because my team needed a more faster U-Turn user to set up plays.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 Hp / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Substitute
- Leaf Storm
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power Fire

Serperior was a last minute addition to the team as there was a big need for a set up sweeper. This grass snake is good for any moment in the game, as long as threats like Heatran are taken care of. Hidden Power Fire is good for coverage and Leaf Storm is there to boost special attack. Now sub leech seed was something a person while I was battling suggested as Serperior can take a few hits well and can utilize these two moves for bulk. Did a few battles and this gave my sweeper some much needed staying power.

Threats to the team:

Pelliper: This mon is not a huge threat, but does provide a hassal for my team with very few ways to work around it. Mostly defensive Pelliper is what gives this team trouble as offensive ones get shut down with a couple fake out's.

Mega Charizard Y: Weather in general works this team over as I could never really benefit or use it to my advantage. Now a modest fire blast from Charizard hurts even Clefable and Mandibuzz

Garchomp/Lando: These two can set up and sweep my team or scarf and be deadly revenge killers that can counter even the mons I usually use to take care of them.

Set Up: My team can not handle the big number of stats that these mons get too. Hydreigon and Lopunny can sometimes get rid of them, but Hydreigon is more of a revenge killer and Lopunny has mostly contacg moves which makes her subject to rocky helmet.

Mega Sabeleye: Once Clefable is gone thos thing stomps on my team. Lopunny can not OHKO and once will o wisped I have a crippled Mega. This thing can just calm mind recover stall it's way up and dark pulse everything into oblivion

Fire Types: Now this team just can not keep up with fire types. Notable ones are Arcanine, and Heatran.

These were all the threats I have come across. Sure there might be more, but these were the only ones I noticed right away.​

First of I see you are extremely weak to Ice and fairy and your only real switch in being Jirachi. Sure clefable can switch into these moves but it won't appreciate it as much. I will not tear away what you are aiming for, running two cores. Though I would suggest sticking to one and making the other three pokemon help support your core and stop pokemon that can break it. I would suggest looking what your team is weak to and find pokemon which can wall that threat

Ok, first off, if you want to keep these two cores you need to add a reliable fairy switch in. Magearna and all the Tapus destroy your team.

Changes keeping the core:

Jirachi -----> Ferrothorn/Celesteela:
Jirachi is cool and all but you need more bulk than just Clefable. If you go Ferrothorn, Bulu still kills you with a +2 Superpower, but it walls Koko and Fini. Lele can run Focus Blast. It also is an amazing defensive pivot and can set up spikes as well as rocks. Celesteela however walls EVERY tapu barring Koko. Basically, if you go Ferrothorn, add a Bulu answer. If you go Celesteela, add a Koko answer.

Mandibuzz -----> Banded Weavile: I feel Mandibuzz isn't a good fit on your team. It looks, off. Anyway, Banded Weavile deals with your Lando issue even better and still provides a dark type. It also reliably kills Bulu if you go Ferrothorn. Obviously, this leaves you without a defogger, and now we fix that.

Hydreigon -----> Latios: Gives you the psychic type after Jirachi leaves, also gives you another defogger. Obviously you still need to play around the Tapus, but you have a solid Bulu counter and a solid Fini counter. Magearna isn't as big of a threat seeing you have unaware Clef, but Lele and Koko can still do damage. Serp is decent for Koko, but Koko does have access to Brave Bird.

Those are my suggestions if you want to keep the core. Let me know if these worked :D

First of I see you are extremely weak to Ice and fairy and your only real switch in being Jirachi. Sure clefable can switch into these moves but it won't appreciate it as much. I will not tear away what you are aiming for, running two cores. Though I would suggest sticking to one and making the other three pokemon help support your core and stop pokemon that can break it. I would suggest looking what your team is weak to and find pokemon which can wall that threat
Thanka for the advice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)