Tournament BLT IV: Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Welcome to the semifinals of BLT IV! The top two teams have advanced from their groups, while the rest were eliminated. If there is a tie between teams at this point in the tournament, the two teams will have to play a best-of-three tiebreaker before proceeding to the finals. Matches will be in standard Smogon SM tiers, so challenge your opponent in those. Obviously, play on PS! (preferably main or smogtours server). Series are played in a best-of-one (except BSS).

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done, and I will not be granting any extensions for any reasons. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this season as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).
Substitutions: Managers are free to substitute out inactive players at any point during the week with any subs they chose during the draft. Be sure to post in the thread when making a substitution.

Reminder for BSS players: it's played in a best-of-three format without teams being locked in the three games.

Matchups! The format is Smogon name (PS name, if different):

Twinleaf Trevenants
(5) vs. (2) Hau'oli Hariyamas

Managers
: Always! blazenix -- GXS Silverwhiteblue

Ubers: byronthewellwell vs. MJ (mj20)
OU: blazenix vs. Bundy300 (Almighty Sa)
OU: sand1234 vs. RED_(color07) (Galactik Red)
UU: Jarii vs. Serene's Grace
RU: TraceofLife vs. Dull Ladder UU (Luthier)
Doubles OU: littlelachyjn vs. Silverwhiteblue
LC: Kurukaito vs. Dundies
BSS: Plas (Plasmagby) vs. youmu@poke

Burlesque Bewears
(2) vs. (5) Paniola Ranchers

Managers
: Scyther NO Swiping samjo -- Quote dogknees

Ubers: Fardin vs. Leru
OU: Jordn (jrdn) vs. OminousDraco
OU: Jrsmash9 vs. BigBoy038
UU: Skelos (BigAir) vs. Sharp Ladder UU
RU: HT (hairy toenail) vs. Matame
Doubles OU: MiyoKa vs. Microwavable (Micro)
LC: EternalSnowman vs. Ninjacalibur (Ninja)
BSS: parivard vs. Blitzburgh

Please remember to use the Tournaments sub-room The Dojo for BLT IV discussion and to keep this thread civil regardless of friendly banter.

This week ends 18th July at 11:59PM EST (GMT-4). Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Triple post, but some reminders of Pokemon allowed/disallowed:
- Weavile is now legal in UU
- Marshadow is legal in tiers it's not banned in
- Mega Gardevoir, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Gallade are legal
- Buzzwole is banned in UU
- Bewear is not legal in RU since it's under suspect and hence not technically in the tier yet

Luthier

Don’t get mad, get even.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Well I thought that It'd be kinda cool if I made some predictions on my own. So yeet.
(4) vs. (4)
!!
Ubers: Fardin vs. Leru - I respect both of these players. However I think that Leru will take the W here. After staying undefeated, this player looks like he's living up to his 16k value.
OU: Jordn (jrdn) vs. OminousDraco - I have some mad respect for Ominous. The last game where he won against a near unbeatable stall match up was absolutely insane. (Btw go to plays 180-190 to see the most ridiculous gengar plays ever). To be fair, Jrdn is also a great player, but he's been somewhat underwhelming so far.
OU: Jrsmash9 vs. BigBoy038 - This is a weird match up. Jrsmash9 once brought a team that insta lost to a +1 Mega ttar. Those kinda holes in an OU team make me doubtful of his ability to bring a solid team, although his play isn't bad. BigBoy038 on the other hand brings alright teams but I feel like his play isn't that solid (sorry ;-;). I think this will be a key match up look out for in the week cuz it could be the tipping scale. I still lean a bit towards BigBoy038 tho.
UU: Skelos (BigAir) vs. Sharp Ladder UU - This kid himself is a meme. Both players are competent at the tier however I know sharp as the overall better player. He makes plays and thinks through before actually clicking buttons. I don't see that as often from BigAir so that could be the deciding factor.
RU: HT (hairy toenail) vs. Matame - Alright man... wtf is going on. HT takes this without a doubt. This man flexed his knowledge in RU and beat Arifeen. But at the same time, he brought one of the clunkiest teams that I've ever seen in an RU battle vs soTsoT and got kinda crushed. Despite that, this man is actually so good at mons overall its kinda unfair. Also, I don't know what's going on .. but doesn't Matame play DOU?
Doubles OU: MiyoKa vs. Microwavable (Micro) - This is basically the same thing... did Micro and Matame accidentally get switched around or something? Either way, I don't know if Micro actually has any tier knowledge in DOU and I'm thinking that MiyoKa will take this game because he actually played DOU in week 1.
LC: EternalSnowman vs. Ninjacalibur (Ninja) - I have never grown so much respect for a man over a week. This man scouted and built some weird as hell sets.... but that's why he beat Mr. Milk. I know that most people that Ninja has the easy win here cuz he is the player with significantly more tier knowledge and the one that actually plays the tier. But.... that's what they said about ESM last week. I think this will be the single match that can tip the scale for the bewears.
BSS: parivard vs. Blitzburgh - My man parivard. This kid is a legend. That's all there is to it. Parivard is a very strong player in any tier. Though he loses to memes like plasmagby (love ya buddy), he also beats people who are not only really good, but people that actually play the tier. (Natalie in week 2) On the other hand, Blitzburgh isn't that strong of a player in my eyes. Though BSS isn't a tier where the better player always wins, I think pari will win in this case.

Game to watch is the LC battle.

That's all for my predictions. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. If you think I made a mistake, then prove me wrong in the matches. Also, take everything here with a grain of salt... I'm prolly worse than everyone here lmao (3k legend ;p). Anyways ... gl hf to all!
Go Hariyamas!

EternalSnowman

DPL Champion
Twinleaf Trevenants(5) vs. (2) Hau'oli Hariyamas

Ubers: byronthewellwell vs. MJ (mj20) -- Probably the closest match of this set, I think that it could easily go either way, but with MJ on vacation I might have to swing it towards byron, both are solid players and looking forward to a good match!
OU: blazenix vs. Bundy300 (Almighty Sa) -- Blaze is clearly a more experienced player and altho he has yet to win a battle, I think his experience in the tier will grant him the W barring same dank cteams
OU: sand1234 vs. Galactik Red -- I don't know the other one but sand is a great OU player and it will be hard for a random(?) to beat him
UU: Jarii vs. Serene's Grace -- Jarii is more experienced in the tier and as long as he doesn't meme his face off I see him winning this, though Serene's Grace has picked up a impressive(4-0) undefeated record he has yet to face top players like Jarii in this tier, but could see sg winning this as well, not out of the realm of possibilities.
RU: TraceofLife vs. Dull Ladder UU (Luthier) -- Trace is super solid and hard to go against him especially when against a guy who doesnt play much RU
Doubles OU: littlelachyjn vs. Silverwhiteblue -- idk if swb loses then (???)
LC: Kurukaito vs. Dundies - he will remain undefeated
BSS: Plas (Plasmagby) vs. youmu@poke -- Plas has shown flashes of brilliance while youmu@poke has remained relatively unimpressive to me.

I'm looking forward to some great semifinal matches, GLHF TO ALL!

Last edited:

Luthier

Don’t get mad, get even.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Twinleaf Trevenants(5) vs. (2) Hau'oli Hariyamas

Ubers: byronthewellwell vs. MJ (mj20) -- Probably the closest match of this set, I think that it could easily go either way, but with MJ on vacation I might have to swing it towards byron, both are solid players and looking forward to a good match!
OU: blazenix vs. Bundy300 (Almighty Sa) -- Blaze is clearly a more experienced player and altho he has yet to win a battle, I think his experience in the tier will grant him the W barring same dank cteams
OU: sand1234 vs. Galactik Red -- I don't know the other one but sand is a great OU player and it will be hard for a random(?) to beat him
UU: Jarii vs. Serene's Grace -- Jarii is more experienced in the tier and as long as he doesn't meme his face off I see him winning this, though Serene's Grace has picked up a impressive(4-0) undefeated record he has yet to face top players like Jarii in this tier, but could see sg winning this as well, not out of the realm of possibilities.
RU: TraceofLife vs. Dull Ladder UU (Luthier) -- Trace is super solid and hard to go against him especially when against a guy who doesnt play much RU
Doubles OU: littlelachyjn vs. Silverwhiteblue -- idk if swb loses then (???)
LC: Kurukaito vs. Dundies - both undefeated players of the haris will remain undefeated
BSS: Plas (Plasmagby) vs. youmu@poke -- Plas has shown flashes of brilliance while youmu@poke has remained relatively unimpressive to me.

I'm looking forward to some great semifinal matches, GLHF TO ALL!
btw Serene's Grace is undefeated and u have him losing :p

Twinleaf Trevenants(0) vs. (0) Hau'oli Hariyamas
Ubers: byronthewellwell vs. MJ (mj20)
OU: blazenix vs. Bundy300 (Almighty Sa)
OU: sand1234 vs. RED_(color07)
UU: Jarii vs. Serene's Grace already played
RU: TraceofLife vs. Dull Ladder UU (Luthier)
Doubles OU: littlelachyjn vs. Silverwhiteblue
LC: Kurukaito vs. Dundies HL match.

Bewears (0) vs. (0) Paniola Ranchers

Ubers: Fardin vs. Leru more solid, fardin won't win unless he prepares something solid against leru, who doesn't care about this and will just use some stag team (hint: toxa stall)
OU: Jordn (jrdn) vs. OminousDraco ok so watched draco's replay last week and it is a surprise, man did a solid game and seems to do fine otherwise, i'll give the edge to jrdn though since he's solid too and won't use dual birds stall..
OU: Jrsmash9 vs. BigBoy038 better use gud teams :)
UU: Skelos (BigAir) vs. Sharp Ladder UU i mean it is obv?
RU: HT (hairy toenail) vs. Matame u better prepare well for this one matame, win this.
Doubles OU: MiyoKa vs. Microwavable (Micro) should be at 3-0 without hax (sigh) atm so dont underestimate me.
LC: EternalSnowman vs. Ninjacalibur (Ninja) man won last week in doubles so i guess he can adapt to a meta quickly and being good at it
BSS: parivard vs. Blitzburgh god pari

Scottie

formerly Osh
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Twinleaf Trevenants (4) vs. (3) Hau'oli Hariyamas
Ubers: byronthewellwell vs. MJ (mj20) 2 solid players 50/50
OU: blazenix vs. Bundy300 (Almighty Sa) blazenix is the goat, just dont bring stall vs him...
OU: sand1234 vs. Galactik Red Going for the underdog here
UU: Jarii vs. Serene's Grace already played
RU: TraceofLife vs. Dull Ladder UU (Luthier) straight forward win for Trace really although Dull is decent
Doubles OU: littlelachyjn vs. Silverwhiteblue swb hasn't played as well as he would of liked but he should win this
LC: Kurukaito vs Dundies this is the HL match but ill give the edge to dundies

Bewears (3) vs. (5) Paniola Ranchers

Ubers: Fardin vs. Leru Fardin is good, but I think Leru takes it
OU: Jordn (jrdn) vs. OminousDraco been very impressed with draco this season
OU: Jrsmash9 vs. BigBoy038 Bigboy will prep for stall but jrsmash will bring ho and win
UU: (BigAir) vs. Sharp Ladder UU - god
RU: HT (hairy toenail) vs. Matame ht should win this easy
Doubles OU: MiyoKa vs. Microwavable (Micro) should win this easy
LC: Eternalsnowman vs. Ninjacalibur (Ninja) why are you playing lc esm .-.
BSS: parivard vs Blitzburgh

Last edited:
Doing predicts coz i think it should be fun and I want likes

Twinleaf Trevenants
(0) vs. (0) Hau'oli Hariyamas

Ubers: byronthewellwell vs. MJ (mj20) 2 solid players but Byron should have the advantage in Ubers.
OU: blazenix vs. Bundy300 (Almighty Sa) Blazenix is more experienced and uses solid teams!
OU: sand1234 vs. RED_(color07) (Galactik Red) I know that sand is good while i have no clue on who the other one is
UU: Jarii vs. Serene's Grace Serene's deserved the hax for using stall against me!!!
RU: TraceofLife vs. Dull Ladder UU (Luthier) Trace should be the favorite to win this one but Dull Ladder is capable and can cause an upset
Doubles OU: littlelachyjn vs Silverwhiteblue - Swb should win this
LC: Kurukaito vs. Dundies should be a close but I think Dundies will take this
BSS: Plas (Plasmagby) vs youmu@poke - I think Plas has been brilliant but youmu@poke plays this tier more and he would like to bounce back when his team needs him the most

Burlesque Bewears (0) vs. (0) Paniola Ranchers

Ubers: Fardin vs. Leru Leru is more solid
OU: Jordn (jrdn) vs. OminousDraco Ominous is really good
OU: Jrsmash9 vs. BigBoy038 Bigboy is good and plays focused but his team building skills are rather meh but I'll still give the advantage to him
UU: Skelos (BigAir) vs Sharp Ladder UU Should be a close one
RU: HT (hairy toenail) vs. Matame
Doubles OU: MiyoKa vs. Microwavable (Micro) Miyoka isn't too good to give a clear advantage but I don't even think micro plays DOU
LC: EternalSnowman vs Ninjacalibur (Ninja) I think Esm's lc knowledge isn't high but I think he will put in the effort and this should be a good one
BSS: parivard vs. Blitzburgh Pari God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)