Other Metagames Curtain call, a 1v1 RMT. (Peaked #1)

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
If you haven't guessed from the name it's goodbye 1v1. I have decided to stop after realising Hax was bullshit, and laddering sucks, so im retiring this team. I've been playing 1v1 for a long time, been on PS even longer, since the days of lobby being the only room. I made a ton of friends and eventually decided I preferred OMs to OU after I went 59-60 in Ou(best record ever amirite) so I tried other metas. While playing BH (balanced hackmons) I clicked a users name accidentally, E4 Flint , and I saw a hyperlink to "other metas" I clicked that link, and ever since then ive been an avid other metas player. I gave up BH after assist was banned, cause I found spamming that broken shit to get high on the ladder fun, and I heard someone say 1v1 was easy to peak high on and get good at. So I started 1v1 roughly 3 years and a bit ago, needless to say I enjoyed it and continued playing it. So I've been perfecting my teams, trying different things and combinations (I even tried a sunkern FEAR set once) and I nyever had a set combination of mons and sets. And then I decided after missing 5 hyper beams and a psyshock in 1 game. That made me realise I had enough of laddering, done, nada, finished. So I made this rmt to show off the best thing I made, which against all the hAx ive ever faced (and done myself) has proven to be chopped and changed, yet always better than the comp. So without further ado I present.... The best team ever made by me, my most successful team, curtain call!!!!!!

Curtain call

Team building process:
So I thought about what mons I wanted to use and what worked in the 1v1 metagame, and I decided on my trademark mon, FEAR sunkern! No I didn't that set was the shittiest shit ever. I actually started off with my mega Aggron metal burst set, which could consistently beat the whole of the S rank mons most generic sets. So member 1: swaggron.

So I realised after adding Aggron that there were some obscure/shit Cteam sets for Aggron, and a number of time I got lured by specs focus miss kyurem-black. So I decided upon everybody's favourite mon (credit to The Immortal for this set, im not taking credit for this shitball pink mon lol) chansey.

Then for the third mon, I wanted a way to Counter speed based sleep strats, see; Breloom, smeargle. Also a way to beat victini, Mence, other zards, without prediction/misses(fucking head smash) so I added sub willo zard X which can also beat Aron and other fear steels without parahax. (Chansey!) so yeah this is effectively a glue mon, which is isnt too shabby itself.

In detail analysis:

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Head Smash
- Metal Burst

So, the man himself, mega Aggron, swaggron, legend, whatever you call him, he does his job and he does it well. With a pure steel typing upon mega evolving, and a dual typing of steel/Rock pre mega evolution, he goes from, shitty---> good, in terms of typing, although sturdy allows him to take advantage of his shitty typing pre mega evolution. The key to this mon is using him right and knowing when to mega evolve and when to stay non mega and use sturdy+metal burst to your advantage. Or sometimes just sturdy itself, for example with a matchup versus mega charizard Y, not mega evolving and head smashing, means you ohko, while they can't ohko you due to sturdy. You also will always ohko a megazard Ŷ through a burn, which is nice. So head smash, is a very nifty move, effectively hyper beam, with rock typing and no recharge (just shit tons of recoil -_-) and it is the main damaging move of this set. Heavy slam deals with Mawile and other "light" mons. Toxic is for chansey and other mons which like to set up, putting a timer on them. Metal burst is for mons which you can't KO, but can KO you in non mega form, until you hit them with sturdy, and BOOM, they die. Against mons such as band Garchomp, which you will lose to if you mega evolve via rough skin and damage, metal burst allows you to OHKO back, withhout making contact. If you suspect an eq coming in, just don't mega and metal burst for the Ohko. If you see a Mold breaker, such as haxorus, mega and then metal burst and you win via metal burst+heavy slam. If you see other sturdy users which have EQ or CC or other fighting coverage, mega and use filter to your advantage. This things only weakness is its subpar special bulk and missing head smash. Which is why I added the next mon. But first, some calcs!

252+ Atk Mega Aggron Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 380-448 (97.1 - 114.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
(380, 384, 388, 394, 398, 402, 406, 412, 416, 420, 424, 430, 434, 438, 442, 448)

32 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Mega Aggron: 186-220 (54 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(186, 188, 190, 192, 194, 198, 200, 202, 204, 206, 208, 210, 212, 214, 216, 220)

-2 252+ Atk Mega Aggron Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard: 468-552 (157.5 - 185.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(468, 472, 480, 484, 488, 496, 500, 504, 512, 516, 524, 528, 532, 540, 544, 552) Normal Aggron does more due to stab, just for reference since I CALCED with mega Aggron instead of non mega.

+2 252+ Atk Gyarados Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 16 Def Filter Mega Aggron: 165-195 (47.9 - 56.6%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO
(165, 166, 169, 171, 172, 175, 177, 178, 180, 183, 184, 186, 189, 190, 192, 195) Toxic+ Metal burst=profit :]

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Charm
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled

Chansey, the pink shit-on-your-day blob! So this mon deals with special attacking spam which can cause problems for Aggron such as meloetta with shadow ball which 2hkoes with specs but isn't ohkoed back by metal burst. If meloetta is running psyshock, zard X beats it, if its running psychic chansey beats it, so yeah. With the combination of thunder wave and charm this mon can beat every S rank mon and most of the other ranks depending on the set, for example submons like sub mega mence beat it, but non sub variants don't. with thunder wave, then charm you can lower opponents attack levels to points where you can toss them on their necks to death (ahue) recovering when needed, and just go from there. Its satisfying as hell to use ngl. This compliments aggron very nicely as aggron has great physical defense, while chansey shores up the weaknesses of the team with awesome special bulk. against special threats incase it wasn't obvious enough, thunder wave them, then toss them on their necks to victory, ;P.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage

So the final mon of the team, charizard mega X, acts as a glue to support the rest of the team, and smash them in the face to death. kinda. against most mons, you sub, then willowisp or attack,(so status then smash) your way to victory. this mon beats sleep spam, most ground mons or other random shit used to Cteam me, like some obscure ass Kyurem black set I once faced. Aside from that this standard WILLO sub set just destroys most of the mons which can't OUTSPEED it, also checking FEAR mons. With tough claws, 130 base attack, good coverage and a lovely movepool, this is a mon to be feared :3

Conclusion
This team is one of the best creations I have ever made, and I hope it helps more people play 1v1 and understand the meta, because I have yet to find something which beats all 3 mons consistently, que for Dream Eater Gengar to come up with some shit set just to cteam my team with :v, but yeah, this is, was, Will be, my and this teams' curtain call. I'll miss you 1v1 but you will always be my favourite meta.

So that is my team done! Just two more things, proof of peak(one of the peaks anyway, ive peaked the ladder more than once and had multiple successes with this team) and an importable.

http://i.imgur.com/bApL0mm.png [\HIDE]

Peak^

Importable:

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Head Smash
- Metal Burst

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Charm
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
Threatlist

1. Mega lopunny- beats chansey+zard, loses to aggron.
2. Taunt eq gyarados- this is one of the worst gyara sets and has shit coverage, but it does beat my whole team ._., It is also rarely ever used, the combo of taunt+eq is used very, very rarely, I havnt in fact even fought it on the ladder yet.

And those are the only threats I can think of right now, will update it later,if I find anymore, seeing as I have laddered a lot already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)