CAP 23 CAP 23 - Part 9 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
DQ - Final Submission

Slumberserk

"Slumber" + "Berserk"

The combination of Slumber and Berserk indicates that the Pokemon is dangerous, even wild and raging, while asleep.

Pronounced: SLUM - ber - ZERK
IPA: ˈslʌm bərˌzɜrk

Last edited by a moderator:
DQ - Final Submission

Dracarcerem

"Draco" + "Carcerem"

A simple merging of "Draco" which is Latin for dragon, and the dragon word for prison, "Carcerem". Bonus points for it ending in "R.E.M."

Pronunciation: Druh-car-sir-ehm

DQ - Final Submission

Dremyni

Portmanteau of dreamy eyes and Gemini, with REM in the name (for REM sleep)
Gemini indicates that CAP 23 is an entity consisting two parts (the dreamer and the dream)

Pronounced: DRE-me-nai
IPA: dɹɛmɪnaɪ

Final Submission

Persoulnap

Persona + soul + nap Projected personality instead of true self, soul is appropriate for a ghost and nap is for sleeping.

Pronounced: <Per-soul-nap>

IPA: </pəˈsəʊlnap/>

DQ - Final Submission

Masquedrake

"Masquerade" + "Drake"

Masquerade references how the little dragon hides its identity with the larger one while drake references dragons.

Pronounced: mass - cuh - DRAKE
IPA: mæskɚdɻeɪk

DQ - Final Submission

Nitecap

A corruption of "Nightcap", which the little dragon seems to be wearing, and from which the big ghost dragon originates. Also makes a nice pun with "CAP".

Pronounced: nite-CAP

Final Submission

Draedolon

A combination of 'Dragon', 'Dread', and 'Eidolon'. I think this name fits very well with our current design.

Pronounced: DRAY - duh - lon
IPA: dreɪdʌlɑn

Final Submission

Grandream

It's a small dragon dreaming big, thus having a grand(iose) dream / a dream of grandeur.

Pronounced: grand-DREAM
IPA: [ɡɹænˈdɹiːm]

DQ - Final Submission

Onitus

A combination of the words oniric and cetus (a legendary dragon of Greek mythology that also has a constellation with its name)

Pronunciation: Ow-Nay-Tues

IPA: oʊni/ty/

DQ - Final Submission

Snoosle

combining Snooze, Noose and Nuzzle; references sleeping in a cute way complimenting the main body and trapping and death as in a Hangman's Noose

Pronouced: "SNOO - zl"
IPA: snuːz(ə)l

DQ - Final Submission

Naptilian

From "Nap", a term for a brief period of sleep, and "Reptilian", of or referring to reptiles (perhaps including dragons).

Pronounciation: "Nap-TILL-ee-ann"

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Hunchsack

Hunchback (due to appearance) + sack (as in "hit the sack" informally means "go to bed")

Pronounced: HUHNCH-sak

Final Submission

Snareposse

'Snare' (Core concept of Trapping + Luring), 'Repose' (Rest/Sleep), and 'Possess' (Phantom inhabiting another body.).

Pronounced: Snair-ri-POHZ

I think that's how the pronunciation works, anyway. I'm not too well-versed in writing out that kind of stuff, and I'm definitely not even gonna bother touching IPA. It's more or less just 'Snare' and 'Repose' joined at the obvious point for verbal conversation's sake. I actually didn't know about the word Snare's double meaning of being a temptation or lure before I came up with this name, so that was a happy discovery considering the sleepy, frail-looking true body of the dragon.

Last edited:

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Lucidfer

This is a combination of "lucid" dreaming and the demon name Lucifer.

Pronounced: LOO-sid-fur

Final Submission

Komodozer

The [ Komodo ] from [ Komodo-Dragon], and the sleepy word [ Doze ] meaning taking a nap. [Er] can also come from [ Bulldozer]

Pronounced: KOMO-doe-zur

DQ - Final Submission

Plushoul

Combination of "Plushie" and "Ghoul"

Referencing the stuffed animal-like appearance of the original body and the spirit-like dream-form as well as the trapping concept/deceiving appearance.

Pronunciation: Plush - OOL
IPA: plʌʃ 'uːl

Final Submission

Yawnox

This is a combination of "yawn" and "nox", which is a Latin word essentially meaning darkness/night.

Pronounced: YAW-noks

Final Submission

Slumbergon

Portmanteau of "Slumber", referring to CAP 23's ability Comatose, and "Dragon", from its primary type.

Pronounced: SLUM-brr-gahn

Final Submission

Wishalp

Wish + Vishap (a dragon from armenian mythology) + Alp (taken from Alptraum, the german word for nightmare)

Pronounced: WISH - alp
IPA: wɪʃ-əlp

Final Submission

Imprism

Stemming from the small creature and demonic appearing "dream-mon", and the trapping ability reminiscent of a lich's phylactery; perhaps from a Dracolich's Ghost Typing.

Pronounced: Imp-Priz-Um
IPA: ɪmp-prɪzm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)