Break This Team - UU Edition! (Week 9 - Submission phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyyyyyy

Results:
1st - Lcans: 5
2nd - Bouff: 4
3rd - pokemon sparrow: 3
HotFuzzBall: 2
Panther-T ||| Ov3r Ac3: 1

Congratulations to Lcans for winning the third week of our project! This time, I decided to bring a team from the Teambuilding Lab, Sacri' built it and it's a really solid offense which was built around Toxicroak, thanks for allowing me to use it, man :D

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Keldeo-Resolute @ Normalium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam/Flash Cannon
- Defog
- Grass Knot

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Despite the fact that I've always been a huge fan of toxicroak, I havent used it much in SUMO so building around it was quite fun. I yet again decided to make this team a standard Bulky offense with some less used sets to catch opponents off guard. I chose clefable for it's ability to lure Gliscor, Hippodown, Cobalion ans Scizor while threatening dragons quite well. Keldeo adds another Bisharp answer to the team, Normalium Z allows it to lure Slowbro which is great to allow Toxicroak to sweep. This empoleon variant lures every single ground type including Swampert, provides defog and something to switch on fairy moves and Latias. Since the team already had a fair amount of ways to play around Keldeo, I thought I'd give a shot to this CM Latias variants which threatens a massive amount of team thanks to it's raw power and coverage. Aerodactyl fits the team perfectly as every single of it's checks are easily beaten by the other members, it provides rocks and a mean of revenge killing threats like Raikou. Hope you'll have fun using this as it one of my favorites yet.

You have until Thursday the 30th to submit your core! Just a reminder: You CAN'T submit cores with Alakazam or Mewnium Z

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpA
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Raikou @ Ghostium-Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch

The goal of this core is to exploit the teams weakness to Electric and Psychic-type (not really but still) attacks by pivoting a lot.

Assault Vest Slowking has the bulk to avoid the 2HKO on Aerodactyl's Stone Edge and a high chance to avoid the 2HKO from Toxicroak's Sucker Punch without rocks. Slowking also doesn't have to worry about Pursuit as well since Mega Aerodactyl opted for rocks instead. Future Sight forces switches because it hits 2/3's of the team for damage (with Keldeo and Toxicroak being weak to it) while the other two, Empoleon and Latias, are dealt easily dealt with by either Slowking or Raikou. It is also important to note that Latias and Empoleon are slowly worn down since neither have recovery and are also offensive, so they'll take more damage from chip. Grass Knot from Empoleon fails to even 3HKO Slowking while it can easily come in on special attacks like Moonblast and Draco Meteor. Dragon Tail also forces out Latias if it tries to boost up.

Raikou is just added pressure since the team is weak to Electric-types, with Slowking in the back to pivot into Mega Aerodactyl if it switches in. Raikou can easily do a lot of work once Mega Aerodactyl is out since at +1, it can basically mow through the rest of the team. I opted for Ghostium-Z mainly for Latias since it is the team's safest switch into it, but it gets knocked out with a NEN at +1. Raikou can also afford to set-up on Keldeo and Empoleon if it does predict a switch.

Last edited:

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Reserving mew + krookodile
+

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot
- Rock Polish

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Iron Tail
Trap the Lati and threaten a Mew sweep; is the basic premise behind this core. Krookodile can ohko Toxicroak & Latias, whilst also securing 2hkos on the rest of the team. I chose to run Iron Tail so you can hit both M-Aero and Clefable for super effective coverage but I suppose Stone Edge is adequate too. Mew can sweep this team easily once Latias goes down. With Double Dance you can either NP if M-Aero + Keldeo are gone, or RP if Empoleon + Clefable are weakened, and you can win if you some how manage to do both. I already run this core on a team atm, please see the importable here.

edit: realised no mewnium-z - core still functions the same without it, feel free to run mewnium-z on current ladder!

Last edited:
Can i use a core with Raikou but with a different set?
If you mean the same core HotFuzzBall submited but with a different Raikou set, no. I'd like to see some creativity, so I think using a different Pokemon instead of a different set is much better. If you meant using a core with Raikou + another Pokemon, yes, feel free to post it :D

david0895

Mercy Main Btw

Gengar @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch
- Protect

I changed my idea about Raikou, because the core doesn't satisfy me.

Gengar does 2HKO to Clefable taking a Fire Blast and OHKO to Empoleon with Z-Focus Blast, then Mega Sharpedo cleans the rest of the enemy team with its moves after a speed boost gained with Protect.

Last edited:

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Raikou @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

This core aims at one of the two sweepers breaking his team then the second team sweeping the rest of the team. If Raikou gets a Sub up then it will be able to sweep his entire team as Aerodactyl will only be able to break its Sub with Raikou then ohkoing it. If Raikou's sweep doesn't work out Bisharp will likely be able to sweep as Keldeo and Toxicroak would probable be weakened or dead.

Last edited:
whoops forgot about last week D:

reserving Magneton + Latias
I only pretended to forget i swear

+

Latias (F) @ Psychium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Magneton @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Pretty simple; the only real Latias switch in on this team is Empoleon. Magneton traps it, and then there's not much for Lati afterwards. Aero has a chance to be OHKOed by Shattered Psyche even without rocks, and Clef is guaranteed to die at +1. The only method the team has to deal with Latias after such has happened is Sucker Punch games with Toxicroak and its own Latias, which are far from the most methods of beating it.
+1 252 SpA Latias Shattered Psyche (175 BP) vs. 232 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 414-487 (106.4 - 125.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Latias Shattered Psyche (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Aerodactyl-Mega: 264-312 (87.7 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist

Mew @ Psychium Z
Ability: Synchronize
Modest Nature
- Hypnosis
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn

(Would have used Focus Blast on Hydreigon to hit Empoleon as well, but I didn't want it to be a straight-up cteam, and realistically, Hydreigon without Dark Pulse wouldn't exist.)

This Mew set pretty much sweeps the team after a Nasty Plot, with the only exception being Latias. Hydreigon does a good job of luring in either Clefable or Empoleon, and U-turn out into Mew, as well as outspeed and OHKO Latias. Clefable also has a good chance of being 2HKOed by Flash Cannon. Mew is able to survive any unboosted attack on the team, while Hydreigon is able to check Toxicroak after a Swords Dance. Z-Hypnosis on Mew puts one of the opposing team to sleep, increases it Speed, and gives it a free chance to use Nasty Plot since nothing on the opposing team is going to outspeed it.

+2 252+ SpA Mew Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Aerodactyl-Mega: 280-330 (93 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Mew Psychic vs. 232 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 294-346 (75.5 - 88.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ SpA Mew Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Empoleon: 472-556 (126.8 - 149.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Mew Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latias: 106-126 (35.2 - 41.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 232 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 186-220 (47.8 - 56.5%) -- 85.5% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. +1 0 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 218-260 (72.4 - 86.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Toxicroak: 292-345 (95.1 - 112.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 225-265 (69.6 - 82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Aerodactyl-Mega: 214-253 (71 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mew: 243-289 (71.2 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Keldeo Hyper Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mew: 249-293 (73 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Z-Hyper Beam btw)

252 Atk Life Orb Toxicroak Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 174-205 (51 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Aerodactyl-Mega Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 169-199 (49.5 - 58.3%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Toxicroak Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 94-110 (28.9 - 33.8%) -- 1.6% chance to 3HKO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)