CAP 10 CAP 10 - Part 13 - Sprite Poll

Which should be CAP 10's sprites?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted Cartoons! I love the defensive, warding stance of the front sprite, along with the amount of detail it crams into a small space. It looks like it could dodge or twist easily, and it looks like it's got the reach to pull of some of the attacks. The gender difference is cute (and widely emulated in this CAP, although Cartoons! was inspired by existing pokemon).

The back sprites look pretty good, and the simple posing and style looks the most like the existing pokemon. Cartoons! was really the only one to make the shell look thick or layered. Everyone had seams, but Cartoons' sprite is the only one that looks like it overlaps.

I have no problem with the shiny at all.

-I almost voted DJD. His front sprite kinda looks like Krilowatt is about to have a Wild West duel, claws poised over the holsters on his belt, ready to drawn the moment the clock turns. DJD is also the only spriter to give Krilowatt's antenna bulbs a filament, which was a nice touch.

The back also looks good. My little dog will stare at me sideways all the time, and the Shiny is one of the most appealing sets. The gender difference doesn't really do it for me, though, and ultimately I preferred Cartoons! backsprite.

-As my third choice, Chaoscrippler has a lot going for him. A technically sound sprite, a good, vibrant choice of shiny colors, and was also the only one to give Krilowatt pincers or a visible mouth. The style is definietly unique, but ultimately Krilowatt looks a little soft. The back sprite reminds me of Mickey Mouse, (the eyes + the curve of the nose). This haunted me since I first saw the backsprites, though there is nothing technically wrong with it. I don't think I'll be going with it unless my first two choices are eliminated.

-Out of the rest, all the sprites are pretty good and have merit to them, but I simply feel that these three are at the top of the class. Shiny_togekiss deserves a specific mention for his shiny. The choice of colors here looks like a real frozen shrimp, like you'd find in plastic wrap at the grocery store. While a bit morbid, I felt the association was kinda neat.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
This poll is over. Three sets of sprites have clearly amassed a majority of the votes here (Cartoons', Doug's, Chaoscrippler's) and those three will move on to the next poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)