Status
Not open for further replies.
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psycho Shift
-Dark Void
-Lovely Kiss
-Transform

Not much of a fan of any of these really, but I'll choose Psycho Shift since I don't see the harm in it. There will be much better moves competing for the same moveslot.

-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psycho Shift
-Dark Void
-Lovely Kiss
-Transform

Transform can be a great move for scouting movesets on the switch, which this will be causing unlike Ditto. Psycho Shift makes Limber less appealing as an ability and the rest make this thing two powerful when combined with it's speed and typing.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psycho Shift
-Dark Void
-Lovely Kiss
-Transform

Dark Void is a joke imo, seriously that's so overpowered. I don't see the point of the screens either. Like it was said before, "it's a scout, not Deoxys."

-Light Screen
-Reflect

For a scout, dual screens are worse than a move like Cosmic Power or Acid Armor or Amnesia for the simple reason that the boost is one that the whole team gets rather than one that just CAP7 gets, and loses when using U-turn. With one screen, people might be more willing to switch if they expect CAP7 to put up a screen, but with both, people will believe such a switch to be futile. Therefore, I support one screen, and I've picked the one that would benefit CAP7 more, but not both.

-Psycho Shift

If CAP7 does get statused, the mere presence of Psycho Shift on CAP7's movepool will make people send in something that can absorb whatever status they gave CAP7. Knowing if such a pokemon as Heatran or Jolteon (for non-Limber CAP7 variants) is on your opponent's team will be really useful. Therefore, I support Psycho Shift.

-Dark Void
-Lovely Kiss

We already have Hypnosis, and given that this pokemon's defensive typing is rather similar to Bronzong's (in that both only have weaknesses to fire and ground) and not-too-shabby defensive stats, albeit not as amazing as Bronzong's, and pretty good speed, if CAP7's user is expecting a switch, he will most likely have two opportunities to put the opponent to sleep with Hypnosis, which is usually enough. Because Hypnosis appears to be viable enough on CAP7, a more accurate sleep move is not needed.

-Transform

I fear that this may make CAP7 broken because it already has good stats all around (except special attack but that's irrelevant given CAP7's offensive movepool) and so it can easily transform into a sweeper, and under no circumstances should CAP7 be trying to sweep because this detracts from its main purpose. Even though the move reveals an opponent's moveset, it then makes use of these moves in a way that was not intended for CAP7. Therefore, no Transform.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psycho Shift
-Dark Void
-Lovely Kiss
-Transform

Meh, against everything controversial. I'm indiffernt to Lovely Kiss/Dark Void, but in no way support any move.

-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psycho Shift
-Dark Void
-Lovely Kiss
-Transform

I'm always up for putting good, typically unseen, moves to use. I think Lovely Kiss is reasonable, and while I'm not sold on the efficacy of transform competitively, and since this is all about understanding the game better, I'd love to see it given a reasonable shot at use, especially when it fits the poke as it does here.

I don't think it should support, and I think there's plenty that does this well enough already. Dark void is too much.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Results:

For Light Screen 36
Against Light Screen 57

For Reflect 29
Against Reflect 64

For Psycho Shift 75
Against Psycho Shift 18

For Dark Void 19
Against Dark Void 74

For Lovely Kiss 35
Against Lovely Kiss 58

For Transform 43
Against Transform 50

Which means that only Psycho Shift will be made Allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)