CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 2 (Primary Typing Poll 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
1. Electric

2. Poison

I like both types, but I chose Electric first as personal preference.

Poision can be quite underrated defensively.

Also, this may be my only vote in this poll, so don't get too excited. I merely caught a lucky break just this once.

And this is why I voted for Dragon. It offers resistances to some of the most common attacking types in fire, water, and electric. While Dragon is great offensively, it's no slouch on the Defensive side either, and it would be nice to have a Dragon that resists the above attacks AND doesn't die to Ice Shard.

Electric / Poison may have a number of resistances but hardly any of them are useful. Steel, Poison, and Flying, Bug, and Grass to a lesser extent are all either uncommon or bad attacking types. Also note that the Steel type resists all these attacks, so really it would be much easier to employ a Steel type Pokemon to resist the above attacks and more, rather than to make a new Pokemon just to resist those attacks (though Elec/Poison does also resist Electric and Fighting, which can be useful).

Here's my second idea:
Fighting-High offensive attack great counter for heatran.
Ability Maybe steadfast forflinching foes.

Secondary ability:

Electric-good for corresponding with the fighting part to have not only a high attack but also a high special attack and will be great counter for Skarmory,suicune,and vaporeon.Secondary ability Maybe Volt Absorb,Static other electrical abilities.

First Preference: Electric
Second Preference: Dark

Electric one weak yadda yadda, Dark because it scares out ghosts... both have some pretty common weaknesses, but that can be remedied...

Here's my second idea:
Fighting-High offensive attack great counter for heatran.
Ability Maybe steadfast forflinching foes.

Secondary ability:

Electric-good for corresponding with the fighting part to have not only a high attack but also a high special attack and will be great counter for Skarmory,suicune,and vaporeon.Secondary ability Maybe Volt Absorb,Static other electrical abilities.

We're discussing the Primary typing. Put your first preference and second preference in order, bolded.

We're also only supposed to discuss as far as the next poll, no farther. The next is secondary typing, so in-depth discussion on anything else is considered poll jumping, which isn't allowed.

Steel- OU lacks a real selection of Steel Pokemon with just Bronzong, Magnezone, Skarmory, and Heatran. The CAP Project could really benefit from a steel Pokemon I think.

Fighting- The Fighting type I believe is not used as much as other Pokemon like Blissey although they can end it's reign. If the CaP Project made a fighting type that got fame like when Syclant or Pyroak came out. Rev is Fight but really can't do much due to low Speed and relying on Shadow Sneak to let it attack first which does nothing to Blissey. Bulk up makes it live longer but again, it's low Speed hinders it. Curse could fix this but I feel it can't lose defence. So for this reason, I vote Fighting.

Lucario, Jirachi, and Metagross are OU, while Scizor and Forretress are OU viable. We do not need another defensive Steel type.

And just because Rev is slow is no reason it can't get rid of Blissey. I mean seriously, what's she going to do to it? Skill Swap + Toxic + Reflect + Defense Curl?

i'd love to do some of the drawing for it, sorry if that uis poll jumping. just letting you know.

As of now my types stil stand at

1Poison
2Fighting

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Final Tally of Votes:

Posion:
Electric: 88
Dragon: 34
Steel: 32
Dark: 23
Fighting: 13
Ground: 9
Normal: 7
Psychic: 4
Water: 3
Bug: 1
Ghost: 1

Posion and Electric are progressing to the final clicky poll which will be up shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)