Tournament BLT IV: Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stfu

ominous Draco is much more resilient , coming straight out of the slums of west New Dheli. You on the other hand are a pampered ginger from the Northern Canary Islands. Yeah I remember that picture of you with your cardigan shorts, that ugly striped tee, posing with such "elegance" next to what seemed to be a dilapidated cannon from the French War.

good game trevenants and goodluck in finals

thank you for everything hariyamas , it's been a blast being with each and everyone of yall, and an amazing BLT experience overall

MJ your record may not show it, but you are still the steal of the draft, should had more trust in you and put you in ubers week one, hope you'll forgive me mate. underrated as heck, but get that 20 back in the name

Luthier you were our team's pep squad all on your own, and easily the first contributor to our chat. thanks for being so passionate about this tournament and doing all you can to lift our team despite you not playing ou from the first place

Bundy300 im glad i made the right choice picking our ou player in that last blt gamble, as you turned out to be a fantastic pick ! our only ou player as well, as you was valuable

Serene's Grace i'd just like to strangle anyone that put .overpay as you are technically 5-0 minus a flinch. i knew i picked the best UU player there was once hairy toenail was gone, and im glad i got to prove it easily

TheWall my deepest regret is not having the chance to put you at ou like i wanted to, but close enough. thanks for the chat presence, the field hockey rule book, and spending like 20 minutes answering all trolly questions i could find about it. congratulations on voice ! i can troll you there too now !

Dundies clean record, and woulda solo won this thing had i not been too heavy. lived up to the reputation of best lc player in the tournament, + the help to everyone with pretty much most tiers.

youmu@poke 3/4 losses were to a)speed tie b)triple protect c) not getting the roll you wanted. i swear the guy is good, just stop rng abusing him. really sad you didnt get to have the numbers to back this up, but i'd draft you for bss anyday ! arigato gosaimasu , youmu-kun

RED_(color07) thanks for playing with us, and so sorry i couldnt put you in more buddy :( t'en fait pas, c'etait amusant !

Reje thank you for the week one help with luthier to get em to get the hang of ubers ! wish we got to see more

i am really sorry team, lost to pretty much everyone i shouldn't have lost to, with the one win being by match up. i hope i wont be as heavy nextyear to all unfortunate souls i bid on if i am present, and thanks again mina, for a wonderful experience...

katon:goukakyu no jutsu !

Last edited:
As a freshmen with regards to BLT have loved this BLT season with all its games and drama. Big thank you to my teammates and a special thank you towards the hariyama's managers SWB and GXS (the drive force behind the scenes :p ) for making this blt season such a blast to be a Hariyama. Even though i stumbled into this tour by accident I'll definetly try for future seasons!

PS it damn sucked my schedule wasnt matchable with trace's. I would have pulled that mental breakdown through ;)

Luthier

Don’t get mad, get even.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Welp hey guys. I don't know if you guys care enough to read this post but if you have a second I'd appreciate it if you could. :)

So for those of you that don't really know me, I'm a 16 year high school student who has aspirations to go into the medical field. It's probably an issue that I have spent more effort on this BLT than most of the other things I do in life, such as school and stuff. Regardless, I wanted to talk about my BLT experience. Basically I joined this site when I was in 7th grade. Actually, I join 4 years and a week ago. I was never even close to good. I had only played the DS games and I thought that torterra was a broken mon. So when I came to this site and saw that moves like toxic were absolutely insane in some cases, I laughed my ass of thinking about how crappy the people were. Those 4 years have been a really weird experience for me cuz there were times were I wanted to quit mons cuz I was so bad... and in the end I did. I came back to the website about 4 months ago and have not regretted it since. I have made some great friends on this website. swb will be my greatest friend on this site forever without a doubt. Now, onto the important stuff :p

This BLT has been my first BLT forever. My first time trying for BLT was actually BLT II. I failed miserably. I played in every single tournament I could and only managed to gather a large sum of 7 points that cycle. Every single time I got to the semi finals in a tour, I went and cried to swb about how happy I was. After I missed BLT by so much, I quit the site and decided to focus on other stuff cuz it wasn't like I was any good. However, near the end of my junior year in high school, I got really bored cuz all my finals finished and then my friends were busy so I had nothing to really do. So I decided to hop back on the site and check how it was. To my surprise, it hadn't changed one bit. The first thing I did was message swb. And after he remembered who I was, I decided to keep playing. He told me that BLT would be starting soon, so I decided to give it one more shot. Things were really tough at first, I didn't know what the heck a z crystal was and ended up putting an icium z on my zapdos and tried to oh ko a mence with HP ice.... and of course I lost that battle. Regardless, I kept on trying to learn the meta and eventually did. In cycle 3 of this BLT, I couldn't believe it but i ended up with 100+ points and qualified for BLT. I was so happy to be a part of BLT that I stayed up and pulled an all nighter to try to learn something that could be useful for the team that drafted me.

Fast forward to the draft. I was with my family out of town and had the worst cell reception. But, I really wanted to watch the draft and see how much I went for. We were walking and sight seeing, but I pulled out my phone, and used up all of my phones battery for the day to find out how much I went for. 35 players or so in, swb messaged me and asked me how I felt about playing OU or DOU. Since I'm a main RU, UU, and a bit of ubers main, I said that I'm the worst OU and DOU player in the world, which I still hold to be true :p. i kept on waiting and as the 42nd pick or something like that, I was nominated by swb. And of course, I went for 3k. I felt kinda discouraged, but I thought, it's ok.. I'l prove them wrong in the actual battles.

When the matchups came out, I started prepping immediately. We were in the car ride back home and i set up a hotspot on my laptop and then used up all my data for the month trying to figure out teams and other things I can use to beat Mysterious M. It was shortly after this that I read Natalies post about how she thought that the Hariyamas were the number one overall team in her opinion. I was really excited. I read all of her viability rankings and they said that I was the black sheep of the team. Then I read Jarii's VR about each player cuz i forgot to read that. I started scrolling through and I found myself listed under C. These two things were kinda painful to take in cuz of all of the time and prep i spent into making this BLT a reality. But swb told me to shake it off. At that moment, my goal became to prove Nat and Jarii.

Week 1: I was playing against an esteemed Ubers player and brought stall like my team told me to. And sadly, I was shat on. I ended up DC'ing cuz of my wifi crashing and couldnt connect back cuz I used up all of the data for the month. Either way, I was really pissed at myself and apologized to the team about 10 times. Then MM disrespected me in the thread and said that the only thing that stopped him from 6-0ing me was the timer. I was really offended that time ;-;. I felt like all the prep work I put in was for nothing cuz of how everyone saw me.

The next two weeks, I worked even harder, and won both of my games. I felt really good because I felt like I was an actual asset to the team.

But this past week impacted me a lot. We were down 0-2 cuz of some unfortunate events. Then swb misplayed a bit a lost... so we were already down 0-3. I had to play Trace, who, from all the replays I watched and all the times I've played against him in actual tours, I knew was good a terrific player. I wanted to win for my team and wanted to win to prove everyone wrong. Yet, when it mattered the most, I choked and lost the game for my team. I felt absolutely disgusting cuz I put my team down to 0-4. In the end, we lost that week and ended our time in BLT IV.

After the loss this afternoon, I really wanted to say a few things to my teammates and then a short message.
GXS, I thank you so much for drafting me... nobody has really trusted me in a match before and you actually nominating me to be drafted with about 20 other solid players left means the world to me.

Serene: You're the man. Even after I was so annoying to you, in the end, you still helped me prep for each match and practiced with me whenever you were online.

MJ: I was glad that you could spend time with me man. I still remember how we fought for the top of the leaderboard in cycle 3 and after I lost (;-;) we became really good friends and made that one really shit ubers team.

TWW: You're an acorn ;p. You were the RU king man... and always will be in my eyes. Not only are you good at RU, but you also have a good heart and helped me with RU even before BLT started. I will always miss those times.

Bundy: Lmao man. Every time I see you, I think of that one picture. But you were a god week one. Nobody can deny that. You were the real 3k legend on this team.

youmu: You're actually a really good player. Don't let anyone undervalue you. Mish Mish said that you were a really good player, and I do too. Keep on playing in cart man... hope you can hit 2000 one day.

Dundies: You're a fricking beast. Idk if you have time to read this cuz ur prolly about to go to the gym rn but you never failed us when we needed you man. Keep on rocking LC like a god.

And last.... swb. I don't know if you will ever realize it... but you're the real reason I'm on this site. When I hit a plateau in like 8th grade, you took time out of your day to help me learn how to predict and what I needed to do to get better. And still, you are my best friend on this site. When I made that bet with you and won, I was so happy that I could talk to you whenever I felt like it. You're the nicest person I know and I will come visit you in Lebanon one day.

Thank you so much guys... each and every single one of you made this BLT one of the coolest pokemon learning experiences ever.

Sorry if this post is long as heck but I wanted to say what I learned from this BLT. I learned that I am a crappy player. Not because I am bad. But because there are so many other people that are better than me. However, do not take me lightly. I will get better. And I will beat all of them.

And as always.. go Hariyamas!

Last edited:
Despite that the come back we totally deserved couldn't be made, I'm happy that my first tour experience was one like this. I got to be on the team mostly everyone shafted at first which ended up to actually be one of the better teams competitive wise and I think the best socially. I can really say all my teammates were good guys, I find it sorry for the people who didn't get to be on a nice team...

As for myself, I think I did well for a first timer/last pick (looking @ u swb). Went 2-2, where 1 loss was because of me getting too greedy to end the game which was already in my pocket. I learned from that and will make sure that doesn't happen again.

GL to the ranchers imo the second best team next to us so I'll be surprised if they don't win!

Luthier

Don’t get mad, get even.
Saving my s/o post and shit for when finals is posted, disappointed that Dull Ladder UU didnt give me an s/o but wtv, ig im not that important. look forward to seeing you guys in future BLTs and gl to all of your Smogon Grand Slam runs!
No don't say that :(. You know it's not like that lmao

Welp hey guys. I don't know if you guys care enough to read this post but if you have a second I'd appreciate it if you could. :)

So for those of you that don't really know me, I'm a 16 year high school student who has aspirations to go into the medical field. It's probably an issue that I have spent more effort on this BLT than most of the other things I do in life, such as school and stuff. Regardless, I wanted to talk about my BLT experience. Basically I joined this site when I was in 7th grade. Actually, I join 4 years and a week ago. I was never even close to good. I had only played the DS games and I thought that torterra was a broken mon. So when I came to this site and saw that moves like toxic were absolutely insane in some cases, I laughed my ass of thinking about how crappy the people were. Those 4 years have been a really weird experience for me cuz there were times were I wanted to quit mons cuz I was so bad... and in the end I did. I came back to the website about 4 months ago and have not regretted it since. I have made some great friends on this website. swb will be my greatest friend on this site forever without a doubt. Now, onto the important stuff :p

This BLT has been my first BLT forever. My first time trying for BLT was actually BLT II. I failed miserably. I played in every single tournament I could and only managed to gather a large sum of 7 points that cycle. Every single time I got to the semi finals in a tour, I went and cried to swb about how happy I was. After I missed BLT by so much, I quit the site and decided to focus on other stuff cuz it wasn't like I was any good. However, near the end of my junior year in high school, I got really bored cuz all my finals finished and then my friends were busy so I had nothing to really do. So I decided to hop back on the site and check how it was. To my surprise, it hadn't changed one bit. The first thing I did was message swb. And after he remembered who I was, I decided to keep playing. He told me that BLT would be starting soon, so I decided to give it one more shot. Things were really tough at first, I didn't know what the heck a z crystal was and ended up putting an icium z on my zapdos and tried to oh ko a mence with HP ice.... and of course I lost that battle. Regardless, I kept on trying to learn the meta and eventually did. In cycle 3 of this BLT, I couldn't believe it but i ended up with 100+ points and qualified for BLT. I was so happy to be a part of BLT that I stayed up and pulled an all nighter to try to learn something that could be useful for the team that drafted me.

Fast forward to the draft. I was with my family out of town and had the worst cell reception. But, I really wanted to watch the draft and see how much I went for. We were walking and sight seeing, but I pulled out my phone, and used up all of my phones battery for the day to find out how much I went for. 35 players or so in, swb messaged me and asked me how I felt about playing OU or DOU. Since I'm a main RU, UU, and a bit of ubers main, I said that I'm the worst OU and DOU player in the world, which I still hold to be true :p. i kept on waiting and as the 42nd pick or something like that, I was nominated by swb. And of course, I went for 3k. I felt kinda discouraged, but I thought, it's ok.. I'l prove them wrong in the actual battles.

When the matchups came out, I started prepping immediately. We were in the car ride back home and i set up a hotspot on my laptop and then used up all my data for the month trying to figure out teams and other things I can use to beat Mysterious M. It was shortly after this that I read Natalies post about how she thought that the Hariyamas were the number one overall team in her opinion. I was really excited. I read all of her viability rankings and they said that I was the black sheep of the team. Then I read Jarii's VR about each player cuz i forgot to read that. I started scrolling through and I found myself listed under C. These two things were kinda painful to take in cuz of all of the time and prep i spent into making this BLT a reality. But swb told me to shake it off. At that moment, my goal became to prove Nat and Jarii.

Week 1: I was playing against an esteemed Ubers player and brought stall like my team told me to. And sadly, I was shat on. I ended up DC'ing cuz of my wifi crashing and couldnt connect back cuz I used up all of the data for the month. Either way, I was really pissed at myself and apologized to the team about 10 times. Then MM disrespected me in the thread and said that the only thing that stopped him from 6-0ing me was the timer. I was really offended that time ;-;. I felt like all the prep work I put in was for nothing cuz of how everyone saw me.

The next two weeks, I worked even harder, and won both of my games. I felt really good because I felt like I was an actual asset to the team.

But this past week impacted me a lot. We were down 0-2 cuz of some unfortunate events. Then swb misplayed a bit a lost... so we were already down 0-3. I had to play Trace, who, from all the replays I watched and all the times I've played against him in actual tours, I knew was good a terrific player. I wanted to win for my team and wanted to win to prove everyone wrong. Yet, when it mattered the most, I choked and lost the game for my team. I felt absolutely disgusting cuz I put my team down to 0-4. In the end, we lost that week and ended our time in BLT IV.

After the loss this afternoon, I really wanted to say a few things to my teammates and then a short message.
GXS, I thank you so much for drafting me... nobody has really trusted me in a match before and you actually nominating me to be drafted with about 20 other solid players left means the world to me.

Serene: You're the man. Even after I was so annoying to you, in the end, you still helped me prep for each match and practiced with me whenever you were online.

MJ: I was glad that you could spend time with me man. I still remember how we fought for the top of the leaderboard in cycle 3 and after I lost (;-;) we became really good friends and made that one really shit ubers team.

TWW: You're an acorn ;p. You were the RU king man... and always will be in my eyes. Not only are you good at RU, but you also have a good heart and helped me with RU even before BLT started. I will always miss those times.

Bundy: Lmao man. Every time I see you, I think of that one picture. But you were a god week one. Nobody can deny that. You were the real 3k legend on this team.

youmu: You're actually a really good player. Don't let anyone undervalue you. Mish Mish said that you were a really good player, and I do too. Keep on playing in cart man... hope you can hit 2000 one day.

Dundies: You're a fricking beast. Idk if you have time to read this cuz ur prolly about to go to the gym rn but you never failed us when we needed you man. Keep on rocking LC like a god.

And last.... swb. I don't know if you will ever realize it... but you're the real reason I'm on this site. When I hit a plateau in like 8th grade, you took time out of your day to help me learn how to predict and what I needed to do to get better. And still, you are my best friend on this site. When I made that bet with you and won, I was so happy that I could talk to you whenever I felt like it. You're the nicest person I know and I will come visit you in Lebanon one day.

Thank you so much guys... each and every single one of you made this BLT one of the coolest pokemon learning experiences ever.

Sorry if this post is long as heck but I wanted to say what I learned from this BLT. I learned that I am a crappy player. Not because I am bad. But because there are so many other people that are better than me. However, do not take me lightly. I will get better. And I will beat all of them.

And as always.. go Hariyamas!
I really feel like I can relate to your post dude. We honestly have so much in common. The only difference between you and I, is the gap between the stages of our personalities. You remind me of how I used to be when I first joined the site and it honestly made me chuckle. Long story short, I came into smogon through blt --with the same enthusiasm, and the same careless mannerisms as you that made me come off as annoying--. At the time, granted I was 14 though and very rowdy not only on the internet but in person too. All I can say is to stay on this site, learn from everyone else through their postings, their battles, and just grind out. You have potential brother. It all takes time.

See you in finals tRaShY TReveNANts

it makes me quite happy to hear how people had BLT as their first pedestal to getting better and into the competitive world. it just feels nice to make a difference. so give us a final to look forward to ! i would also like to thank GXS for many things, as he helped out a lot with managing and i feel he doesnt get enough credit while he deserves it. if i'm gonna shoutout everyone i want to, this would end up being longer than my blt 3 post , since i litteraly pmed every single person that qualified to scout, but just yall know everyone is special.
ps to user: blazenix <-- this dude was all like " idk what im doing , how will i draft in blt" etc etc , and then he went and took the second most solid squad (after us) , so asking all of his teammates to shower with "i told you so-s" from swb.

Luthier

Don’t get mad, get even.
I really feel like I can relate to your post dude. We honestly have so much in common. The only difference between you and I, is the gap between the stages of our personalities. You remind me of how I used to be when I first joined the site and it honestly made me chuckle. Long story short, I came into smogon through blt --with the same enthusiasm, and the same careless mannerisms as you that made me come off as annoying--. At the time, granted I was 14 though and very rowdy not only on the internet but in person too. All I can say is to stay on this site, learn from everyone else through their postings, their battles, and just grind out. You have potential brother. It all takes time.

See you in finals tRaShY TReveNANts
Will do PD. I'll make sure to mature up too :p

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll be posting the finals, but I'm also leaving this thread open for MJ and byronthewellwell if they choose to complete their game. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)