[COMPLETED] Trevenant

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
I'd take out the tidbit about him being able to switch into Starmie, because he can't, especially with no bulk invested in Special Defense. Well, unless it's one of those weak Lefties sets without Ice Beam.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
wat doge.

Also on a side note, it stinks that this is kind of a temporary fix for Excadrill since, well...

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 180+ Def Trevenant: 352-417 (94.1 - 111.4%)

@_____@;

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
wat doge.

Also on a side note, it stinks that this is kind of a temporary fix for Excadrill since, well...

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 180+ Def Trevenant: 352-417 (94.1 - 111.4%)

@_____@;
Unfortunately Colonel M, a lot of the things we have on the previews are temporary, as many of them will be changed in a month or so...

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Unfortunately Colonel M, a lot of the things we have on the previews are temporary, as many of them will be changed in a month or so...
Right. It just depresses me on seeing this.

Ban Excadrill IMO.

Also I was wondering if Rest was replaceable on the set. From when I used it there was use for it, sure, but I guess if you were Wish passing you could maybe pull Leech Seed or even attempt to Shadow Sneak? *shrugs*.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Ban Excadrill IMO.

Also I was wondering if Rest was replaceable on the set. From when I used it there was use for it, sure, but I guess if you were Wish passing you could maybe pull Leech Seed or even attempt to Shadow Sneak? *shrugs*.
With Wish support Leech Seed over Rest is acceptable but a very situational thing that doesn't belong in the main set. It's just one of those custom things that players that know their stuff do if their team can afford it, but it's not recommended for casual players to do. Something like the stunts that the guys in Jackass are performing and then put a disclaimer for others to not try it for themselves.

Ban Excadrill IMO.

Trevenant doesn't get Shadow Sneak iirc.

Choice band Weavile OKO's with Icicle Crash and 2KO's with pursuit with no switch, though life orb only have a chance to KO with Icicle Crash (pursuit does around 40-50% out of switch) So that might be something to watch out for too. That said, Will-O-wisp does make attacking a full health Trevenant a risky investment for a Life Orb Weavile.

Has anyone tried a Choice Band set yet (if anyone thinks this is a joke, remember it has base 110 attack which is the same as Lucario)? Natural Cure means it isn't crippled by a burn (and can still absorb status for your team). With an Adamant nature, Wood Hammer deals 87% minimum to 252/252+ Hippowdon and 72% mimimum to 252/252+ Blissey. Trevenant also tends to lure in magic bounce users like Espeon and magic guard users like Alakazam who are cleanly OHKOd by Shadow Claw (Reuniclus survives, but is slower and 2HKOd) and Wood Hammer for that matter. Earthquake usually isn't good on a choice band set, but it's Trevenant's best option against Ferrothorn to avoid iron barbs and the fairly common rocky helmet. I ran Rest in the 4th slot to get health back from Wood Hammer recoil, but Rock Slide and Horn Leech are also good options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)