Breeding Guide

This is great. This was definitely a top priority for our D/P Articles. And you guys did a great job. (I haven't really looked at it yet but I know it is good!) Thanks a lot for all the hard work. And congratulations on getting a Contributor badge! (I'm going to add them right after this post)

Edit: Looks like somebody already did. heh.

Well to complete Loki's sentence

...Hmm...This one, overall, ... I would say is wonderfully outstanding in ability! Incidentally, the best aspect of it, I would say, is its EVERYTHING! It's flawless! A thing of perfection!

On another note would you guys allow me to add this to the Nintendo Wii forums www.wiichat.com as a sticky, giving you full credit of course, due to the spammage of n00bs not understanding stuff too well and me finding it too hard explaining to them. If I get permission I would probably only use parts I and II due to them not needing to know about Hidden Power and people getting mixed up about the other parts. This is a wonderful guide, guys.

Very good guide, congratulations to both of you.

I would like to note/add that I have had a good deal of success finding Synchronizers for Dittos in the RSE Safari Zone - the trick is to go to a patch of grass where you can find Natu/Xatu and put a Pokeblock in the feeder. It will draw Pokemon that like the flavor of that block.

Spicy blocks will up chances of finding Lonely, Adamant, Naughty, and Brave Pokemon.
Sour blocks will up chances of finding Bold, Impish, Lax, and Relaxed Pokemon.
Dry blocks will up chances of finding Modest, Mild, Rash, and Quiet Pokemon.
Bitter blocks will up chances of finding Calm, Gentle, Careful, and Sassy Pokemon.
Sweet blocks will up chances of finding Timid, Hasty, Jolly, and Naive Pokemon.

While this is complicated by Natu also getting Early Bird, I have found it a reliable method that also is cheaper and less time consuming than the Abra Game Corner method. For the blocks, I recommend using the first five berries (Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, Aspear) since they create one-flavor blocks and these berries are very easy to obtain. Plus, you don't need to transfer the Synchronize Pokemon to Emerald after obtaining it - you have it right there on the cartridge.

If you want to fit this in the guide (I oblige you not, however!), a simple screen name mention will suffice.

Again, thanks for the guide and the exhaustive research both of you put into it.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This is a very good method, Eszett. I'll put this in the breeding guide now. Thanks!

i thought is was female?

Miltank and Tauros can indeed breed, but their offspring will always be a Miltank. The only way to breed a baby Tauros is to breed a Tauros with a Ditto.
i thought it was the female pokemon that gives birth to the same species?
correct me if i am wrong.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I have a question. If you have a Pokemon with 2 or more perfect IVs, which characteristic is chosen to be displayed? Say you have a Pokemon with x/31/x/x/x/31 for example (max Att and Speed IV), would it display 'Likes to thrash about' or 'Alert to sounds', or would it pick one at random? Also would one characteristic be more likely than another?

This is an awesome guide! It is really helpful! A big round of applause to X-Act+ and Peterko! Thanks a lot! :D

Yayz! This guide is awesome! I'm currently using it to breed Hidden Power and would be clueless without it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)