Lifestyle College & Career Experience Thread

You know, I do have to say that I'm surprised there isn't one of these threads here, or at least if there were, they're long dead and I do want to avoid necroposting... Anyways, here, this thread is made for us to talk about our current educational institution experience (like college, trade school, etc) or career experience (jobs, volunteering, etc) here, so it's made for people to talk about their positive experiences, to rant about their current position, talk about their past and how they got to their present, discuss whether they like their job and how much time it demands, etc.

Anyways, go nuts I guess, this thread should be straightforward.

So fun fact, I actually flunked out of college because I played too much Diamond / Pearl Wifi. I skipped class to play pvp Pokemon matches. I didn't have Wifi at home so college was my only opportunity to do so (also Shoddy didn't work on my PC). I still clearly remember my team of Swampert / Zapdos / Breloom / Heatran / Cresselia / Forretress that quite literally cost me a college degree. No big loss, I was going to a community college for Liberal Studies. So my terrible life choice actually saved me from getting a lot of debt.

I eventually got a job at a call center selling credit cards. Then I quit and got a job as a 911 dispatcher, because I watched a lot of Rescue 911 in the early 90s. Ignoring the fact that loud beeps give me mild PTSD, I make about 70k per year to save lives.

But since I straight up tossed my college education in the toilet and it completely worked out in my favor I think a lot of early life and career choice comes down to just luck. If you decide to go to college make sure you have an actual career goal for it as just "going because the adults said so" could lead you to accumulating a lot of debt with nothing really to show for it. You can't get rid of that debt through bankruptcy, because the Republicans say so. College debt can fuck you up forever!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)