"Custom Tier" for Tournament - Opinions?

Hey, I have a humble group on facebook (this is not to advertise, and so I will not mention the name) and I want to host a tournament on showdown, but something other than OU or other standard tiers to make things interesting. My idea is a "fossil tier" which would include all fossil pokemon, along with laydol, Cofagrigus, Druddigon, Jellicent, Barbaracle, Corsola, Kingler, Kingdra, Lapras, Lunatone, Solrock, Gorebyss, Huntail, Octillery, Relicanth, Yanmega, Unown, Regice, Regirock, and Registeel, as well as (pre)evolutions of these pokemon. Rules would be the same as OU, except no mega evolution. I was also thinking of making it 3v3, due to fewer choices. Opinions? Suggestions? Does this seem fairly balanced? Is this lame?

Sounds like a great idea, I doubt anyone would have any qualms about you linking or mentioning your Facebook group as the pokemon community is always looking to expand :]

I can see mega aerodactyl being a huge force in your tier and also huntail/gorebyss shell smash passing will be a good tactic too. I love the idea although keeping it strictly fossil mons would be a bit too restrictive so you made a good call including those other pokemon.

Also 3v3 would probably be the best format since there's a limited amount of pokemon smaller teams allow for more diversity.

You can just play this in standard OU so it seems really pointless to make a challenge option just to play a meta you can play in OU, also I don't think anyone wants to cater to your facebook group so sorry about that. There is also a micro metagame called fossilmons. (look Arhops someone to play your meta!)

You can play this format under the OU option when challenging someone, a specific tier won't be coded in but as long as all the participants are clear on your rules the tournament should go smoothly using the OU format

Yeah, that's what I intended. I figure I will just require each match to be saved so I can watch. As for catering to my group, the people in my group seem to like the idea so far. I am just posting here for additional comments/ideas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)