Calling All Naughty Dog Fans & Non-Fans (May Contain Spoilers)

- For Those Who Are Seasoned Fans
Well, today is your lucky day. This thread will center around any games created by the one and only video game developing studio, Naughty Dog! Discuss your favorite games, well-aged games and most anticipated games from the devs here. How excited are you for TLOU Part II? Did the Uncharted series live up to your expectations? Do you hope we'll get to see more of the Drake, Ross and Frazer trio? Were you a hardcore Jak and Dexter fan back in the day? Or maybe you wanna tell us about your experience playing Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy! If you use spoiler tags, then title them correctly!

- For Those Who Are Unfamiliar
Naughty Dog is known for a plethora of different kinds of games ranging from the popular, pleasantly aged platformers Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Daxter games, to the action-packed story focused third-person shooter Uncharted series, and finally to Naughty Dog's most critically acclaimed game and arguably one of the best PS3 games in existence (also remastered for the PS4), The Last of Us-this game is a dreadful survival, action-adventure, and an emotion provoking third-person shooter. Those pretty much round up Naughty Dog's official games. Unfortunately, all games by Naughty Dog are PS3 and PS4 exclusive since they're owned by Sony. Will you consider buying any of these games? Beware of spoilers!

- Naughty Dog Game Listing
  • Crash Bandicoot - 1996 ~ Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - 2017 (A plethora of different developers throughout the years ranging from Naughty Dog, Eurocom, Vicarious Visions, and more. Although, Vicarious Visions developed the most recent one.)
  • Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - 2001 ~ Jak and Daxter Collection (First Three Games Remastered For PS3) - 2012
  • The Last of Us - 2013
  • The Last of Us Remastered - 2014
  • The Last of Us Part II - 2018 (upcoming; not released yet)
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 2007
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - 2009
  • Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - 2011
  • Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (1, 2 and 3 Remastered For PS4) - 2015
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - 2016
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - 2017
Express yourselves!

If I missed any overly relevant information regarding Naughty Dog or made an error, then make sure to comment down below and I'll edit as noted!

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Not sure if this is exactly a spoiler considering its not really anything story related but w/e.

The new jump mechanics in the new Crash Trilogy ruined the nostalgia of Crash for me as someone who played the original games, to the point where the games weren't even fun. There was a lot of cool tricks you can utilize with the jump mechanics in previous games to sort of "game" the system so to speak but it's an entirely new series of game. If you're a crash trilogy vet or anyone who has just played the old games I would probably not get the new games if you want the same gameplay feel. Otherwise if that's not a concern have at it.

I am looking forward to the Last Of Us 2. The story in the first one is one of the best stories in game telling to me and I'm excited to see what direction the new game will take in terms of story development.

Played a lot of Crash 3 especially Time Relic related runs where I would attempt to beat my own records and have competitions with friends. Less fun now again with the new jump mechanics but that's me being bitter I suppose.

In regards to TLOU 2, I'm also looking forward to that. The first part had an interesting ending, so I'm really curious as to where that lead. Will Ellie find out? Did she find out? Will it even focus on her this time around? There are so many questions I still have. Have you seen TLOU 2 teaser trailer yet? That was pretty brutal, but amazing.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
Might as well rename this thread

TLOU 2 hype Thread cause that's all anyone is going to talk about

I feel like most people on this site aren't old enough for Jak and Daxter's or Crash bandicoot (minus the awful remakes)

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
fuck that jak and daxter is fucking lit its my favorite series of all time (well maybe the prime series might beat them out but storywise jak and daxter is my favorite)

I remember playing the precursor legacy as a kid and I could never get past the forest (i was terrified of the forest and misty island) and had to have my mom help me beat it. I eventually got to rock village with her but never progressed fromt here because i was so young and didn't know what to do. Then I rented jak 2 from blockbuster but refused to play it because the opening scene has a prison escape sequence and the entire time the announcer voice is screaming "you will be captured" and i was terrified of the guards so i just put the game down and never touched it until like 3-4 years later. I just recently lost my HD collection but i have the originals on computer and ps2. My college roommate and i would do speedruns of the games handing off after a couple missions for jak 2 / 3 and areas for the precursor legacy.

I don't ever recommend playing hte lost frontier that game is some hot ass unless you happen to play it like before you play the others (why tho lol)

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
Eeeeey I'm not the one who said it
I mean, it's true. There's nothing good about The Last of Us. The fact that years later the only things people talk about are the Giraffe scene (literally Giraffes out of no where wow so beautiful) and the ending (wow game made all my hard work for nothing fuck you Naughty Dog).

This game is a Dumpster fire of a Video Game and should have been sold/branded as an Interactive Visual Novel.

In regards to TLOU 2, I'm also looking forward to that. The first part had an interesting ending, so I'm really curious as to where that lead. Will Ellie find out? Did she find out? Will it even focus on her this time around? There are so many questions I still have. Have you seen TLOU 2 teaser trailer yet? That was pretty brutal, but amazing.
I thought that trailer was kinda terrible honestly. It was gratuitously violent for shock value and without the name on the trailer I wouldn't have been able to tell you what game it was from, or anything about it other than that it's really edgy.

I really loved TLOU and I've played through it a bunch, which I pretty much never do for most games other than like pokemon (lol). even other ND stuff like uncharted i wasn't really drawn to play again like i was with TLOU. not sure it's the greatest game over (although im not sure i would say "there's nothing good about it" either), but the gameplay + setting + plot is for sure an incredible combo. i dunno, it's just hard for me to find games that have engaging gameplay and simultaneously also tell a really good story. i thought TLOU did an excellent job of weaving together a story and characters within a world that remains largely unexplored. i think it's really strong just as a stand-alone story, so the fact that they're bringing back joel and ellie makes me think they have something special in store.

that said, I thought the violence in the (second?) trailer was really over the top. the initial trailer with just ellie was really cool i thought, but the second one just went way too far without any context whatsoever. i get that they don't want to reveal too much about the story and just want to give a sneak peak at some new characters, but I just felt the violence was a really big turn off without any context of who's who and what's going on. even had there been a context, i thought it went too far and was arguably a bit tasteless.

i'm hoping they add more scenarios with humans + zombie enemies. i enjoyed those parts in the first game DLC and hope there are more of them in TLOU2. it'll be interesting to see how they'll advance the gameplay.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
To add onto what tcr said, Jak 1 and 2 are great games. I wasn't a big fan of the 3rd personally I think the whole desert thing and other aspects I can't remember turned me off. Jak 2 however had some super sloppy driving mechanics, talk about dreadful, if there's anything I would say negatively about that game.

Got TLOU last weekend. I knew the story but I've always wanted to play the campaign. I've been having a lot of fun with it these past couple of days, granted I'm kind of bad at it while I get used to the gameplay and in-game strategies fight after fight. I don't think I'll ever beat Grounded mode unless I stop using Listen Mode so often and memorize all the enemy placements but lol at that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)