CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 5c - Secondary Ability Poll 2

What should be our secondary ability?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bandwagoning Limber so we don't get stuck with a crappy ability that makes this pokemon too defensive (and yes Defesnive Download and -Speed Intimidate will both do that, though the former much more so obviously).

Limber to satisfy the Twave resist that the Steel/Ground supporters had wanted.

A defensive Download would break Scoutmon, really. =/ It shouldn't be defensive. Not to mention, it wouldn't really help the scouting except for a select few Pokemon like Lucario.

My real vote is for NSA
I voted for limber though, simply b/c i don't want -Speed Intimidate, Defensive DL, or Trace b/c those would be much worse.

Frankly, I think everyone is just going to run whatever the 2nd Ability is, which is why I think NSA should be chosen.

Limber. Needs paralysis immunity to scout several things like Celebi and Blissey, and since Ground didn't win Limber is the next best thing (actually better in a way). This will make CAP7 the ultimate Blissey switch in.

I'm not seeing Defensive Download as something that breaks CAP7. The way stat polls are going, CAP7 is not going to be particularly bulky anyway, so it's not like being able to switch in to sweepers is a bad thing. Mixed attackers are basically unaffected, and against other sweepers you get to force switches without going the boring "I threaten you so you have to switch" route. It's also not even close to just saying "Oh hey we're an amazing wall for no reason" since you're still weak to something no matter what you switch in to, and what you're weak to depends on the opponent - it's much more exploitable for your opponent than simply giving it good defensive stats. It also will obviously play completely differently from Frisk CAP7, but I can't see it pushing Frisk out of the limelight since they scout in different ways. For these reason, Defensive Download appeals to me much more than any of the other options here. Limber's not a bad option but paralysis can be played around with good team support anyway.

Why do you guys all like Limber so bad ? If you don't want him to be paralyzed why not use the better Natural Cure? Since he will be switching a lot due to Scouting and U-Turn.

Btw, Speed Intimidate. Due to the fact that this is a scout. I don't think a defensive ability is of much use. Also Speed Intimidate can screw over cocky speed raisers and scarf users.

didnt vote in the last poll because i couldnt make up my mind between limber and forewarn. now that there is no more forewarn, i have no problem voting limber.

Am appalled that 'Trace' is no longer there. And even more so that and ability as bad as '-Speed Intimidate' made is instead!.

In the stat spread thread, the majority of us are opting for a base speed of at least 100+. What the hell for if it's just going to cut it opponents speed instantaneously? Forget all Scarfers as well! Not only will this allow 'Scoutmon' to check for more then it should, it'll set other team members up to counter or even gain a strict upper hand just by switching in in a lot of cases. If you want this Mon to out pace things, give it a high base speed and/or stat ups moves!

I'm really not a fan of 'Defensive Download' either. Seriously, this is not so much a 'scouting' tool as it is a 'walling' tool. Think about it, you could essentially see this as an 'All round Intimidate' for which ever Stat needs to be addressed most at the time. That coupled with the resistance of Steel/Ghost, looking at it from that perspective very quickly makes it feel a bit broken.

At least with 'Trace' it might have added a few mind games. Help to check a few things in OU rather then EVERYTHING. Provided a few pseudo capabilities. And patched up a few loose ends. Certainly help wiht the scouting proccess. It would have given a lot to a fast Steel/Ghost type. But by no means would it have become broken.

'Limber' is just weak. It's just not necessary.

So in hind sight I suppose I have to vote 'No Secondary Ability' since I feel none of the others deserve to be there.

Am appalled that 'Trace' is no longer there. And even more so that and ability as bad as '-Speed Intimidate' made is instead!.
I personally don't see how -Speed Intimidate is bad in any way. The reason that it's even presented is right here:

WH1T3N1N7A said:
Btw, Speed Intimidate. Due to the fact that this is a scout. I don't think a defensive ability is of much use. Also Speed Intimidate can screw over cocky speed raisers and scarf users.

I changed my mind about Defensive Download; I thought it'd just make it "too good", so I went with Limber to be able to switch in T-Waves from the likes of Celebi and Blissey.

Speed Intimidate can screw over cocky speed raisers and scarf users.
This is why I am against speed intimidate - a lot of the time a pokemon faced with something that threatens it has the option of staying in if another switch is predicted. Speed intimidate removes that option, making the switch guaranteed, and while having a good chance of causing a switch is a good thing, guaranteeing it makes CAP7 too good.

I'd like to emphasise that: guaranteed switch = too good. At least Roar and Whirlwind have negative priority meaning that the user has to survive an attack, meaning it's not a guaranteed switch. On the contrary, who apart from noobs would leave a slowed-down sweeper in play?

Also, Limber is the only ability there that helps CAP7 to scout walls. Not even Frisk does this effectively.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd say Limber. With this pokemon supposed to be the "ultimate scout" I can't think of anything worse than getting paralyzed. Though, I mostly say this answer since I see the Defensive Download, and the Speed Intimidate as almost broken on this pokemon. No Secondary Ability is just lame as well.

I'd don't see why it needs a secondary ability when its first ability does what it is supposed to, especially since it's part Steel. How the heck is a steel Pokemon Limber? Just makes no sense to me.

Therefore I vote for No second ability.

If we're gonna make CAP7 broken, lets give it Speed Intimdate.
I think that giving it Limber would allow it to switch into predicted Thunder Waves, which is always nice.

I'd don't see why it needs a secondary ability when its first ability does what it is supposed to, especially since it's part Steel. How the heck is a steel Pokemon Limber? Just makes no sense to me.

Therefore I vote for No second ability.
To be limber is almost to be agile. Hence by extension how do Metagross and Lucario learn Agility?

Lucario itself could easily be called "limber".

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
To be limber is almost to be agile. Hence by extension how do Metagross and Lucario learn Agility?

Lucario itself could easily be called "limber".
Not to mention that, if the feeling was too strong, we could easily change the name to something more appropriate; like Ductile, tentatively.

Either way, voting for ability should be based on more competitive aspects of the game rather than supposed inconsistencies of real-life logic (hint: Pokemon isn't real life).

Anyhow, poll's over.

-Limber
-No Secondary Ability

Will be making it to the final poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)