CAP 23 CAP 23 - TL and TLT Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
After the conclusion of the Adjustment in Direction Part 2 Policy Review, it was declared that CAP23 will be made specifically for the CAP Metagame. When applying for leadership positions, keep in mind that the other CAP Pokemon will be relevant for discussing threats, counters, moves, etc. We are also excited to announce that between the upcoming CAPTT 3 and a few other events we will reveal in due time, there will be many opportunities to experience the CAP metagame, earn experience, and contribute to the discussions in CAP23.

Naturally we want this CAP to be headed by a strong leadership team, particularly a Topic Leader that is willing to jump in headfirst with optimism, knowledge, and a positive outlook. If you have served successfully as leadership in the past, you very well might be a good fit again for CAP23. Will we have a shibtastic CAP23? You can help decide!

This is the thread for people to announce their desire to become either the Topic Leader (TL) or a member of the Topic Leadership Team (TLT) for this creation project (CAP 23). Do not suggest other users. If someone wants to become the TL or a TLT member, they will post on their own, and if they don't have a strong urge to be it then they shouldn't be signing up anyway. The CAP project requires the utmost dedication and a substantial amount of free time, especially to lead, meaning that only those who have carefully considered the magnitude of their application will apply at all. If you are not prepared to fulfill all of the responsibilities to the very end, then do not throw your hat into the ring.

We are looking to fill the following five positions to help us lead the creation of this new Pokemon:
  • Topic Leader: In the public's eyes, this is the leader of the project. They will create the slate for Concept Submissions and serve as a general timekeeper. Overall, the goal of the TL is "quality control", not "project control". The responsibilities of the TL include running Concept Assessment, Threats Discussion, and finalizing the slates of TLT members.
  • Topic Leadership Team: The TLT will be leading the four major competitive aspects of creating a Pokemon. They will make slates for their respective threads and provide meaningful discussion points to their specific area. Note that TLT members are allowed to make submissions during stages of the CAP process that they are not actively leading. We are looking to fill the following four positions:
    • Typing Leader
    • Ability Leader
    • Stats Leader
    • Movepool Leader

When making your application, please indicate which position(s) you are applying for. You must identify whether you're applying for TL or TLT (you are allowed to apply for both). You are allowed to specific which position you'd like to fill on the TLT, but it is not required. Topic leaders and TLT members should have the following qualifications:
  • Timeliness; each leader must be able to commit the time to active leadership
  • Deep knowledge of the game of Pokemon
  • NEW: Specific knowledge of the CAP Metagame and the Pokemon/Strategies/Threats within it is very helpful, and if you don't have this already you at least need the willingness and motivation to learn quickly
  • Familiarity with competitive Pokemon concepts, strategy and philosophy, as practiced within Smogon
  • Willing to voice opinions and lead others
  • Open-minded to new ideas
  • Creative, "outside-of-the-box" thinker
  • Good writing skills
  • Level-headed when resolving disputes
  • Liked and respected by the CAP community
  • Be willing to work with their assigned stage and partners

Once this CAP starts, the Topic Leader and the Topic Leadership Team will be the most important, most visible members of the CAP community, and they are expected to be a strong guiding force throughout the creation process. If you are selected for any of these positions, you will have a great deal of power to influence the project. But you also have a responsibility to stay on top of things. You will have forum moderators to help you, but you need to be regularly active on the project until it is complete. All potential candidates should look through both the Topic Leadership Guide onsite and the CAP Process Archive subforum, to get an idea of what will be expected of you, if you are selected to be the CAP 23 Topic Leader or a TLT member.

This thread is strictly for candidacy posts and posts supporting those candidates. Please stay on topic. Below are the guidelines for posting in this thread:
  • Candidates must have been actively involved through the entire duration of the most recent CAP project. Involvement in multiple CAP projects is strongly preferred.
  • Do not suggest other people. If you want you encourage someone else to run, then send them a PM or talk to them on IRC.
  • If you are new to the CAP project, do not sign up in this thread. Instead, spend a project or two lurking, learning, and participating first.
  • Include a summary of your involvement in the CAP project, the CAP Metagame, and in other singles 6v6 tiers.
  • Make a pitch for why you should be selected. If you can't present and defend yourself, then you can't expect to lead a project whose primary function is discussion and debate. Convince us that you are a good choice.
  • Poor spelling, punctuation, and grammar are great ways to look as though you don't know what you're talking about. A thoughtful and intelligent community leader should be capable of typing at a level above typical internet banter.
  • Even if you don't think you are better qualified than certain other candidates, you still should consider posting your application. Candidates not selected as TL or TLT for this project will be on the watch list for next time around. Don't post your name if you don't intend to be active in the project, even if you are not selected, since people will be scrutinizing your involvement more closely.
  • Do not post disparaging remarks about any candidates.

If these rules are not followed, the offending user will be subject to moderation.

Best of luck to all applicants! CAP23 is finally here, lessssssssgo!

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
I would like to Apply for the TLT.
Specifically I would like to apply for
  • Ability Leader
  • Typing Leader
  • Stat Leader

When I commit to something I tend to put a lot of time and work into it. I have been around since Volkraken and now is the time for me to step up and become a leader. I may not be the TLT you want but I assure you I am the TLT you deserve CAP Community!
-
Here is some of the things I've done to make me qualified. I actually don't know these things make me qualified but this is an application so I plan on putting everything.
  • Lurked since Volkraken
  • Started Participating in Naviathan
  • CAP room Regular
  • CAP metagame Player
  • Well Versed in OU and Competitive play
  • Been Playing Pokemon since I was 5 Started with FRLG and played almost all the games so far
  • Passtionate about CAP
  • I've written / Am writing analysis for the CAP metagame
  • I'm a Moderator in the Health And Fitness room
  • I'm 17 and I scored a 4 on my AP language test
That's really All I can think of currently I'll add more if I think of more. Thank you for your time!

Conni

katharsis
I would also like to apply for TLT for Ability Leader, Movepool Leader, and Typing Leader.

I've been around since the middle of the BW CAP projects as a heavy lurker although I admit I haven't been interacting with the CAP community until now. I've been lurking enough to know how things work so I have an adequate amount of knowledge needed to participate. I have enormous amounts of free time to contribute to this project due to summer holiday, so I can get a lot of work done if needed. I hope that by joining the community at this stage would provide more experience with the community and it would be a good opportunity to work with all of you. I'm also part of the PRC which can also help influence this project as well but alongside many other wiser and more experienced PRC members that can also help me learn more which I think will be beneficial which can allow me to contribute to CAP more. But here are my other experiences of Smogon and PS! and somethings that can be helpful.

• Former Room Staff (Room Driver %)
  • C&C LC Analysis Writer
  • TFP Article Writer
  • Currently Room Voice (+) in CafeLeWoW
  • Longtime CAP Lurker (since the middle of the BW project)
  • Frequent Forum Poster
  • Have played all the canon games except for 2 (Yellow and Crystal)
  • Have been on Smogon as an active contributor/poster for around a year and a few months
  • Enormous amounts of activity
Thanks for your consideration and time!

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
I'd like to apply for TL and TLT for CAP23. For those of you who don't know, I'm snake_rattler, both on PS! and here. I've been an active contributor in CAP for almost 2 years now, starting when I noticed the Naviathan playtest on the battle selection menu on PS! (but was too scared to build a team). Since then, for my participation in the CAP Metagame, I've gotten mod on the PS! chatroom, I wrote many Gen 6 CAP Metagame analyses including Tornadus-T, Krilowatt, Venusaur, SubSeed Serperior set, Aurumoth, and Kerfluffle, and I started writing the Gen 7 analyses Tomohawk, Fidgit, and Naviathan. I have been on the QC team for CAP analyses, been on the VR Team for both Gen 6 and Gen 7, and have started the Good Cores thread for Gen 7.

As for CAP creation, I've participated in CAP21 and CAP22, was the Ability Leader for CAP22's TLT and was a UL for CAP Updates, leading Voodoom, Plasmanta, Crucibelle, Cyclohm, Colossoil, and Syclant to completion, and led the first two flashCAPs for this generation, Chisphera and Elktrolosis. I am also very knowledgable of the history of CAP projects, allowing me to avoid making previous mistakes. These leadership experiences have helped me learn how to guide discussion in a timely manner.

For my Pokemon experience, my first game was Pokemon Diamond, and I've played one version of every main series game since. I started looking at competitive battling on Youtube, found the PS!, and started learning competitive battling. Little Cup was my home during XY, but I fell off before the release of ORAS. After reading through the Smogon forums, I found CAP, looked through the Process Archives, and eventually I sprang back in after ORAS and started participating in the CAP Project chatroom.

Of course, if chosen for CAP23 TL, I will do my best to make it a successful project. If chosen for the CAP23 TLT, I intend to be the Ability Leader once more, but I can lead any position I am needed to lead. I am excited for CAP23, and I ask that I be considered for TL and the TLT this CAP once more. Thank you for reading my application.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! This is NumberCruncher and I'm applying for TL. I've been an active member of the CAP community on Smogon since the resolution of the Volkraken playtest, and have been contributing ever since. I've been part of every PRC and project since Plasmanta, I've participated in a slew of tournaments with some solid showings, and am a decent ladderer in the CAP tier in Gens 6 and 7.

I have experience leading teams and have a flexible schedule that allows me to stay on top of discussions. I'm generally well regarded by the competitive community to the point that I was asked by Broken Phobias if I was considering applying for TL whilst hanging out in the CAP room on PS.

I look forward to our first S&M CAP project. Let's start this generation off with a bang!

Ignus

Copying deli meat to hard drive
Applying for TLT again this time around! Specifically, just Typing.

I've been around since gen 4, with the first project I was a part of being Tomohawk. I've been around here for more than half of CAP's 10 years of projects. I'm most comfortable snuggled between numbers and statistical data, and I prefer to wear pants with pockets.

I never have any idea of what to write on these so I'm just going to list all the random garbage I've done for CAP:
  • I wrote an analysis on typing back in 2015 and I passed my college's Statistical Analysis class without failing (in which I proved why Excadrill was better than Donphan with math as my final, which I guess if you're a nerd you can read here)
  • I maintain a typing reference here on the CAP subforum (to be updated in the next few weeks before the next project starts)
  • I've been PRC member for a buttload of sessions
  • I can play Pokemon without looking like a complete idiot (this includes the CAP metagame)
  • My pre-contributor badge came from here on the CAP subforum
  • I'm voiced on the CAP PokemonShowdown room
  • I'm writing an article about CAP's history for TFP currently
  • I wrote the code that gives the random pokemon from the \cap command NAMES
So, yeah. If you enjoy me being around and think that I won't mess up typing discussion, throw me a vote. Good luck to yall!

Drapionswing

Eating it up, YUMMY!
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I am applying for TLT, I'd prefer anything other than movepool.

I've been in cap for over a year now, I was intrigued by the Pokemon on the teambuilder and visited the room. I was so fascinated with the idea of a community creating a Pokemon which has kept me around CAP for some time, this is because unlike my original main tier, RU, CAP was fresh and I find the metagame never gets old. I avidly enjoy the CAP Metagame as I feel like teambuilding is so much more fun with the 22 created Pokemon. Until Kerfluffle I had never actually participated in a CAP, so when encouraged to I was hesitant, however when contributing it was surprisingly fun. The thought that I was potentially having an impact on such a big decision was motivation for me to post.

Although I don't have multiple experiences with the CAP Process, I feel I'm ready to take on the challenge of being a TLT due to this CAP being built for the Cap Metagame, a Metagame I am more than familiar with. I've recently joined the VR Council, this is the strongest indicator that I am familiar with the CAP Metagame. As well as being familiar with the Metagame, you can trust me to lead this CAP well as I am currently also being trusted with hosting CapTT 3. When leading I know I will be able to stimulate healthy and useful discussion during the process which is of course key to the success of any stage.

• I'm on showdown nearly all day pretty much everyday.
  • I've been playing pokemon for pretty much my whole "gaming life", so since I was about 6.
  • Currently on the CAP VR Council so my knowledge of the metagame is up to date.
  • I've contributed to the Creation of Cap22, multiple PRC threads and Cap Updates.
  • I have an A in A Level English Literature.
  • I'm Voiced(+) in the CAP Room.

Last edited:

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would like to apply for both TL and TLT, except for Movepool Leader.

I have very extensive CAP experience, with both the process and the metagame. I was active through the entire Kerfluffle process. I was TL for Tomohawk, and have been TLT for several other CAP projects. I am a CAP moderator.

My metagame experience includes holding #1 on the CAP ladder for significant periods of time and winning the Spring Seasonal Tournament.

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Will be applying for TLT for Ability Leader or Movepool Leader, although I am certainly not picky.

I'm very much a newer face in the CAP community, as I only entered CAP about a year ago and caught the back end of Kerfluffle. However I have achieved a fair amount over the course of these past 12 months that I think makes me a very good contender for a TLT. I am incredibly active in the CAP Project Room on Showdown, earning myself a Voice (+) promotion because of my actions and activity. During CAP Survivor, I was able to reach the top three and secured myself as a finalist. I contributed heavily to the recent CAP Updates Process and submitted numerous movepool during the course of it, including two winning ones for Tomohawk and Syclant. Finally, I was able to successful host and manage the CAP Crazy Roulette, proving that I am able to lead and inform.

If I were chosen as a TLT member, I would give it my all and work my hardest towards creating a great CAP project for the beginning of Gen 7. I hope you will consider my application, and thank you for your time!

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi. I'd like to apply for a spot on the TLT. My preference would be to lead movepools, but I'm open to leading any of the other positions as well.

As far as my qualifications, I've been a long time participant in the CAP metagame. I've been part of the roomstaff in the CAP room for years, and have worked my way up to Roomowner there, which should tell you about my level of involvement with the community. I'm also a project moderator for the CAP metagame subforum, and I received both my pre contributor and site staff badges for work based in that subforum. I've also run and participated in numerous threads; I've managed the Viability Rankings thread for quite a while now and I've also been part of the CAP Analyses QC team for well over a year. Content wise, I've penned a fair number of CAP analyses, and I've been involved in a couple of CAP related articles for the Smog and now the Flying Press.

Additionally, I recently was involved as an Update Leader for Aurumoth, Cawmodore, and Malaconda. Before that, I was voted in as a TLT for Kerfluffle, and I ended up leading that project as TL after sparktrain's early retirement. Both of these experiences have shown that I'm a capable lead and that I can encourage discussion in threads I manage. Overall, I have a wealth of experience with the CAP metagame that is further supplemented with a solid understanding of the CAP process, and as a result, I can confidently say I will perform well and put in my best effort as a TLT.

Most people who know me on Smellgon Smogon call me Mova, and I intend to run for either Typing or Stats.

While I haven't actualy battled in ORAS's CAP metagame by any means except to receive autoconfirm during Naviathan's playtest, I intend to get back into battling sentient players once USUM come out. I have lurked since Malaconda, participated in projects since Volkraken, and have made more effort during Naviathan. I'm mostly an artist, so I have submitted three designs during Naviathan, Crucibelle, and Kerfluffle's design contests, even though I gave up on those because of conflicting real-life schedules. I have attempted to apply for Update Leader during the CAP Updates, but the condorcet loser was me. Recently, people seem to have accepted me as a nice user, which helps avoid causing any problems among fellow group members by trying to be respectful of their opinions.

I will be busy with Statway for another four weeks, but I can confidently claim that I will be more than happy to help out with whatever the upcoming CAP Project needs.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Per the Adjustment in Direction 2 Thread, the thread will close on this Wednesday the 26th. Please finalize your nominations before that day.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Per the Adjustment in Direction 2 Thread, the thread will close on this Wednesday the 26th. Please finalize your nominations before that day.
20-ish hour warning. Thread will close around 6pm EDT tomorrow.

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm applying for TLT, with my greatest interest in the Typing stage and after that the Ability stage since I've never led these before.

Most of you know who I am. I've been heavily involved in the CAP Forums ever since Volkraken (or more accurately, ever since Cawdet). I've won a handful of submissions and I was the Stats leader of Naviathan and the Moves leader of Crucibelle. Last CAP, in Kerfluffle, I was pretty much the mod-guidance-tool for the TLT/TL.

I was the first CAP metagame subforum mod (not including jas) and I've tackled many of the growing projects within it. Together with other metagame players, I created CAPTT (CAP Team Tournament), hosted its first season, CAPtained in its second, and might actually play in its third. I've been trying to increase the CAP metagame's tour scene for a while, first by transitioning CAP playtests away from ladder based events and more towards tours and secondly by revamping the metagame forum's tour approval process with a tour submission thread.

Probably the most fun thing I've ever done with CAP was create and host CAP Survivor, which I view as a community-building game that helped teach some new CAPpers the metagame and brought in some fresh bodies too to learn alongside some metagame veterans as they competed on tribes. Almost everyone who participated in CAP survivor is still active in the CAP metagame (except I think 2 people? 2 out of 19) so I view it as a successful project that has helped CAP grow.

I'd like to be on the TLT again to fill a position I haven't been in yet so I can learn more. I also want to help out all members of the TLT/TL by sharing advice based on the knowledge I've gained as a CAP contributor and mod over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)