CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 1 - Concept Poll 2

Which Concept for CAP7?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would've liked to vote for anti-stall, but it was far enough behind that I didn't think it could win. So I voted strategically for Partner in Crime, which I think is the second-best option.

Personally, I think the Partner in Crime should be something that benefits by getting hit with an ice-type attack, because ice is a fantastic attacking type and it would be nice to knock it down a notch. However, I wouldn't want the benefit to be a speed boost or healing or anything else that already exists (for another type, like Motor Drive or Water Absorb or Flash Fire). I think it would be fun to have a Defense or Sp.Defense boost (or both - the Pokemon could have really crappy defenses, like 60 each). Or, you could give an ability (call it Ice Shield or whatever) which would grant it immunity to the next fire attack that hit it (including WoW) if it switched in on an ice move.

Alternatively, maybe the CaP is something that has an ability that nullifies Pursuit used on the Pokemon switching out. For example: Weavile vs. Alakazam. Weavile uses Pursuit, but Alakazam switches to "CaP 7", which has the ability Intercept (or whatever), and "CaP 7" gets hit with Pursuit instead of Alakazam. Intercept could (and would probably need to) have other purposes as well (so that it wouldn't be so specific), none of which I can think of at the moment.

I vote Partner In Crime.

I just love to see peoples faces when they let me do stufff like that ;)

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
No. The idea of this Pokemon would be to work in an OU environment - anything good enough to play in that level most likely wouldn't be partnering up with Plusle or Minun in the first place.
uhh...yeah, that was largely sarcasm...

if people want a low BST for CAP7, we can have it, regardless of which Concept wins.
we can, but you know we wont. unless we make the concept to be low bst or like a reverse slaking (horrid stats but godly ability) we wont be doing something with low stats because we want to make this this ou viable. the closest thing we've made so far is revenkanth with a 515 total and hes already built like a house. in a way, im almost scared of what we would end up putting knowing this community.

(also the low bst is pretty subjective atm anyways since we dont even have what would be considered as low bst. i would be thinking sub 450-480 but lets not get into that.)

if people want a low BST for CAP7, we can have it, regardless of which Concept wins.
Similarly, we can have a "partner in crime" pokemon even if we don't design it for that specific purpose. It's not that hard to give someone a type/ability that works well with something pre-existing, it's not like we have to call it something special just to let it do that. I bet we could consider most of the CAPs "partners in crime" with something already even though they weren't called that.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Concepts that will move onto the next poll (again, in order of received votes):

Magmortified's Partner In Crime
Beej's Ultimate Scout
Articanus' Low BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)