Mafia vs Village Build Your Own Mafia 2.0

(Credits to Yeti for the idea and parts of the OP)

Long ago, the great nations of OC, NOC, Mafia and Town lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when town threw an easy game.

"My team sucked!" Exclaimed Apricity
"You call this balance?" an outraged Texas declared
"I didn't even look at my role PM lol" stated Haruno
"Is there going to be an OC soon?" Jalmont asked
"Sub me out of this farce" said everyone else

But when smogon.com needed a balanced game the most, none were to be found.

and that's how we got to the final, final straw

"You make a role! And you make a role! Everyone makes a role!" Exclaimed a voice in the back.
"If you think making great OC's is that easy why don't YOU try it"

That's right folks, this game YOU, yes you, send me a role and it'll be put into this game. That way when your team looses, you can't possibly blame me.

Rules

Role Creation:
In this game, you and every other player make the roles. When you sign up, PM me a role on smogon.com, This will not be your role, but it will be a role in the game, you can make the role almost anything you like and can specify the role name, faction, how often it can act, etc. It can be as complex and simple as you like. If you send in a role like "roleblocker" I will assign it to a faction based on other roles on the team (so that no team should have 5 roleblockers and the rest none). I reserve the right to balance or modify roles submitted to make sure they are all in line with each other power-wise.

Be creative or as simple as you'd like. Including the faction is not mandatory, but if you wish to particularly see it as town/mafia please say so. Ultimately, the more unusual the role, the better!

The roles will be randomly assigned to players so unless RNGesus is on your side, you will not receive your own.

THINGS NOT PERMITTED IN ROLES
Silencers or kidnappers who prevent the target from posting in the thread (vote negation is ok but inability to post is not)
Roles that can never die/be killed or are otherwise immune/broken in some way (such as obtaining the hosts sheet)
Post restrictors* (already in the game)
Lynchpins since the village will not be designed or balanced around a split
"Vanilla" roles with no night action or nothing to do since they are boring
Stupid items/interactions that make instawins if you get it
Anything that can resurrect yourself or another player
Anything that can change someones faction

NEUTRALS
Only if a role is submitted as neutral, will it be a neutral. However, at a maximum there will only be one neutral in the game. It is possible to have no neutrals in the game. If you submit a neutral role PM, you will be required to submit an additional role PM.

ITEMS
I will not be adding items in the game. However roles can start with an item, create items, etc. If someone has an item when they die by a kill, the killer will receive the item. If they die by the lynch, the item goes away for good. Items can be passed at night (unless otherwise specified). Players will automatically know what an item they have does.

ALIASES
Every player gets an alias! (Mostly to hide your shame if you lose). When submitting a role PM, please submit what alias you'd like. Losers who fail to do this will get the worst puns I can think of for aliases.
There will be an equal number of aliases to players, UNLESS someone submits a role involving them. In this case, a number of aliases will exist that make sense for the game.

POST RESTRICTIONS
Every player will get a post restriction. This is some silly thing that MUST be incorperated into EVERY post you make. You are also obligated to make at least one post per cycle or you will be godkilled. The PR could be something like "you are Scottish" and all your posts will have to be as if you were Scottish.

SIDE COMPETITION 1:
There is a side competition in this game! Whoever can PM me with a list of all other users' PRs first will be a winner of the game, regardless of if their team wins or loses. Even though the mafia will have a team PM, they submit guesses individually. I will judge all guesses to the same degree of accuracy and if you got the gist. The "pretend you are Russian" PR could be "pretend you are Vladimir Putin" as a correct guess, but not "pretend you are European" as that is too general.
You may submit as many guesses as you like until someone wins. This is also why everyone has to post each cycle!

SIDE COMPETITION 2:
After the game ends, we will take a vote on who had the best execution of their PR. Funniest, most dedicated, most accurate, etc. You cannot vote for yourself. Whoever is voted Best PR will be a winner of the game, regardless of if their team wins or loses.

General game rules
  1. You will have an alias, your alias is not your role name.
  2. This is a town v mafia game. If the numbers and/or roles make sense, there may be more than one mafia.
  3. This is a day/night game starting on Night 0. Nights will last 48 hours, Days will also be 48 hours. This is an OC game, thus you are allowed to talk with any living players in any medium. During the day, any living player can vote to eliminate an alias by bolding a vote such as: Lynch D1NOCMISLYNCH. At the end of the day, the player with the most lynch votes will be eliminated. In the result of a tie, no player is lynched.
  4. No kills on N0.
  5. If you do not post during the day, you will be godkilled
  6. Players are not allowed to C/P any part of your role PM or screenshot anything. If you have an information role, the only thing you may C/P from your results is the win condition. This does not prevent you from describing a role in your own words.
  7. Encryption and anon accounts are not permitted, unless a specific role allows them.
  8. Add me to all smogon conversations, discord PMs/servers and sheets
This game will start in ~72 hours. Otherwise known as 9pm (pst) 11/19 you have until then to send me
1. A role PM
2. Your alias

Please be sure to send me the role you are adding to the game via smogon conversation, but I will be happy to discuss the roel with you on Discord before the final incarnation of it is submitted. I reserve the right to modify roles based on the power level of the rest of the game. This includes rejecting roles that are clearly broken beyond repair.

Do not share what role you submitted This is to prevent the town from being able to easily clear people or allow the mafia to know town roles by synthesizing information.

Soon to be champions
Name/Has role in
  1. Apricity/Has role in
  2. Rssp/Has role in
  3. DLE/Has role in
  4. Ullar/Has role in
  5. Oddish/Has role in
  6. Von/Has role in
  7. Pidge/Has role in
  8. Ampharos/Has role in
  9. Duskfall/Has role in
  10. Aura Guardian/Has role in
  11. Stealthbomber/Has role in
  12. Infernodragon/Has role in
  13. Flyhn/Has role in
  14. OM room/Has role in
  15. Hitmonleet/Has role in
  16. Moodycloud/Has role in
  17. Leonard/Has role in
  18. Heal
  19. Nuxl
  20. Jalmont/Has role in
  21. Zorbees/Has role in

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)