Mafia vs Village Cold War Mafia: The Twilight Struggle - Game Over, Capitalism Wins Again

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Teams
NATO
is the village faction. COMECON is the mafia faction. Members of COMECON are informed of their teammates. I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of players outside these two teams.

Game Progression
This game has night phases and day phases. Each will last 48 hours unless otherwise noted. The game will begin on Night 0, on which no kills will happen but any other role is applicable. If I decide to shorten the length of phases, I will announce this ahead of time. Extensions may be granted on a case-by-case basis.

Roles
Most players have a role they can use at night. They do so in the format specified by their role PM, by replying to the role conversation sent by me. Some players may have passive roles rather than active ones.

Lynches
Lynches occur during the day and take the form of a popular vote. To vote in the lynch, post some bolded variation of "lynch [user]" or "vote [user]" in the thread. Whoever receives the most votes in the lynch will die. Some players' votes may be worth more or less than the usual one vote. A vote count will not be provided.

Priority
The order of night actions has been predetermined before the start of the game. Feel free to ask about it, but note that I will not answer questions relating to the roles of specific users - general questions only.

Death
Dead players are out of the game and cannot be revived in any way. Dead players may not communicate any information about the game to any living player. Any player with other users mentioned in their role (for example, COMECON) are allowed to speak to those users for strategy purposes but still may not share information.

Winning
NATO's goal is to eliminate COMECON and any unaligned players who wish to kill NATO. COMECON's goal is to eliminate NATO and any unaligned players who wish to kill COMECON. Should the game state be such that one faction's victory is inevitable, I reserve the right to end the game early.

Bastardry
This game may or may not possess bastard elements such as results falsification and cardflip falsification. This game also may or may not possess the potential for players' factions to change.

Communication
This is an outside-communication enabled game. While screenshots and other forms of screen sharing are disallowed, any other method of communication about the game is valid, including but not limited to forum PMs and Discord. Utilization of the Circus Maximus Discord channel is heavily recommended.

Etiquette
-Any Circus Maximus and Smogon rules not specifically listed in these rules still applies.
-Do not copy/paste your role PM or results. Paraphrasing, of course, is OK, and you may quote verbatim parts of your role PM which are impossible to paraphrase (such as your role name).
-Faking chatlogs is permitted - feel free to ask for assistance with this.
-Do not add other users to conversations that they weren't originally a part of without my approval.
-Add me to every Smogon conversation or Google Doc you create related to the game.
-I reserve the right to deem any action not listed here as being in violation of the rules and unsportsmanlike, and act accordingly.
-Don't be a dick.

Earlio - Ronald Reagan - Protection Hooker - NATO - Killed N1
Lord Gaius - Mao Zedong - Recruiter Wolf w/ other shit - PRC - Killed N1

Hitmonleet - Fidel Castro - Beneficial Safeguard - COMECON - Lynched D2

Role PMs going out. Please be patient. Night 0 ends 5/27 at 8 PM CDT.

Last edited:
Hey all I'm leading this village.

I'm George Marshall and I'm triplets with Harry Truman and Dwight Eisenhower.

You are free to ponder the implications of what this game would be like if mafia had all three of these as safeclaims but the earlier you claim and more completely you claim early the more trustworthy you will be.

You are also free to burn an inspect on me or jerk off with whatever conspiracy bullshit you can come up with to sow discontent or excuse yourself from due process but I assure you would be wasting time and resources.

Mafia are free to counterclaim one of the names and straight up out themselves because we all know who each other are. Such a strategy is not sustainable and cleans another two village leaders in the worst possible case.

More likely than not mechanics exist in this game to balance this strong start so I would like to take advantage of it.

Hey guys.. is it considerably safe to claim your role? I mean, what's the chance of COMECON not being able to kill good NATO members with good powers? I would honestly consider a re think over claiming.. but if the situation comes and/or you'll want me to claim, I'm alright.

Last edited:
Hey guys.. is it considerably safe to claim your role? I mean, what's the chance of COMECON not being able to good NATO members with good powers? I would honestly consider a re think over claiming.. but if the situation comes and/or you'll want me to claim, I'm alright.
You should claim to me when you feel comfortable and not talk to anyone else about your role. Ordinarily I'd advise a little more caution but my situation is pretty irontight here. You can talk to anyone but Moody (Who's just pissed he isn't the one leading this game) to understand why.

Last edited:
Speaking of which, please communicate with me via smogon PM during American work hours. I will be following up with each of you individually at lunch today and I at the bare minimum expect a response by the end of the day.

Night actions go out tonight: I intend on lynching mafia tomorrow.

And no mafia has ever faked a mason claim let alone a triplet claim. Not saying they couldn't but there's a fine line between caution and paranoia.
I shouldn't be saying that, but quotes like "mafia has never" and not very clear WIFOMs seem quite fishy to me, tbh. But all the way, I shouldn't be saying this either, but I agree this:
Night actions go out tonight: I intend on lynching mafia tomorrow.

the thing about the mason claim where they name 3 role names is either

A. Mafia just told us three of their fake claims
or
B. They guessed randomly, giving a pretty good chance of possibly using a real role name. Overall though, mason claims are usually pretty damn hard for mafia to pull off since if one of them flips, then that shenanigan is over.

Not to say, walrein couldn't have made some trickery BS fake role PM or something, but it's a pretty unlikely and high risk play for mafia to pull N0.

I shouldn't be saying that, but quotes like "mafia has never" and not very clear WIFOMs seem quite fishy to me, tbh. But all the way, I shouldn't be saying this either, but I agree this:
Yeah I also agree, just countering aubisio's anecdote with anecdote to show absurdity's sake.

It's difficult to argue on behalf of myself because any argument I'm aware of is also something i could conceivably play around as mafia but it's in my nature to overexplain myself.

the thing about the mason claim where they name 3 role names is either

A. Mafia just told us three of their fake claims
or
B. They guessed randomly, giving a pretty good chance of possibly using a real role name. Overall though, mason claims are usually pretty damn hard for mafia to pull off since if one of them flips, then that shenanigan is over.

Not to say, walrein couldn't have made some trickery BS fake role PM or something, but it's a pretty unlikely and high risk play for mafia to pull N0.
How about three people had a good conversation about claims and saw each other as town, and acting as a good meatshield? This has happened in games.

An Additional Question, has D1 started? I'm not sure about some stuff, as I'm not really experienced in forum mafia. Apologies for that.

Last edited:

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Update

I'm tired af so in lieu of flavor please listen to the USSR's national anthem.

Nobody died, of course. Nothing else of note to report, either.

Results going out. Day 1 ends Monday 5/29 at 10 PM CDT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)