RU Chandelure

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Chandelure @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Hex
- Toxic
- Protect / Energy Ball

Haunting the depths of RU, Chandelure's high Special Attack and potent STAB moves make it difficult to wall, as very few Pokemon are able to handle its powerful Fire Blast. The combination of Hex + Toxic + Protect allows Chandelure to wear down Fire Blast-resistant foes such as Noivern, Volcanion, and Diancie, limiting their ability to consistently switch into it. Alternatively, Energy Ball can be used instead of Protect to immediately OHKO Seismitoad, Rhyperior, and Gastrodon. Additional status support from the likes of Metagross and Seismitoad helps Chandelure; they can lure in and cripple shared checks such as Suicune and opposing Seismitoad while giving it more opportunities to fire off an empowered Hex. Fighting-types such as Cobalion, Mienshao, and Heracross are able to take advantage of checks such as Zarude and Incineroar while appreciating Chandelure handling foes such as Galarian Slowbro for them. Pivots such as Zarude and Crobat can alleviate Chandelure's poor Speed and help it safely enter the battle; Zarude also checks Ground-types like Zygarde-10%.

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
add remove comments (i also threw in some misc. grammar changes)

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Toxic
- Hex
- Protect / Energy Ball

Haunting the depths of RU, Chandelure's high Special Attack and potent STAB moves makes it difficult to wall, as very few Pokemon are able to handle its powerful Fire Blast. The combination of Toxic + Hex + Protect allows Chandelure to wear down Fire Blast-resistant foes such as Milotic Noivern, [I feel like mentioning a faster mon gives a better picture of how most teams respond to chandy] Volcanion, and Incineroar, limiting their ability to consistently switch into Chandelure. Alternatively, Energy Ball can be used instead of Protect to immediately OHKO Seismitoad, Rhyperior, and Gastrodon. Additional status support from the likes of Metagross and Seismitoad synergize well with helps (sounded awkward/wordy) Chandelure, luring and crippling shared checks such as Suicune and opposing Seismitoad,(RC) while give it more opportunities to fire off an empowered Hex. Fighting-types such as Cobalion, Mienshao, and Heracross are also good partners, as they are able to take advantage of checks such as Zarude and Incineroar, while appreciating Chandelure handling foes such as Galarian Slowbro for them.

DC Good work, QC 1/1.

If you have more words left and want something to add, I would mention pivots that can bring it into battle safely, which it struggles with. Ground-type checks are also nice with it, but the pivot support is more important. (Zarude does both!)

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh actually DC lol can u swap hex and toxic's placement on the moves list bc it makes sense to have the stabs together

least meaningful change of all time but yea '-'

• Wow
Reactions: DC

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove
(RC): Remove Comma
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hex
- Toxic
- Protect / Energy Ball

Haunting the depths of RU, Chandelure's high Special Attack and potent STAB moves makes it difficult to wall, as very few Pokemon are able to handle its powerful Fire Blast. The combination of Hex + Toxic + Protect allows Chandelure to wear down Fire Blast-resistant foes such as Noivern, Volcanion, and Diancie, limiting their ability to consistently switch into Chandelure it. Alternatively, Energy Ball can be used instead of Protect to immediately OHKO Seismitoad, Rhyperior, and Gastrodon. Additional status support from the likes of Metagross and Seismitoad helps Chandelure; luring and crippling they can lure in and cripple shared checks such as Suicune and opposing Seismitoad while give giving it more opportunities to fire off an empowered Hex. Fighting-types such as Cobalion, Mienshao, and Heracross are also good partners, as they are able to take advantage of Chandelure checks such as Zarude and Incineroar (RC) while appreciating Chandelure handling foes such as Galarian Slowbro for them. Pivots such as Zarude and Crobat can alleviate Chandelure's poor Speed and help it safely enter the battle; Zarude also checks opposing Ground-types like Zygarde-10%.

GP 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)